Bluplanet
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99

FFXI: Seekers of Adoulin Launch Problems

I'm calling it.

It's official.

Square Enix is screwing up big time on the release of Seekers of Adoulin.

It is 1PM U.S. Eastern Time. 13 hours past the advertised availability of PC downloads.

By now, they have to realize that "oh, oh... something is wrong."

And since they know there's a problem, why are they not acknowledging that fact publicly?

Furthermore, they really need to keep their customers informed of the situation.

All they are doing is causing anger and resentment to fester with their customers.

Please. Tell us what is going on!!
    (2)
    Bluplanet @ Leviathan

Image by: Syllvian (FFXI retired)

I don't think they are releasing the download til later. Just the registration codes. You can register the game now and tonight during the maintenance or tomorrow morning you can download it. That what it looks like they meant and if they didn't then holy crap they screwed the pooch on this one.

On a side note if you order from Amazon you can download your copy now I guess.
    (0)

I ordered from Amazon, got the download, registered my key, did the update from the PoL viewer, now I'm just waiting for tomorrow when the expansion goes live and the updates take place.
    (1)
    S to the M

Character
    Asanarama
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 90
    SE's CA office is accredited with the Better Business Bureau--as is Digital River. "The BBB Code of Business Practices ... is built on the BBB Standards for Trust, eight principles that summarize important elements of creating and maintaining trust in business." 3A: "Make known all material facts in both written and verbal representations, remembering that misrepresentation may result not only from direct statements but by omitting or obscuring relevant facts." That's a bit out of context and perhaps not meant to apply to this particular situation, but SE needs to learn that omitting relevant facts is just as unethical as lying. 5B: "Honor representations by correcting mistakes as quickly as possible." If some people are able to install the expansion before it goes live while the rest of us have to wait until after it goes live, that is a mistake. I hope SE and Digital River are working together to correct the mistake.

http://www.bbb.org/los-angeles/busin...do-ca-13168063
    http://www.bbb.org/minnesota/busines...ka-mn-38000919
    http://losangeles.bbb.org/bbb-accreditation-standards
    (1)

Character
    Bluplanet
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Message from the SE Online Store (Digital River):

(0)
    Last edited by Bluplanet; 03-27-2013 at 12:34 PM.

Character
    Bluplanet
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99

Yep, they have resolved the issue.

Yep, they have resolved the issue.

Here is my lesson learned. Purchased from the SE (Digital River) Online Store:
    1. Go to www.findmyorder.com. and either put in your Order Number and Password --OR-- e-mail Address and last 5 (five) digits of the CC you used.
    2. Your order should appear.
    3. Where before you saw text that stated "PC Download", you should now see a GREEN button that says "Download".

There you go. Download it and follow the additional instructions for install and registration.

Now if you DO NOT SEE a download button. Then I suggest you call Digital River Customer Service (800--598-7450) and they will resolve the issue. (NOTE: I had to call them.)
    (0)
    Last edited by Bluplanet; 03-27-2013 at 03:55 PM.