Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Player
    What you are doing by deleting posts like Phogg's is nothing but showing weakness, I am disgusted by your actions.
    (15)

Character
    Zerius
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Let's not forget that WotG wasn't complete at launch either so this is nothing new. That being said, that doesn't mean we should be accepting it at face value either. It's not hard to see how this is a business model rather than them wanting to release the expansion at it's most unembelished. Instead it's to keep us paying monthly to see how the new story ends. I'm excited for the new expansion but I think there were issues that needed to be addressed before anything extra was added in. Now we get to look forward to the entire next year being dedicated to fixing any bugs and broken game mechanics that accompany the new expansion. Henceforth, all the actual fixes we've been promised will probably be pushed back into late fall/winter.
    (1)

Character
    Beeraga
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon6324236 View Post
    What you are doing by deleting posts like Phogg's is nothing but showing weakness, I am disgusted by your actions.
    Don't worry he won't bother them anymore because he's banned. However, unsurprisingly, SE's forums have a bug that allows him to still "like" your post.

And he did.
    (6)

Character
    Kincard
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Seems odd they would fixate on one specific post like that, was there something specific in there that others haven't mentioned?
    (1)

Character
    Yinnyth
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon6324236 View Post
    Basically. People want SE to change, they come to these forums and either look or post themselves in an attempt to get SE to change some things, they have some hope, but over time that hope is lost, and after a while longer they give up. When people choose to leave they are given likes because people agree with their reasons, some even with they could quit for the same reasons, I am one of those people even, but I have to many friends I care about on this game, I stay to talk to them and so we can do things together. I agree with people who have problems with SE's service and the game, I have many of the same problems and have said something about them at some point, but I myself will not leave for those reasons alone, so for now I simply agree with others who share the views on it I do, and voice my problems continuously.

Basically, people like these posts I think because they agree with the reasons for leaving, not necessarily that they are applauding the person who is breaking their chains from the addictive game and finally escaping the prison. Also, its done because people are actually leaving to show their anger and disappointment, which not everyone is willing to do, even if I myself am not willing to leave the game because of the problems I have, others are, and they impact SE more than I do. Its kinda like how people will agree with a martyr even if they themselves are not willing to put their life on the line for the same cause, in this case, we agree with these martyrs, but we are not willing to leave this game to make that stand.
    martyrs.......... That word....

They're ceasing to play a game they don't enjoy, not sacrificing everything they have for a cause they believe deeply in. If this were a board game, these are the types of people who tableflip when things don't go the way they want. Or at the very least, storm out of the room muttering angrily.
    (1)

Player
    The first I do not recall the exact specifics of, but I recall nothing against the ToS. The second post explained the first had nothing against the ToS, both were deleted.
    (4)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Yinnyth View Post
    martyrs.......... That word....

They're ceasing to play a game they don't enjoy, not sacrificing everything they have for a cause they believe deeply in. If this were a board game, these are the types of people who tableflip when things don't go the way they want. Or at the very least, storm out of the room muttering angrily.
    Sacrificing their characters, the time they have spent on the game, all of the work they have put in over the years. Are they giving their lives? No, they are giving up their game and characters, the investment of time they made over the years, thats what they are doing, giving up that investment and the game in response and to hopefully make their word stand out a bit more, so maybe it will bring more attention to the problem. You can not make SE listen, its impossible, but hit them in the wallet and maybe you will get their attention a bit more. Besides, its a metaphor, not an exact comparison, they are giving up something in hopes that they will make their position in the argument stronger and bring more attention to the problem.
    (7)

Character
    Yinnyth
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Your game character does not belong to you, it belongs to SE. The terms of service go out of their way to make this abuntantly clear. You're giving up nothing by leaving.

There's this restaurant I like to eat my lunches at. Thom's Bistro. I eat there almost every day. Reasonable prices, food tastes good, and they come out with some new menu items every couple months. Always fun to try out something new, though I must admit some of them were not to my liking. That's fine though, plenty other stuff on the menu that I still like. Over the years, it's just sort of become part of who I am, and that's ok with me. I really like it there.

But there's this one guy who seems to disagree with me. He's there almost every day I'm eating my lunch. He orders something, eats it, pays for it, then goes up to the counter to tell the staff that their food tastes horrible, costs too much, and the wait staff never listens to what he wants. After making his dramatic scene, he leaves. And then he's back the very next day. Every now and then, he tells them that if they don't get it right next time, he's never coming back.

One day, he finally did it. He finally walked out that door and never came back. Half the people in the bistro stood up and applauded him as he stormed out the door that final time. Apparantly they all share his view that the food tastes horrible and the prices are too high, but for some reason they believe that if they harass the staff long enough, the bistro will change and become something they like. They feel like the fact that they eat lunch there every day entitles them to make changes to the restaurant.

I really do wish they'd all just leave and never come back. Would be nice if I could have a conversation with my waiter without some unhappy patron interrupting to let everyone in earshot know that their soup is too cold.
    (2)

Character
    Kincard
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    The difference is that nobody is interrupting your game by complaining about it on a forum which was created specifically to receive feedback from the players.
    (9)

Character
    Mordru
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Yinnyth View Post
    I really do wish they'd all just leave and never come back. Would be nice if I could have a conversation with my waiter without some unhappy patron interrupting to let everyone in earshot know that their soup is too cold.
    I see where you're coming from. However, rather than a restaurant, I liken FFXI more to people who continue to live in a ghetto neighborhood, despite the drug deals, prostitutes, criminals, abandoned buildings, and politicians with empty promises. For some it's a seemingly inescapable cycle of poverty. Others stay for the friends, family and history that still give that neighborhood a sense of home.

We could all just move to a different neighborhood, but that's a lot more difficult than switching restaurants. Having been unsuccessful at convincing my own RL friends and family to try another MMO, instead I enjoy their company here while still hoping for the atmosphere to improve, and cheering on those that break away.
    (5)
    Last edited by Merton9999; 03-23-2013 at 09:21 PM.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast