Page 7 of 77 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast
    Character
    Cossack
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 90
    I completely disagree with Yopop. I think the dynamis refinement are a great idea, its too bad its taken so long for SE to implement it.
    (0)

My biggest issue with this announcement is that it will interfere with LS that do dynamis for the sake of upgrading relics specifically
    I agree with this now SqEnix decides to make everyone happy and just let the random person in with no care for preset rules of LS's that have done this for years, you get random people in there (especially at first due to the currency prices) who are going to lot EVERYTHING they want and it throws off the balance of people who have been working their buts off for the last year or two upgrading and now you have to share with someone who is in it just for the gil.. Not to mention most LS who do this have set rules of lotting relics what do you thinks going to happen when you get just anyone in on a run in xarcabard? everyone and their brother are lotting on THF hands or RDM and BLM head.. what about the participation effect? Is it going to be like it is now you enter you can lot anything in the pool or is it going to be set to drop to an alliance? Dynamis is going to get stupid if you have a single person sitting at the entrance just lotting everything and not participating... I mean if SqEnix is going to set time limits like abyssea and drop everything killed by an alliance to an alliance then I can see this working but if the rules stay the same this is going to become a terrible idea.. Is it going to be unlimited amount of time and you can log in and out of it whenever you want, once your out you have 24 hours to re-enter? I think there is more going on then we are aware of since all the details haven't been released yet but I am kinda concerned about this at the same time if the drops change to a alliance system like everywhere else then it wont be so bad to go in and kill mobs in an alliance on a daily basis it will greatly improve the speed of upgrading a relic.. on the other hand if its going to be unorganized chaos then like i said its going to be worthless to do
    (0)
    (A)-GERM

Character
    Yinnyth
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    I'm fairly certain the lotting on items will be changed, it is pointless to complain about loot distribution. They could go abyssea mode with it where your claim = your loot, or they could go campaign/WoE mode where your "effort" = your loot. The big problem will be that there will be competition inside the run for the stuff you want. Competition that you can't accurately gauge until you enter and take a look. If you enter to take a look, you're stuck. You can't decide "Oh, crowd looks rough in Windy today, let's head for Xarc, guys."
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Starcade View Post
    Do you realize how much many of the elite players spit at your concepts?

Most of the players who consider themselves elite want to dictate what value this game has (to them AND to you) by devaluing aspects of the game (as you define it).

We need to fight this, tooth and nail...
    I know they spit at my concepts, they spit at anything that does not let them monopolize people in their ls full of "numbers"(they have many people in their ls but their ratio of who gets rewards and items is well quite unbalance, this may be due to many things.) Many "elite players" try to dictate what has value and what does not, but personally I think everything has a different value to different people. This for example a piece of gear might be highly valuable to one player but another play might say something like oh well its just Freya's feet. Just because something isn't highly valuable to one, doesn't mean someone else might have been trying to get it for a long time it might be highly valuable to them and yes I fully agree we need to fight this tooth and nail. I think something unique to FFXI is the feeling upon completion of a goal in game, I have played many many other MMO and this game is unique in the fact that I feel rly great upon completing my goals where as in other games it feels as such some menial task @.@;;
    (0)

Character
    Cero
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Given that they said NMs will be popped by trigger items, I think it's pretty safe to assume that loot is going to be exclusive to parties/alliances.

I'm not going to shed a single tear for old Dynamis, it's always been flawed. Relic weaopns were too difficult to obtain and 90% of those who obtained them did it by either exploiting others or piggybacking on the hard work of their friends (something I'd never ask my friends to do, honestly.) AF2 was mostly useless, although with the recent announcements, it's pretty clear that you'll probably be able to augment them somehow to bring them up to par.

Dynamis can currently be done with very few people anyways. I six manned Xarc the other week. I welcome the new adjustments. It will be nice to casually do dynamis with pick up groups. There's no reason your linkshell cannot still continue to function. With the amount of people you have who still go there's no reason why you couldn't do events. I'm sure your core players will still enjoy going together. Maybe I'll come along too?
    (0)

Character
    Ilax
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
    Given that they said NMs will be popped by trigger items, I think it's pretty safe to assume that loot is going to be exclusive to parties/alliances.

I'm not going to shed a single tear for old Dynamis, it's always been flawed. Relic weaopns were too difficult to obtain and 90% of those who obtained them did it by either exploiting others or piggybacking on the hard work of their friends (something I'd never ask my friends to do, honestly.) AF2 was mostly useless, although with the recent announcements, it's pretty clear that you'll probably be able to augment them somehow to bring them up to par.

Dynamis can currently be done with very few people anyways. I six manned Xarc the other week. I welcome the new adjustments. It will be nice to casually do dynamis with pick up groups. There's no reason your linkshell cannot still continue to function. With the amount of people you have who still go there's no reason why you couldn't do events. I'm sure your core players will still enjoy going together. Maybe I'll come along too?
    SE already gave E.Wep as alternative, why trying to kill Dynamis relic weapon now? There a limit to transform everything in the game, as i said many time, dynamis was just something that not many loved or able to manage, never been something not accessible. What SE is about to do is just mess up the last even in the game that require devotion from multi player.
    (0)

Character
    Diamoness
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Please allow us to use maps within Dynamis also. There is no reason not to be able to use the map if you have the area's map. Granted most people know their way that have been playing for a while, but being able to access your map is useful in situations.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    If you no longer require reservations for dynamis does this mean anyone can just jump in see if some af/currency is in the pot and lot it????
    No. They're totally revamping dynamis. Do you really think they're going to keep the global treasure pool when they allow multiple different groups and people to enter at the same time? They're not turning it into a walk of echoes battle, they're turning it into an open area, with the NMs/bosses being popped instead of just up.
    (0)

Character
    Thatman
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    If SE is going to keep Dynamis going and keep merging servers, they better get their act together and make Dyna an instance like in WoW. Trying to coordinate runs with several thousand other people is kind of a serious pain, especially since we don't all speak the same language.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    If SE is going to keep Dynamis going and keep merging servers, they better get their act together and make Dyna an instance like in WoW. Trying to coordinate runs with several thousand other people is kind of a serious pain, especially since we don't all speak the same language.
    Did you read the news post at all? They're already changing dynamis so you don't need to schedule runs anymore...

It's not going to be instanced. It's going to be an open area with the bosses being popped NMs.
    (0)

Page 7 of 77 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast