Character
    Tennotsukai
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99

Q for fellow Blu's

Couple questions:

1. Is a Blu really worth using in Delve? What's this I keep hearing about Blu/Thf?

2. These new adoulin swords worth getting over 90-99 almace? Perhaps, after they make empy ws's available without the weapon?

3. Tourbillion/Barbed working yet?

Sorry, finals week so I don't have anytime to play the game to figure some of this out.
    (0)

Character
    Metaking
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    1. for now on field nms yes its a low maintenance but high output dmg source after sams get there delve weapons tho they will eclipse us, unless se give us some new big high dmg output single target spell, still even after that happens, blus will probably get use because of the low maintenance high survivability, in delve proper were not a bad all around dd and buffer and again low maintenance high survivability, not sure how we will do on the super bosses yet tho (nm:/thf delve plasma farm: /war)

2. this is one that has alot of blus nervous cdc is a powerhouse of a weaponskill and has great sc propertys and does extremely well on most any content req on the other hand had terrible sc propertys the thankfully quad still lets us sc darkness with it and a hefty attack penalty which on the new nms is horrific seance you gotta go heavy on the acc and have little room for attack that penalty hurts even more.... so yea most of us blus are praying almace gets scaled up if it dosnt we might soon find are self's taking rdms easy chair since there realvent and actually bad ass to have now >.>... yea apparently some blm finally succeeded in casting freeze on hell

3. nope and most of are melee spells add effects wont work on delve nms
    (0)

Character
    Tennotsukai
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    wow. i think if tourbillion was fixed then perhaps blu would be used in a lot more endgame. sad to see SE not care.

Also, I thought one handed melee damage was buffed in the last update or expansion, wasn't it?
    (0)

Character
    Zagen
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennotsukai View Post
    wow. i think if tourbillion was fixed then perhaps blu would be used in a lot more endgame. sad to see SE not care.
    Considering the NMs have reduced damage taken in most cases (usually a gimmick removes it) DEF down doesn't really make or break anything to the point to make BLU more appealing, assuming tourbillion was made more accurate. It's simply the 100% ACC high damage spell when SAed post rage.

Also, I thought one handed melee damage was buffed in the last update or expansion, wasn't it?
    You're still using a 1 handed weapon (lower base damage) and just the Attack/Defense got an update not the Accuracy which even relic 2 handers are struggling with.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Zagen View Post
    You're still using a 1 handed weapon (lower base damage) and just the Attack/Defense got an update not the Accuracy which even relic 2 handers are struggling with.
    It got an update, which only matters if you are capping fSTR. fSTR now caps at 2.25 the same as 2-handers. Great in abyssea, not so great vs anything that matters when you don't have +STR form all sorts of sources.
    (0)

Character
    Prothescar
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    wat? fSTR isn't related at all to what you just said. fSTR cap is based on weapon rank which is derived from weapon damage. attack/defense ratio, "ratio", is what was adjusted: your attack used to cap at only 2 times a monster's defense when you were wielding a one handed weapon while two handed weapons capped at 2.25 times the monster's defense, now both weapon types cap at 2.25 (and blue magic too as a result).
    (2)

OK, my bad, I always get the 2 confused. My point still stands though. It helps a ton in abyssea where it's really easy to cap att, but not so much in harder content (like delve) where capping att requires a lot more work/buffs.

As for blue magic increasing to 2.25 as well... am I right in thinking that the only thing that increases blue magic att is the skill itself? so for a mob with 500 def you'd need 1125 blue magic skill to cap it? Or am I completely confused with that too?
    (0)

Character
    Prothescar
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Blue Magic Attack = (Blue Magic Skill + 8) + (STR/2)
    (2)