Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 84
  1. #41
    Player Yinnyth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    839
    Character
    Yinnyth
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Very well spoken, Xerius. So, back to the topic at hand then?

    What the heck is this "mog gardens" stuff? I don't remember hearing anything about that from Vanafest...
    (1)

  2. #42
    Player
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Ru'Lude Gardens!
    Posts
    4,310
    Quote Originally Posted by Yinnyth View Post
    And I know for a fact that angry criticisms and claiming you're quitting the game is as effective as talking LOUDER AND SLOWER to someone who doesn't speak English. You're not making things any better. In fact, your making them worse by inciting other people to join in. "Why yes! I too am also upset at these facts! /like" It's bad publicity for the game, so new players and prospective players get the feeling that there's nothing worth playing for. It reaffirms other peoples beliefs that the game is no longer worth playing. It's speeding the demise of the game to act like this.

    If you really like the game, and you really want to slow its death knell, find some good things to say about it. Like some posts that highlight its good aspects. Like the posts the reps put up, even if it's disappointing news. Attempt to be courteous, even to people who do not deserve it, or these forums become a caustic environment.
    I cant honestly think about anything good the game has going for it currently myself, except the few people I like to play it with. Most events get boring in 3~5 runs, drop rates are terrible on most things worth getting, updates are put back constantly, even small convenience ones like Storage, updates are pushed back for years even when they could prove to be crucial to a jobs ability to perform. What good can I list off? There are a ton of events that are fun the first time around, there is a lot to do, you can play all of the jobs and play them decently but not well because of inventory problems, there are a lot of good people you can play with. Does the good outweigh the bad? In my opinion, yes, I can find very few things that are good enough to make the list that are not mixed with sarcasm and bad things, like how the drop rates on things are terrible so the game is sure to last you a while getting what you want.

    In all honesty, saying something good is about as terrible as saying something bad. You say bad things you cut their money, making it harder to do things we want anyways. You say good things, they think your happy with what they are doing, and keep doing it, even if it is a false smile. Its kinda like if you want your kid to have a bright future doing what they want, while you are listening to them play an instrument, when all they want to do is play music, and they are horrible at it. Either you can tell them they suck at it and its making your ears bleed, in which case you crush their dreams, and they might give up on it, or you lie to them, they play it horribly, and think they are doing a good job, so they keep doing it even though they fail at it.

    Basically, if we smile and accept it, we may give them more money, but they are doing to misuse it thinking they are doing what we want them to. If we yell at them for it, they have less money, and cant do what we want them to even if they wanted to in the first place. Its a no win situation, the best way it could go is for us to complain, them pay attention and do what we want, and then no one is leaving, rather we start saying were happy they listen, and that they add things we ask for. People think we have a highly pessimistic community here, cause we do, people think we are being screwed and ignored, cause it seem that we are a lot of the time, maybe if SE took more of our ideas, gave us more responses, didn't delete our feedback, and had more of an open channel with us, we wouldn't think that. Maybe then we would actually praise them for their service, but that isn't how things are around here, they keep using the money we give them to do the wrong things, and its getting worse. They should be using their decreasing paychecks to find out what is wrong, why its shrinking, and how to fix it, its not rocket science, they could do it fairly easy I believe, but instead, they use their smaller paycheck to keep pushing out the same stuff as normal, we keep complaining and leaving, and they simply ignore it, just like almost everything else we do.
    (7)

  3. #43
    Player
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Ru'Lude Gardens!
    Posts
    4,310
    Quote Originally Posted by Yinnyth View Post
    Very well spoken, Xerius. So, back to the topic at hand then?

    What the heck is this "mog gardens" stuff? I don't remember hearing anything about that from Vanafest...
    I am 90% sure they mean the personal island.
    (1)

  4. #44
    Player Yinnyth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    839
    Character
    Yinnyth
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon6324236 View Post
    I cant honestly think about anything good the game has going for it currently myself, except the few people I like to play it with.
    Do they share your opinion regarding the state of the game? Do they have interests outside of FFXI which coincide with yours? Perhaps that's how you should keep in touch with your friends instead of the thing which you can honestly think of nothing it has good going for it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Demon6324236 View Post
    You say good things, they think your happy with what they are doing, and keep doing it, even if it is a false smile.
    How many of our complaints have reached SE? The only real victory I can remember was the whole clickandbuy mess where hundreds (thousands perhaps?) of players simply refused to conform and SE obliged us after a few months of complaints and added a method for direct pay. What else has all the bellyaching accomplished?

    Quote Originally Posted by Demon6324236 View Post
    maybe if SE took more of our ideas, gave us more responses, didn't delete our feedback
    What is the paranoia with them deleting posts? Do you have an exact copy of the post which was deleted? Because there's still hundreds of slanderous posts they choose not to delete, yet when they delete one, suddenly they're trying to silence us? What most likely happened is it had a naughty word in it and some random player reported the post. A GM most likely responded to the report and deleted it because it did indeed contain salty language.
    (2)

  5. #45
    Player Kincard's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    648
    Character
    Kincard
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    What most likely happened is it had a naughty word in it and some random player reported the post. A GM most likely responded to the report and deleted it because it did indeed contain salty language.
    I actually browsed over the first post before it got deleted, and I don't remember it being really any worse than most critical posts. Actually I don't recall any profanity in it at all, the worst word I remember from the post was the word "fleecing", which is why I'm still pretty confused as to why that particular post got deleted when there's plenty of worse posts all over the forum.
    (3)

  6. #46
    Player Yinnyth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    839
    Character
    Yinnyth
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    I do my best to refrain from profanity when among strangers, but when among people I know and trust, or when alone, there are things I say that would make a sailor blush. As such, I hardly bat an eye when I see even the most extreme of profanities, and I would be quite capable of reading an entire post rife with explitives, yet not recall it as such if someone asked me. Are you certain you are not the same way? (just the part about forgetting it had swear words in it because you honestly don't care about the s-word.)

    That being said, tons of posts get away with words they should not get away with. Even if the scenario I describe in my previous post is true, either the person reporting it took exception to it for reasons beyond the profanity/defamation itself, or the forums mods made that call on their own for reasons we'll probably never learn.
    (0)

  7. #47
    Player ManaKing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    897
    Character
    Iocus
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    So with all the changes that they are going to be doing with our systems, I really think it is fair to ask for Innin and Yonnin to be unlocked when doing /NIN.

    Both are useful enmity tools and Shadows may become a lot more attractive of a feature for the general populace when we start taking increasing damage under the effects of defense down and buffs such as LR/Berserk. It also allows us to switch between accuracy and evasion while adding benefits to both.

    It's seems to be very hard for a great deal of people to conceptualize what they will have to do to adapt to the changes to Defense and IMHO you would benefit from giving people a couple of small luxuries to rely on while they are adapting to what looks to be a more fair and balanced system. It's not like you can't easily design mobs that counter /NIN, we all know the many weaknesses of shadows. You can continue to design single Target TP moves that go directly through shadows.

    If anything it might stop some of complaining that has devolved into whining.
    (0)
    I'm a RequieSCAT-MAN!

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by ManaKing View Post
    So with all the changes that they are going to be doing with our systems, I really think it is fair to ask for Innin and Yonnin to be unlocked when doing /NIN.
    I understand your point. However, locking those to nin main is one of the few of these type moves I actually agree with by SE. I'm a big fan of job relevance, and having extremely useful abilities tied solely to a job main is about the only way I see to do this these days. I can't imagine FT nins would be all that pleased to see these abilities available to anyone that /nin. and even with them toning down AoE TP moves in the future they still can strip all shadows instantly (that's actually how I solo mages and nins on my brd, Horde makes them laughable). That's why a few people that want to see x job become viable as a main are starting to advocate that new abilities be restricted to level 50 and above, to keep the other players from marginalizing them even more by being able to /x and do the same thing.
    (0)

  9. #49
    Player Stan64's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Windurst
    Posts
    52
    Character
    Goshiwoo
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I'm sad to say this. But the worst part of FFXI is that it's hard to enjoy something because of other players never ending complaints. I won't talk about it here because it's a never ending discussion and I'm not looking for that. I understand why people feel a certain way. Just quit the game already.

    I'm for one is really really excited about the expansion. I bought the game at day 1 of US release. And never really got into it until the later years. I mostly play for lore and to tackle hard content. And that's also where FFXI have it's strong points. Legion have been fun to play and I managed to get through all the missions. I even got all the achievements on the Xbox 360 version which only a handful of people have done. Now I'm going for 100% completion of Abyssea (damn you Fiat Lux fight...). ^^

    I'm trying to say, play the game as it is now. There are a lot to do and focus on. Sure, things are not top notch in all categories, but you have to work with it. Look forward to updates, even vouch your opinions in the forums about new stuff. They love that. Don't be an elitist jerk, no one really likes those. Show some sportsmanship.

    I'm on nails for this expansion. I've already been setting up guild events where we help each other do Reives to get a head start in gear from Colonization so we can move on to Skirmish as quickly as possible. This will be grand.

    Keep up the good work Dev Team and Community Team!
    (3)

  10. #50
    Player
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Ru'Lude Gardens!
    Posts
    4,310
    Quote Originally Posted by Stan64 View Post
    I'm sad to say this. But the worst part of FFXI is that it's hard to enjoy something because of other players never ending complaints.
    I am happy you can enjoy the game, I however am unable to enjoy the game because my favorite job is rejected from almost all events even though it is setup in some of the best gear in the game for it, and I play it very well.
    (3)

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast