Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Character
    Phraust
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Please note, While the brew might give you 999 Subtle blow, it does not give said buff to anyone else.... I seen so many Rani get messed up because someone tries to "help", in turn TP'ing Rani, leading to hilarity as Rani + Charmed Demigod go omnomnomnom on an entire alliance.

In short make sure everyone is away from the fight when the brew goes off.
    (0)
    Last edited by Frost; 03-21-2011 at 11:01 PM.

Character
    Alderin
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Great thanks for the advice Mojo - and the stats to go with them.. Guess I will start farming pops when the server goes back online.

And yep, when I am brewing I tell people to back off - Not only cause of the TP point (which is a valid one), however People interrupting skillchains etc.
    (0)

Character
    Khajit
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    I'd recommended just proccing red right before using brew since if it's frozen you can just gank it right then and there instead of caring about accidentally healing it.
    (0)

Character
    Mookies
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 90
    I just used Jin, wasn't really a problem. RR/SS/Apoc + temps and it was hitting for 8-11k. And Jin chains with itself for detonation which was doing another 3-5k. Your 2 biggest problems, timing and amnesia. Amnesia screen wears before your brew, so drink it last. And as for timing. Rani absorbs physical damage during tp move. Just make sure the animation is over before you ws again and that she's doing regular attacks or casting. Best to time spam ws, is when she's casting. It's when she's most vulnerable. Especially long casting spells like AM and Meteor. During those times you can WS away with impunity.
    (0)
    "One Tarutaru to rule them all..."

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
    Blade: Yu and Aeolian Edge both have secondary mobs of 28% DEX 28% INT, so WSC for both weaponskills is the following.

WSC = floor(0.85*floor((999*0.28)+(999*0.28))) = floor(0.85*floor(559.44)) = floor(0.85*559) = floor(475.15) = 475

The systematic factors for both weapon skills is the regular dINT which will be capped at 32. Blade: Yu has a constant fTP multiplier of 3.00 (more TP = longer Poison) while Aeolian Edge is 2.75 3.50 4.00. Thus the damage before atma and magic attack bonus are applied will look something like this.

Code:
    Weaponskill	TP 100	TP 200	TP 300
    Blade: Yu	1733	1733	1733
    Aeolian Edge	1591	2016	2300
    If you happen to have the elemental obis/gorgets (which are best in slot for any weaponskill under brew), then it looks like this.

Code:
    Blade: Yu	1846	1846	1846
    Aeolian Edge	1704	2129	2413
    The next step is to evaluate gear and Atma. The only thing that you can do besides the elemental obis/belts gear wise is MAB equipment. Transcendancy grants +900 MAB, thus reducing the benefits from additional MAB to 1/10th of what it normally would be. There is little MAB gear available for NIN anyways, so I'm just going to ignore it for the sake of comparison (it's honestly not worth worrying about.)

For Aeolian Edge, Martial Knife is your best bet. It increases the damage by quite a bit as you'll start out at the TP 200 spot on those tables. The best Atma is Atma of the Gales, it adds 30% wind potency to your spells and weapon skills. The next best is Atma of the Smiting Blow. It gives you another 100 TP bonus that stacks with Martial Knife. There's not much else for Atma, Atma of the Ultimate is a distant 3rd place (+50 MAB +50 MACC.)

For Blade: Yu, the best Atma are Atma of the Noxious Fang (40% water potency) and Atma of the Tusked Terror (20% water potency.) This is followed distantly by Atma of the Ultimate. The best weapon is the magian katana that gives weapon skill damage +10%, but I don't even think a single person ever bothered to get this.

Damage tables for this are as follows (weapon skill damage +10% not used for this.)

Code:
    Blade: Yu	29113	29113	29113
    Aeolian Edge	21716	27518	31395
    Code:
    Blade: Yu	31012	31012	31012
    Aeolian Edge	23259	29060	32936
    There's also one last thing to be said about these weapon skills. Aeolian Edge has three different skill chain properties and is capable of creating a skill chain with itself. It can do this indefinitely (scission > detonation > scission > detonation etc.) Blade: Yu, although I haven't used it since I brew mainly on Thief, I think is capable of doing Induration > Fragmentation, although I'm not completely certain. Either way, these skillchains can contribute a lot of damage if they're unresisted.

These numbers may be off a little bit on normal mobs due to where I truncated numbers, but they will be very close (within a fraction of a percent.) You won't see numbers that big on Rani because caturae have some MDB or MDT-% trait and Rani also builds damage resistance. However, I was able to casually kill it with Aeolean Edge after waiting a while to proc (I didn't have the right atma on either because I was tanking.) So I don't think that it will be a problem. If Rani resists water (Blade: Yu is water based), then you may not be able to use that weaponskill.

As far as strategy goes, this is what I recommend. When you're done procing, keep on fighting it regularly until it weaponskills then immediately use your brew and start spamming. The reason for this is you want it to die fast without accumulating TP, or you could become charmed if you're unlucky when it gets down. Turn around while it's casting so you don't heal it. Forget about using Evisceration, it's really not worth the effort and you don't want to be giving it TP anyways. Really though it should only take 4-5 WS to kill it if you have a good set up for one of those weaponskills.
    Mojo, this post was very enlightening. Playing around with my first brews, I noticed Blade: Teki was doing 16k'ish on Shinryu while Blade: Yu was doing around 12k. On both I used Noxious Fang / Tusked Terror / Baying Moon (don't have Ultimate yet).

I'm not a math wiz, but judging by your comparison between AE and Yu it seems you understand how this is all working. Considering Blade: Teki has .5/.75/1.0 "damage varies with TP" modifier, do you have an idea of how well this would do with Noxious Fang / Tusked Terror / Smiting Blow, perhaps with Shamo (TP Bonus Katana)?
    (0)

Character
    Wojo
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 95
    Atma of the Griffon's Claw
    Atma of Gales

Jinpu

..., even on NIN.
    (0)
    5/26/11

Suppose you have 2x MAB katanas... <.<
    (0)
    Dear Customer,
    We have determined that the post you made was in violation of the User Agreement policies. The post was edited or deleted accordingly.
    Original Post:
    Signature states "JP ONRY" in Japanese.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3