Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Voicememo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99

Registration on Square Enix Account Mangement

Hopefully this post will help others to not make this mistake.

If you have bought the Seekers edition and want to apply it to your EXISTING account. DO NOT follow SE's instructions. If you click on playonline it will create a NEW account. You have to click on "Add a Service Account".

I blindly followed SE's instructions and ended up with a new POLID to my SE account. I sent an email to SE, hopefully they can remove that account and transfer the codes to my existing account. If not guess I'll have to buy a 2nd expansion .

SE I would recommend you edit your text on the SEEKERS edition. I suspect many existing players have bought it for the ingame items and the instructions you have on that edition are for players that DO NOT have an existing character.
    (3)

Character
    Endos
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Same happened with me... I really should have read the expansion instruction rather than the ultimate collection instructions...
    (1)

Character
    Saricks
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    What codes have been released? I didn't see any emails about codes or even the findmyorder.com showing the download link for the software. I did however receive a link to get free digital MP3's in an email from SE.
    (0)
    Developers take notice when a post has a lot of likes. Please support your fellow posters if they make good suggestions or comments by clicking the like.

Character
    Infidi
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    I got my Amazon codes and Adoulin registered today. Choco shirt don't work yet, obviously. XD On another note I have an extra code for the destrier beret sitting on my Amazon account, since I bought the previous Ultimate collection just for the hat . I guess I still have an extra Ultimate Collection code sitting in my Gamefly(Formerly Direct2Drive) account as well. I guess a LS mate is gonna be happy. :P Or something.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by VoiceMemo View Post
    Hopefully this post will help others to not make this mistake.

If you have bought the Seekers edition and want to apply it to your EXISTING account. DO NOT follow SE's instructions. If you click on playonline it will create a NEW account. You have to click on "Add a Service Account".

I blindly followed SE's instructions and ended up with a new POLID to my SE account. I sent an email to SE, hopefully they can remove that account and transfer the codes to my existing account. If not guess I'll have to buy a 2nd expansion .

SE I would recommend you edit your text on the SEEKERS edition. I suspect many existing players have bought it for the ingame items and the instructions you have on that edition are for players that DO NOT have an existing character.
    I'm scratching my head as to how it allowed you to register the code to a new account, which wouldn't have the base game on it. One would tihnk it wouldn't let you enter the code if you hadn't registered an FFXI base code.
    (2)

VoiceMemo and Kirito_Wind,

This registration instructions have been corrected on our website and now specifies that there are separate instructions for new users or existing users. If you accidentally created a new account using the FFXI: UCSE registration code, please contact the Square Enix Support Center (select the "Get Support" option, then Contact Category: Account/Billing and Contact Sub-Category: Account Creation) where they will be able to help you get the code registered to the proper account. Selecting the phone service option would be the fastest way to resolve the issue.
    (9)
    Matt "Bayohne" Hilton - Community Team

Character
    Pokes
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    The Square Enix Account Management service desperately needs to be made more user friendly. Sure we all had a good laugh at our characters being referred to as "automatically continuous options" the first time, but now I've read several of these stories about people registering a new account when they didn't mean to. And in the past I've heard of people finding out they accidentally closed their account when they meant to cancel their subscription because they clicked the "cancel service" button not realizing that's not what it does. It would be nice if it was a little more straightforward in the language it uses. You know, changing "list automatically continuous options" to "manage subscriptions", changing "cancel service" to "close account", changing "add a service account" into "register an expansion/reward code". Things like that, so that hopefully people wouldn't even need to follow a guide to register their new expansion key.

I imagine this could also be quite important for the upcoming release of FFXIV:ARR, since it may have even more new players not used to SE's system, but I can't post on that forum.
    (5)

Character
    Camiie
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Fawkes View Post
    The Square Enix Account Management service desperately needs to be made more user friendly. Sure we all had a good laugh at our characters being referred to as "automatically continuous options" the first time, but now I've read several of these stories about people registering a new account when they didn't mean to. And in the past I've heard of people finding out they accidentally closed their account when they meant to cancel their subscription because they clicked the "cancel service" button not realizing that's not what it does. It would be nice if it was a little more straightforward in the language it uses. You know, changing "list automatically continuous options" to "manage subscriptions", changing "cancel service" to "close account", changing "add a service account" into "register an expansion/reward code". Things like that, so that hopefully people wouldn't even need to follow a guide to register their new expansion key.

I imagine this could also be quite important for the upcoming release of FFXIV:ARR, since it may have even more new players not used to SE's system, but I can't post on that forum.
    Agreed. The nomenclature they use is completely nonsensical. The absolute least they could do is make their process clear and intuitive, and call things what they actually are. I purchased an expansion pack and I want to register it. I didn't buy a "service account." I already have an account! Why do I want to add one? I don't! Why are characters "options?" I thought they were Content IDs! Wait why are they Content IDs?
    (4)

Character
    Kintups
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Camiie View Post
    Agreed. The nomenclature they use is completely nonsensical. The absolute least they could do is make their process clear and intuitive, and call things what they actually are. I purchased an expansion pack and I want to register it. I didn't buy a "service account." I already have an account! Why do I want to add one? I don't! Why are characters "options?" I thought they were Content IDs! Wait why are they Content IDs?
    fuckin right!
    (0)

Character
    Kitanashia
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    I'm scratching my head as to how it allowed you to register the code to a new account, which wouldn't have the base game on it. One would tihnk it wouldn't let you enter the code if you hadn't registered an FFXI base code.
    he was referring to the Final Fantasy XI Ultimate Collection Seekers Edition, that is how
    (0)
    Try to have fun or it isn't worth playing

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast