Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Character
    Iocus
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Really? Because Grandoyne's Mail or Ace's Mail would have easily solved RDMs Haste problem. Bad Haste bodys are our plague.
    (0)
    I'm a RequieSCAT-MAN!

Player
    Not just body, we have bad options for feet too, head options are not all to great either. Legs we have good because of Rubeus and Calmecac, Hands are good too, belt we thankfully have too. So we have good options for about half, but the other half is fairly bad for Haste. If we had Ace's Mail, or Grandoyne's then yeah, we would have some nicer sets, but it still would be lacking in my opinion, and those are heavy DD pieces anyways, things RDM would never be considered for no matter the class of armor. In reality I think SE doesn't care about armor class anymore anyways, afterall, our last two Tabard sets were Athos and this new set, both of which exclude RDM, the job who normally is on all Tabards and has Tabards as its AF and Relic even. If we had those as well, then all would be good.
    (0)

Character
    Iocus
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Meh, they are scale mail models, no reason we shouldn't be able to wear them. The feet are a problem, but honestly we shouldn't have access to optimal TP sets, because we aren't classified as a DD. We should have to compromise at least some because of the flexibility we have. If we had a good Haste scale mail body we would be at an acceptable level for a job that isn't actually a DD.

It's just silly to be asking to be on light DD sets when it's clear that SE doesn't have any interest in us being there. In between pieces aren't unreasonable because we actually get those and since Scale Mail is in between Heavy DD and Light DD and we are historically on it, it's not really unreasonable to ask for things that could be furnished.

My biggest complaint is that almost all of the new mage gear is worthless for a well geared RDM. Either our AF, Relic, or Empy trounces it because they were designed to compensate for RDMs inferior stats, skills, and JAs OR it's just not better than things like Morrigan's +1 or older abjuration gear with good augments.

The one thing that made me extremely happy was Bihkah Sword +1. Is so nice for an offhand for an Excalibur. More HP for additional affect procs? CHECK. Good DMG and Atk/Acc+? CHECK. HASTE AND PDT? THANK YOU. Is so nice.
    (1)
    I'm a RequieSCAT-MAN!

Player
    The weapons are kinda bleh though, the AH STR dagger is still better.
    (1)

Player
    so is offhanding an Ephemeron or Mandau
    (0)

Player
    Well yeah, but those are much less realistic options for an offhanded weapon. My point was that the new weapons are out classed by an easily obtainable weapon you can pick up at your local Auction House, let alone the more extensive options. Really this update was very lackluster for RDM in my opinion, all mobs are T+ which makes them hard to melee, especially the more evasive ones, the events are the same way, hard to melee, and our magic is still out classed by a SCH so without melee RDM serves little purpose. The gear RDM was put on is not optimal for anything except perhaps the head could be used for White Magic Enfeeblings, but thats barley better than HyaHat and eats up another slot of inventory, the only other possible piece is the legs, if they have more than 5% Fast Cast. On top of everything else, RUN has effectively stolen any real power RDM melee actually had, and instead has all of the gear we need as well, leaving us in a spot no better than we were before the update.
    (0)

i think it's been said before, but my opinion is that giving RDM a form of dual wield by offering a dagger in the offhand while main-handing a sword (and even possibly vice-versa) and calling it

Main Gauche

giving it tiers and having it be native, i think, would be a true, unique boon to RDM. give up your dream of two swords (beg for more daggers), rally behind this, and i think you might get it...!

off topic, tho, i can't believe Main Gauche (a dagger seen throughout FF) was used as DNC's mythic base rather than saved for something frenchie for the RDM
    (1)

Player
    I would be fine with that, especially since RDM's best offhand weapons are daggers, but with that trait we could not have unique daggers that are allowed for it only, it would have to be all daggers, so that Mandau, Aluh, and Oneiros could be used still, otherwise it would still suck probably.
    (0)

Character
    Iocus
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I'm curious what can be augmented using the new system they have in the expansion. http://www.ffxiah.com/item/20742/iztaasu in particular interests me, but obviously if you can Augment previously existing gear, then this could blow up really fast.
    (0)
    I'm a RequieSCAT-MAN!

Player
    In all honesty it depends on what they do exactly, some augments seem worthless, and we need some very potent ones for any of this gear to be of use, to me at least. That sword for instance would need quite the boost, some STR, some Attack, maybe some MND, I doubt it will have something awesome like Ephemeron's TP drain, and there is only so much base stats on a weapon can do to help out RDM right now. As for TPing or WSing, none of the pieces are really good for it even with some good augments, and for actual magic gear, we have that easily beaten, the most promising gear was the legs, and thats only 5% Fast Cast, which is the same as augmented Blood legs or Fea's, which is not good.
    (0)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast