Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Character
    Axedat
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    I guess I can try upgrade my basic Seekers download to the full EU FFXI ver.

I have old Discs up to WoTG.I should be good to go for re-install with that right? Abyssea and add-ons did not require game download correct?

I was like a child at xmas, excited about new area It been years since we had a new town! We will get there.

Hopefully they can create a basic .exe to fix our issue.
    (0)

Character
    Loeh
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    yeah it seems a lot of people are finding themselves in a similar situation. Like i said my solution is only a suggestion it is by no means the end all be all to resolving it. How ever if you feel nervous about giving it a shot and if it is not the right solution for you then i would suggest waiting for SE to release a direct download link either via POL Viewer or one of the companion websites in the future.
    (0)

Character
    Loeh
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Shirkan View Post
    I guess I can try upgrade my basic Seekers download to the full EU FFXI ver.

I have old Discs up to WoTG.I should be good to go for re-install with that right? Abyssea and add-ons did not require game download correct?

I was like a child at xmas, excited about new area It been years since we had a new town! We will get there.

Hopefully they can create a basic .exe to fix our issue.
    They should be able to fix the issue, especially for those who actually have the right SoA version for their client. As to installing from your WoTG disc set it should be fine just make sure you have the right regional version of SoA if you want to get things working.
    (1)

Character
    Sechs
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Bayohne View Post
    Greetings!

We have actually have a article about this in our Support Center! Please try these following steps:
    Of course there is no article on the EU support site because, you know, who cares about EU users, how many of them could there be? 10? 15? Lol at them.
    Inorite?

F**k SquareEnix Europe, srsly, can a company get lower than this on a single market?

Nothing against you Bayohne, you have nothing to do about this and you can't do anything either aside from reporting our complaints to the upper floors, but still I had to rage for a second.
    (1)
    And the autumn of life has finally come
    with the promise of winter thaw.

Character
    Axedat
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhronne View Post
    Of course there is no article on the EU support site because, you know, who cares about EU users, how many of them could there be? 10? 15? Lol at them.
    Inorite?

F**k SquareEnix Europe, srsly, can a company get lower than this on a single market?

Nothing against you Bayohne, you have nothing to do about this and you can't do anything either aside from reporting our complaints to the upper floors, but still I had to rage for a second.
    It's the same in PlayStation home right? The three regions are basically separate companies.When I complained about something in PS Home once I got a good answer from a Mod.They sorta said that in EU there are so many individual countries all with their own laws it's hard to get stuff done.
    (0)

Character
    Sechs
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    With all the european international laws going on for stuff like these and seeing how other companies manage to succeed no problem in handling all the european differences I'm leaning to think that's just a silly excuse, sorry.
    (1)
    And the autumn of life has finally come
    with the promise of winter thaw.

Character
    Dorima
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    I'm having trouble with this too. I installed the Ultimate Abyssea Complete via Steam (which I assume is EU, as I'm in the UK) and downloaded an EU version of SoA direct from SE. When I run the setup it says the game isn't installed. I moved the setup files in to the same folder Steam has installed the game (on a secondary HDD) and the same message comes up.
    Hoping someone comes up with an easy fix for this as I'm really not clued up enough to start changing registry data!
    (0)

Character
    Axedat
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by spliffmonkey187 View Post
    Just a little update, i did manage to get it to install but it took some fiddling around and i would not suggest anyone else doing this at the risk of damaging your registry.

*** Do this at your own risk its still a work in progress and the SE techs may have a better solution ****
    *** Remember i have a US Pol ID and US Client installed & am attempting to install the EU SoA expansion ****
    *** Also i am on a Windows 7 x64 system *****

So i got it to install by doing this:-

1) Download > Install > Update the PoL Viewer EU Client from playonline EU
    2) Go to your registry > got to (for x64) HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\PlayOnlineUS
    3) Right click it and select Export
    4) this will export the registry for playonlineUS and save it to your desktop as a .reg file
    5) rename the file ffxiEU > open it in notepad > change every instance of PlayonlineUS to PlayonlineEU
    i.e. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\PlayOnlineUS >>>>> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\PlayOnlineEU
    6) Your polEU client should now be able to point to your US ffxi install
    7) Now run your EU SoA installer
    8) The installer now should find your FFXI install (regardless of it being an NA install)
    9) Once SoA has installed you should be set, now the only problem is getting the reg code to work.

I have gotten to this point but took the extra step of then uninstalling the polEU client so that my polNA client would be back to default, but to no avail, so i am Re-installing the polNA client currrently but its having issues checking for updates, guessing the SE servers are getting hit hard by the update maybe, keep getting pol-1160 error.
    Worked for me thanks You can always rely on a WAR!
    If I ever see you at a SE event, I owe ya a pint.

Well I got SoA to install after I followed your instructions.
    Then I added the SoA Key to my PoL account.

All should be ok? Just can't log in due to expected server lag.
    So hopefully you have saved me a full install and complete FFXI history update
    I'll let you know when I'm on a ship to Adoulin!
    (1)

Character
    Axedat
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhronne View Post
    With all the european international laws going on for stuff like these and seeing how other companies manage to succeed no problem in handling all the european differences I'm leaning to think that's just a silly excuse, sorry.
    I agree, it's just a tiny piece of coded software.There should be no need for a mess like this.
    (0)

Character
    Loeh
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Shirkan View Post
    Worked for me thanks You can always rely on a WAR!
    If I ever see you at a SE event, I owe ya a pint.

Well I got SoA to install after I followed your instructions.
    Then I added the SoA Key to my PoL account.

All should be ok? Just can't log in due to expected server lag.
    So hopefully you have saved me a full install and complete FFXI history update
    I'll let you know when I'm on a ship to Adoulin!
    Hi there Shirkan, glad it helped you out, just be careful in making sure you have the right version of SoA (reg code and installer) for the client you have installed on your machine. This reg trick is only to be used if you just want to install a version of SoA (e.g NA/JP/EU) that your client is not meant to support i.e Eu client > want to install NA/JP SoA. But glad it worked for you mate And dont worry about the pint ^^ just happy you can get to access the content finally.
    (1)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast