Page 76 of 77 FirstFirst ... 26 66 74 75 76 77 LastLast
    Character
    Volkai
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Oh man this thread has been so fun to read.

There are new strategies to rock the Dynamis. Give a few weeks for people to learn them -- maybe try to figure some out yourself -- before you go with the old, tired "they changed it now it sucks" routine.
    (1)
    "Don't take life too seriously, you can't get out of it alive."

Adoulin is installed but still not lighting up on your title screen? Here's what to do:
    Go to https://secure.square-enix.com/account/app/svc/login?cont=account and log in, then Select Service >>> PlayOnline / FINAL FANTASY XI >>> Add a service account (blue button) >>> input expansion software registration code.

How many of the posters here have tried new-Xarc yet?

Three well-geared (2 with perfect gear, 1 with good gear) Empyrean DDs (Mnk, Sam, Almace Blu) fighting the DRK/THF NM got absolutely floored the other night. Never mind that it had ridiculous evasion, to the point where +75 Acc in gear and Focus/Gressor were needed to hit it reliably (the BLU never got 100TP the whole fight), but its Defense was through the roof. It spammed Blood Weapon and Perfect Dodge, and after we proc'd Grellow with Provoke it went absolutely berserk and tore through everyone hitting 700+ per melee swing.

Kindred mobs went up to VT level, some of which having over 800 defense and 600 evasion. 800 defense. This is almost twice as much as the average level 90 monster.

It's not about strategy, it's about the new mobs being so ridiculously overpowered that new Dyna plain sucks to lowman. I'm sure my group could handle it the second time, knowing what we know now (we walked in expecting a cake walk, totally unprepared for level 100+ NMs). But good luck to the scrub groups who couldn't handle basic Abyssea and yet wanted harder content. You got it.
    (3)

New, hard content would be fun if only dynamis actually offered something worthwhile as a reward.
    (3)

Character
    Ilax
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Just did xarc tonight, and two word: IT SUX.

We got able to get 2 DL pop no matter what, but ya as Greatguardian said, monster are not weak as it use to be anymore, that ok i guess lv99 is otw... But those Satellite weapon all around the zone is plain stupid...

Oh side note... NM MNK got trigger by chi blast, NM WAR got trigger by Trick attack, and i just don't get it... NM are more weak then actual normal mob.

we also found 4/6 TE location, so ya i can see the new strategy from this point, entire run was a total of 6 currency... for AF we got RDM hat, tons of PUP and other job that no one care.

Conclusion is: I HATE THIS UPDATE.

I was not in favor of it, and i definitively see myself quit dynamis.
    (0)

Character
    Pigmoa
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by noodles355 View Post
    Before this you would have a group of 8-10 people farming twice a week, getting maybe 200 per run.
    After this update the same small group is going to be getting 5-10 a day.

Before you'd get 400 coins a week, Now you're looking at 35-70 coins a week.

uh wut
    They were obviously expecting people to lower prices for their fellow adventurer! I mean, everyone already feels sorry for relics holders. SE prolly figured we'd be nice and offer coins cheaply now.

BWA AHAHAH! THINK AGAIN!

BWA HA HA

p.s ANYONE WANNA BUY SOME JADES 1.9m T SHELLS 19K?
    bynes 12k 1.2m, silvers 2M opiece 20k^^

buy?
    (0)

6. 05-12-2011 06:24 PM

Character
    Bjorne
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 5
    Wow. BAWWWing because mobs are too hard.

/klingon on

Abyssea has made you soft and weak.

/klingon off
    (4)

i did it last night. it was surprisingly fun to do ^^ well done se
    (1)

Character
    Wenceslao
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Yinnyth View Post
    Honestly, until the secrets of getting coins in Dynamis are discovered, you can get more currency per hour out of campaign, especially if you know which NMs to target for a chance at hundos. But who knows? Maybe a few days from now we'll crack the code and relics will actually get made.

Part of me is chuckling, glad I already have my relic done. The other part aches knowing I still have to help other people go through this brand new hell of making theirs.
    We have to proc the mob ><, they have a proc sistem like in abyss, the difference is that you can proc no matter if it is doing a tp move or casting, further investigation will be required as this is something new, there is a post where you can put the procs you have seen:

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...-dynamis-procs

Tonight i will be investigating how to get the procs and what they does...
    (0)

Character
    Ilax
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Alright, i did second dynamis Xar ton, and guess what, it was actually fun, we finally find all TE (60 min total) and fight 1 DL. DL is actually more easy then it used to be.

I guess it was just frustrating to learn all the new dynamis system.

Edit: [Just to be nice]

I-6 (Is an EYE) Give 20 min ext.
    I-10 Stone give 10 min ext.
    G-10 Stone give 10 min ext.
    F-8 (At bottom) Stone give 10 min ext.
    H-8 Stone give 10 min Ext.

You can camp with ease @ F8 top, and keep pulling mob, there a SMN NM (Lottery spawn) and keep built DL pop, every session we able to get 2x DL pop set.

Happy hunting everyone.
    (3)
    Last edited by Ilax; 05-16-2011 at 10:34 AM.

Character
    Habiki
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Are there any plans to make further adjustmens to the new dynamis like making new enemys that are Blu, Dnc, Sch, Cor, or Pup jobs.

Also the new dynamis is really fun though most of my linkshell hates it because they can't do tons of damage when it comes to proccing on Plds, Sam, Drk, Drg, or War jobs with weaponskills, and are forced to use pre lvl 30 weaponskills to ensure a proc.

Since most of us have either a relic or empyrian weapon the mobs usually don't last more then 1-2 weaponskills from a single player, are there any plans to adjust the proc rate on these enemys specifically.

I love the fact after procing I don't have to worry about having someone pulling hate and turning the mob, helps me make better use of overwhelm and our thfs love it as well for an easy sneak attack weaponskill.

Overall I love the adjustments it makes it alot more fun and interesting, still have alot to learn as far as the best way to farm currency with the new system.

Great work^^
    (0)

Page 76 of 77 FirstFirst ... 26 66 74 75 76 77 LastLast