Character
    Thrynn
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 34

newish player question

OK... so my friend and I started playing again about amonth ago. we're social and going slow so we're both like level 33 because we started from scratch (neither of us could find our old info for our old characters). when we played before we were only in our 30's maybe 35 or so.

that being said... would there be any reason to purchase the newest expansion yet? or would all the content be for much higher level and more expereinced players?
    (0)

Character
    Ziyyigotipyigo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 1
    The expansion on its own? Nobody can answer that question yet, as the content hasn't been turned on yet.

However, for new-ish players, Ultimate Collection Seekers Edition comes with a piece of equipment that looks able to help new players get started crafting. And if you didn't get Ultimate Collection Abyssea Edition, there's also the Destrier Beret, which is game-breakingly awesome for anybody under level 31.
    (0)
    Nothing in the above post is intended to disparage Square Enix or FINAL FANTASY XI, or to criticize Square Enix staff; such behavior would be a violation of the FINAL FANTASY XI User Agreement. Any such violations of the FINAL FANTASY XI User Agreement should be reported to Square Enix immediately, by using the "Report Post" icon in the bottom-left of forum posts.

No Moogles were harmed in the making in this post. Stars save the Sibyl!

Character
    Rustic
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarnsereg View Post
    OK... so my friend and I started playing again about amonth ago. we're social and going slow so we're both like level 33 because we started from scratch (neither of us could find our old info for our old characters). when we played before we were only in our 30's maybe 35 or so.

that being said... would there be any reason to purchase the newest expansion yet? or would all the content be for much higher level and more expereinced players?
    The new jobs are certainly lower-level content, as is stuff like the Mog Resort. The -zone- monster content is definitely aimed at higher level players, but you're 30+, so getting in, unlocking RUN or GEO, and playing them is absolutely doable. Many of GEO's spells actually require exploring the old world for "founts" to gain use of them, so you can unlock GEO and be happily picking up those spells off founts when you exp/explore those areas.
    (0)
    Old-time player, new-time character- Ragnarok server.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziyyigo-Tipyigo View Post
    And if you didn't get Ultimate Collection Abyssea Edition, there's also the Destrier Beret, which is game-breakingly awesome for anybody under level 31.
    I'm also a returning player and I did get the Destrier Beret, but what is so great about it? It has been years since I've last played so I kind of am basically a "noob" again haha
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by icytadpole View Post
    I'm also a returning player and I did get the Destrier Beret, but what is so great about it? It has been years since I've last played so I kind of am basically a "noob" again haha
    Well first off, for your first few levels the regen and refresh are enough to make it so you can not die, because they keep your HP and MP maxed at nearly all times. The movement speed means any time you are in danger you can actually just run away and you will quickly get out of range, so you can survive. And if all else fails, if you die you have an unlimited amount of reraise, so you can just keep getting up again and again no matter how much you die.
    (0)