Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: POL-1160

POL-1160

My POL today, not sure if the version update brought POL down but I have an internet connection and yet POL wont let me Log In. I'm frustrated and cant figure out why that is happening, someone please help.

I even did a full uninstall/reinstall, reset my internet connection many times, restarted my computer. UGH IDK whatelse to do.
    (0)

Character
    Lordsquall
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    1160 indicates that the servers are too busy, and can't handle all requests. but the msg should also tell you taht you should try later again. so uninstalling/reinstalling is useless
    (2)
    Last edited by NDSI; 03-27-2013 at 09:42 PM.

Ah, well guess I will wait til later on today or possibly tomorrow.
    (0)

Player
    It's so absurd that we should be putting up with this issue after all these years. Why SE can't temporarily dedicate more server load to the updates during times -known- to be heavily congested (such as right after a big update or expansion release) is beyond me. They either need to fire their server admin or start listening to them. It's hard to tell from our side which is the problem.
    (11)

Exactly, you hit the point there Feauce.
    (0)

Character
    Asanarama
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 90
    At the very least, I wish they'd make sure that once you did get in, you stayed in. After the "checking files" part of the update, I got another "...busy..." error. I haven't gotten beyond that yet, but if it restarts the "checking files" when I finally do, instead of continuing with the update, my health insurance company will probably be suing SE for causing my stroke.
    (5)

Character
    Sorveliss
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 67
    Yeah I had the same thing. Registered my adoulin code after having been logged in on POL. Then when I went to start, all these errors came up. I thought it had something to do with the steam client breaking after I entered the codes. Was scared lol
    (0)

I dont have FFXI Through Steam, I have one of the original copies from CD/DVD install, Seeker's of Audolin, I got from Amazon.com and I registered and installed it yesterday. I just want to get on update so I get my Warrior out of Abyssea Altepa where I left her last night during a Fell Cleave Party.
    (0)

Player
    I gave up, all this extremely primitive update system does is cause it's paying customers unnecessary stress. Over 2 hours and neither one of my 2 pcs nor my 360 will update. I'm clicking retry on all 3 at the same time and the most i would get is once every 200 tries it will check the files and then ERROR after it's done, so instead of remembering that it already checked the damn files, nope the geniuses that programmed this have it check again everytime, making sure you never get to the point where it starts downloading. After 10 years of this bs updating system, I give up.
    (5)
    Last edited by Apie; 03-28-2013 at 04:41 AM.

Character
    Nirali
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 61
    Still getting error 1160 after going to bed and getting up eight hours later.
    (0)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast