Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Horadrim View Post
    So, I started my morning pawning over data that's emerging about Geomancer (there's tons) and Rune Fencer (surprisingly little) on my way out to work.

After arriving in the office, I started eating my breakfast and sip-sipping on my coffee as I looked through forum posts on other sites and noticed people asking abut BLU spells. Someone replied to the effect of "Nothing yet, the only job with an adjustment was PUP"

*Metal Gear Exclamation Point Sound Effect!*

So I opened up the version update details and searched Puppetmaster to find the line in question and began flailing with excitement at my desk.

I know its not that big of a deal, but seriously -- its about damn time. This makes me happy out of general principle.
    It's really too late. Asuran fists would have been great to have when the level cap was 75, but now it's not really relevant anymore.
    (0)

Character
    Lynsara
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    Then stringing Pummel came along and laughed at your sh*tty Asuran Fists.

And ironically still stands as the best h2h WS in the game (with 99 Kenkonken)
    Kenkonken /drool

One day maybe, if enough ppl would actually stick together long enough to actually work toward mythics
    (0)

Character
    Nyheen
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    asuran fist. yes it a bit late but it still good to have for the newer pups. you guys forgot it lot harder to get people into doing old nyzul isle now & days also pup was the only one that didn have a 70+ WS Trial. even the newer jobs geo rune got some WS trial
    (0)

Character
    Annalise
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by nyheen View Post
    asuran fist. yes it a bit late but it still good to have for the newer pups. you guys forgot it lot harder to get people into doing old nyzul isle now & days also pup was the only one that didn have a 70+ WS Trial. even the newer jobs geo rune got some WS trial
    I was going to mention that as well. Puppetmaster can unlock Asuran Fists at level 74. I know some puppetmasters who still don't have stringing pummel due to not having the runic key. Granted, Shijin Spiral is a better option (weaponskill space permitted) than Asuran but at least it gives newer puppermasters more options. While I may have Stringing Pummel, Shijin Spiral, and Victory Smite, I wouldn't write PUP getting Asuran off as useless.

If Asuran fists was Distortion rather than Gravitation, it would be a bit of a different story, though (Tactical Switch of Asuran Fists -> Stringing Pummel = Darkness were that the case). One can dream.
    (0)

Player
    In all honesty I have two characters. 1 that's a lvl 99 PUP with stringing pummel, the other is lvl 30. I have no plans really to unlock asuran fists on either unless I get people asking me for blu procs. That's it. I went years without the skill before, I can go more years without it now. Not saying it's useless, just saying it's not really needed.
    (0)

Character
    Horadrim
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    It's really too late. Asuran fists would have been great to have when the level cap was 75, but now it's not really relevant anymore.
    Yeah I know, that's likely the only reason we got it -- because it doesn't matter now.

Doesn't stop me from feeling good about it on general principle, though. It's like finish a complete set of AF1 even when you already have Empy +2 finished. Irrelevant, but feels good bro.
    (1)
    Somewhere in space... this could be happening right now.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Now... I don't have MNK and thus never did the WS quest. Did they merely add the WS to the job, or can PUP actually undertake the quest as well?
    (0)

Character
    Kristal
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    Now... I don't have MNK and thus never did the WS quest. Did they merely add the WS to the job, or can PUP actually undertake the quest as well?
    Knuckles Of Trials are PUP/MNK now, so they can indeed quest it.
    (1)
    "Puppetmaster was our last best hope for peace. It failed.
    Now it's our last best hope.. for victory!"

Character
    Horadrim
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zagen View Post
    Is it really that hard to find the image button?

Nah, I just never think to.
    (0)
    Somewhere in space... this could be happening right now.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2