Character
    Zerichtwo
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99

Square-Enix Account Rollback Blues

My main character's account was compromised and my characters were deleted on January 8th, of this year. Within 24 hours of the incident I had emailed my accounts rollback form with a photocopy of my license. Another friend of mine was hacked within a day of me and received the same treatment from the malicious user. That friend had sent their form a week after their attack. Another friend was hacked almost two weeks after we were attacked, and was also deleted from the servers. They sent it within minutes of their attack.

It is now 2 and a half months later. The other users have had their accounts and characters completely restored (for over 3 weeks, mind you) and I'm still waiting for Square-Enix to partake in their investigation for my account. This is crappy service that has been on-par with the quality of product this company has been pushing out since it merged with Enix. I would never wish this negligent experience to anyone.
    (1)

Character
    Horadrim
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasticleg View Post
    My main character's account was compromised and my characters were deleted on January 8th, of this year. Within 24 hours of the incident I had emailed my accounts rollback form with a photocopy of my license. Another friend of mine was hacked within a day of me and received the same treatment from the malicious user. That friend had sent their form a week after their attack. Another friend was hacked almost two weeks after we were attacked, and was also deleted from the servers. They sent it within minutes of their attack.

It is now 2 and a half months later. The other users have had their accounts and characters completely restored (for over 3 weeks, mind you) and I'm still waiting for Square-Enix to partake in their investigation for my account. This is crappy service that has been on-par with the quality of product this company has been pushing out since it merged with Enix. I would never wish this negligent experience to anyone.
    3 closely related people get hacked and have their characters deleted. Wouldn't you think that's indicative of some kind of serious problem?

If the problem is serious -- wouldn't you think you wouldn't be the people effected by it? I can understand your frustration, but you have to realize you're not the center of the universe --- I can't imagine this being an isolated thing and SE probably got caught up with a swell of problems as a result.

I wouldn't call it negligence unless you can literally see people twiddling their thumbs instead of helping you -- you have no idea what kind of load they have between something as serious as a string of account hackings and restores that need to be had paired with trying to prep for a major expansion launch within the next week and a half.
    (0)
    Somewhere in space... this could be happening right now.

Character
    Zerichtwo
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    People who's cases were started 1 week (to a month) after mine, have been restored for 3 weeks prior this date. The only response I have gotten from representatives (since mid January) is that my case is in Japan and is "under investigation." If you read my post, instead of skimming, you'd have understood it in context. You should try practicing the art of not posting.

Did Casey Anthony hack my account or something?
    (1)

Character
    Aubinann
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 74
    It's deplorable that you're paying for a service and not able to play - they need to get it together.
    (1)

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    When Kaji got hacked, it took them over 3 months to restore him.
    (0)