Thread: New spells?

Character
    Tennotsukai
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by shaduf View Post
    I would love to death if BLU could learn a BLU magic even if it is Under Unbridled learning, to inflict Amnesia on MOBs. Imagine you can land it for a 1 minute Amnesia on a mob T_T
    That would be cool, definitely on mobs where delta thrust is useless because too many people are swinging at it. Maybe useless on Nms though
    (0)

Character
    Leara
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    So has anyone actually learnt any brand new BLU spells from these Aoudlin mobs yet? I've been running around in Ceizak Battleground reiving away & haven't gained any. It looks as though they're a few to learn but heard nothing official.
    (0)

Character
    Tennotsukai
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    sorry, not for another update or so. hopefully though by the end of this month, but i have doubts.
    (0)

Character
    Tennotsukai
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Has anyone compiled a list of new adoulin abilities and looked at what would be good for blu?
    (0)

Character
    Metaking
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    not really to my knowledge tho i can guess on some of the mobs

Butterfly's will probably be Slice and dice (light dmg, but very potent vit down choke, short duration) something upheaval is also possible, tho less useful, and blackout is to much like drape so i figure its out.

with the mantises walking around like the own the place, probably get a move (UL) from them, money would be on preying posture

Chapuli got me on this one, noone is really sure what natures meditation does(seems to be a short immunit to dmg and 100%tp tho), and there other move Sensilla Blades seems to do one of 3 different possible dmg range types at random

Craklaw i would hope Viscid Spindrift (attack down and matt down) only seen that, and snip so maby they have other moves

Velkk apparently have a physical move that hits i think 4 times and will dispel for every hit that lands would really love that one
    (1)

Player
    After setting Auto Refresh, Triple Attack, DW3, Animated Wail, Amorphic Spikes and Battery Charge, I have like 3 point left over. I don't know where you guys think you'll be setting these hypothetical new spells except for rare situations(like 95% of the rest of our spells that aren't in the traits above). Unless they create new spells that cost dirt cheap blue points to set and let us make Triple Attack, DW3 for less points(think how many blue points auto refresh at 75 was vs auto refresh at 99) I don't see new spells replacing old ones. DW3 and Triple Attack are that good. Auto refresh could be tossed I suppose in favor of us relying on idle gear and battery charge as well as being way more conservative casters(than we already are now?!). How would you guys incorporate these new spells into a BLU/WAR all-out DD build? Drop auto refresh/battery charge/sudden lunge/Fantod? Considering Amorphic Spikes is level 98, can we really expect a new spell to render it obsolete? Considering how we learn SO MANY spells between 95-99, can we really expect anything less than simply side-grades to the existing main spells.?

Personally I'd like them to finish up the big elemental AoE's. We have:
    Thunder: Charged Whisker
    Wind: Leafstorm
    Fire: Thermal Pulse
    Water: Water Bomb
    Earth: ???
    Ice: ???
    Dark: ???(annoyed Dark Orb wasn't AoE; woulda been perfect)
    Light: ???
    (1)
    Last edited by Ophannus; 04-23-2013 at 02:32 AM.

Character
    Tennotsukai
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I think your wishlisted UL spell that converts dmg to mp might help us rid auto refresh; however, I'm with you on that these newer spells should hopefully better aid us in setting these job traits that are rather mandatory. Kill mortal ray!
    (0)

Player
    Yeah it would have to be a UL spell(highly useful but eliminates the chance to use any other UL spell for 5min). It couldn't be a regular spell because it would create a scenario where a BLU could have virtually limitless MP if the Damage:MP conversion was high without a majorly long recast of like 3min+. Honestly with all of the idle gear and refresh gear we have available, I think we can actively nix either battery charge or auto refresh(probably only one of these choices) in an All-Out DD BLU/WAR build. Since in that sort of build, we only use MP for Animated Wail and occasionally Amorphic Spikes, we wouldn't need much MP recovery, this is assuming we're getting cures from another mage and stuns/shadows aren't needed. In the BLU/WAR paradigm, we're basically a sword-mage in that we're mostly just swinging and WSing and never casting so there's no worry of needing MP anyway.
    (0)

Character
    Tennotsukai
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I guess thats right. I guess there's always tizona lol...or not...
    (0)

Character
    Dinah
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I would just like to see some more canonical FF series enemy spells to be honest. I think BLU's functionality is at its peak, and gaining too much more in firepower is sure to lead us to lose firepower in other places.

Just being able to see classic spells like Mighty Guard, Beta, Trine, Laser Eye, Shadow Flare, Aqualung, Pulsar, or even *gasp* Roulette would be awesome to see make an appearance.
    (0)
    *Dinah logs in to the official forums. Dinah's faith in hume-anity declines by .9*

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast