Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9
    Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarick View Post
    I could add to this but I had a post deleted in general when I reported unfavorable news that's all over the interwebs now and nearly everyone invested in Final Fantasy knows about it.

Lets look at it from a school grade standpoint. If You're a student and have 5 grade assignments graded as A 90%, A 92%, A+ 100%, F 15% and F 0% the overall grade is what matters in the end. If those grades are considered other projects and you combine them to create the final grade those two F's bring down the overall grade significantly.

90 + 92 + 100 + 15 + 0 = 297
    Now divide that number by 5 (the number of assignments) and you get 59.4% a failing grade! In this example grades don't go negative but in the real world one project can go over budget or flop effecting other profitable projects and their resources.

What I'm trying to say is a chain is only as strong as it's weakest link. Even though this chain link might be holding more then it's weight elsewhere in the chain another link might have broken costing a fortune to fix or maintain. A big company that has multiple studios all use the same bank. If one project makes a profit another one can bleed those profits just as fast.

I think you know exactly whats really going on just Google this companies name with the seekers launch date March 26th. A little hint the news that will pop isn't about the Seekers launch. There is so much news about it only a blind mouse who can't read could miss it. Do some research before you assume financial investments.

BTW, I still clicked like on your post because you have a passion. I also don't think your entirely wrong. You're just not looking at the whole picture in a broad perspective.

I was basically rejecting the suggestion that our monthly fees shouldn't be used for improvements to the game and that they are strictly for support. SE has implied that if we continue to pay these fees that we can expect improvements to the game and they are not owning up to that. I'm painfully aware of what they are actually doing. What they apparently don't realize is that FFXI does not exist in a bubble and that when they piss off the players of this game, it affects all their other projects as well. I for one don't buy anything they make anymore. If they turned this failboat around and started upping their customer service game, I might go pick up that new hitman game, or let my girlfriend play FFXIV. But, in the last year or so they have unceremoniously canceled one of my accounts (an 8 year old account from launch) just because I am not Japanese and more or less done everything the can to do the opposite of what the players in this forum want with the game.

I don't buy all this crap people say about "You either pay or you don't pay". Love it or leave it is a business model that loses money. Successful companies do what their customers want.
    (3)

Character
    Amaday
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    Okay um, I'm going to have to admit to a mildly "uneasy" state in regards to a new line of (Almost certainly) easier to obtain weapons with crazy stats that have the potential to dump all over R/M/E.

I see what they're trying to do, Make it to where R/M/E aren't required... but at the same time, if they're going to dump on relics, this guy is cleverly trying to run this game into the ground, because a lot of people own a R/M/E now, and if the work they put into it is suddenly outclassed by a weapon some Aurore-F**k just got from NEWCAMPAIGN, I can't see it going over well for a lot of players.

I mean if you never got a R/M/E, congrts to your lazy a** >:I.

Anyway, I ain't super upset, I'm cautious especially considering this is the "out of box" gear and its going to go uphill from here... but... I mean, I'm still going to go into it hopeful.

Okay i lied, I'm getting a sinking upset feeling at the prospect of them making my level 99 Mandau, which was a F**king pain in the dick to complete and costs me an estimated 170~mil gil or more... A sidegrade/Slightmildupgrade to weapon a Derpbro could get in an hour.
    This has me exceedingly concerned. I didn't get my copy of SOA, even though it was on pre-order thru the digital rivers SE online store. I canceled my order when it didn't ship on time, now I'm glad. i won't be buying this expansion until the armor and wepon BS comes to a satisfactory conclusion. If im not satifised, I can wait to buy the game for $10 on steam in order to play thru the new areas and quests. Honestly, I'm not feeling the direction FF is headed with the shit on R/M/E and the 3 armor types. Its just so....cheap.

I wanted the expansion for the new areas, mobs, and new game play. Gear is important, but not as much as they think.
    (0)
    Last edited by Concerned4FFxi; 03-29-2013 at 12:11 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kincard
    The reason I keep coming back to XI as opposed to other MMOs is because of the content's lastability. While it is true that many pieces are outdated with each patch, to this day there are many old pieces of gear that are still near top-tier if not the top-tier. It encourages you to explore the whole breadth of content rather than asking you to bumrush and bypass all the old content just so you can grind the newer content. This is a model used by other MMOs such as WoW, and while I don't have anything against people that enjoy this model, if I wanted to play an MMO with that model there are many, many games vast superior to XI in terms of mechanics and especially customer service that offer such a model.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Concerned4FFxi View Post
    I wanted the expansion for the new areas, mobs, and new game play. Gear is important, but not as much as they think.
    Tell this to the people who complained when Salvage II was released and the gear was not severely better than other gear out at the time.
    (0)

Character
    Zohnax
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Akihiko_Matsui View Post
    We are not planning to enhance relic, mythic, or empyrean weapons via Trial of the Magians or through other methods.

However, in regards to these weapons that you have enhanced up to level 99, we are formulating plans so that they do not go to waste. (Including the weapons that do not yet have their afterglows.)
    Not to sound like a jerk, but after just punching in the numbers from the "updated" H2H .dat today and seeing how much more Spharai, Glanzfaust, AND Verethragna are all out-classed by this DMG: 79, Delay: 96, sTP: 5, DEX:+8 H2H, I personally will not play this game anymore unless there is a sense of balance between Relics/Mythics/Empyreans and these new weapons, (assuming they even are the fourth legendary tier of weapons). Roughly 270million gil down the drain for Spharai95 and Verethragna99 will be just too much of a kick in the face for me to stand. How about just straight up boosting their stats instead of making us do some convoluted item collection or Weapon Skill kills like you did with this past emergency maintenance for Tlalpoloani? It was questionable when Tlalpoloani's Base DMG was only 59, but now it is just ridiculous and needs to be addressed properly.
    (4)

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9