Character
    Jackyl
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 69

Most efficient way to level up?

Returning player here...
    So last time I played the game the only way to level up a non-BST was by partying.

Well, I'm really not sure about leveling now. I've read tons of "start up" guides and I'm still a bit confused. And I have a few questions.

What is the most efficient way to level up?

So the best way to level up is through FOV quests in a group? Is this best done in a full group or duo/trioing?

Is it true that you can solo 1-75, and if so, is this viable?

What level do you start Abyssia exactly or expect to start it?

How long should it take you to get to 1-75 now?

Thanks.
    (0)

Character
    Rustic
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackyl View Post
    Returning player here...
    So last time I played the game the only way to level up a non-BST was by partying.

Well, I'm really not sure about leveling now. I've read tons of "start up" guides and I'm still a bit confused. And I have a few questions.

What is the most efficient way to level up?
    Efficient is generally 1-30 via Grounds of Valor, then 30+ leeching off an Abyssea party. This, of course also is a bit lame for the 30-99 part.

So the best way to level up is through FOV quests in a group? Is this best done in a full group or duo/trioing?

Is it true that you can solo 1-75, and if so, is this viable?
    Generally, Grounds of Valor (the dungeon books) are superior to Fields of Valor (the outside books) due to the Prowess buffs. I generally suggest Dangruf Wadi for newbie -> 24th or so, then Gusgen to 30ish. You can -most certainly- solo at a solid rate further than that- Maze is good for the low 30's, then Delfkutt's can be done up to 50th, and Garliage can cover 50-55+. Groupwise, you'll generally see alliances doing Gusgen -> Crawler's Nest instead, but I enjoy soloing and keeping my skills relatively sharp, something alliance exp groups rarely manage. Plus, all the loot's mine!

What level do you start Abyssia exactly or expect to start it?

How long should it take you to get to 1-75 now?
    Abyssea leechers can start as early as 30th (the minimum level to enter the zone), though the mobs are level-appropriate for a 75+ player- the exp system in there however means that lower-level players can end up exp-buffed up to the point of huge gains with zero effort. Assuming help with your level cap quests + available alliances to park your butt at while you AFK-leech, you could literally go 1-75 in a few days if you take the path of least resistance- generally, that's going WHM for the easiest fight vs. Maat + alliance exp where-ever possible, rather than soloing.

IMHO, that's not the most FUN way of doing it, but for a lot of folks speed is the only thing that matters. YMMV.
    (0)
    Old-time player, new-time character- Ragnarok server.