Page 6 of 77 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast
    Player
    I just hope SE wake up and realize there are people who still play this game who DO NOT enjoy WoW. I for one enjoy the challenges in FFXI I have been playing since NA release and I love this game very deeply. Many people say the game is to easy now and I wish to dissagree with that, sure there are some things that are easy(many people with afv3+1 or random afv3+2, but people with full set afv3+2 is kinda rare. also people with e wep lvl 90... ) I enjoy die-ina-mess even tho at times it can be kind of lasting long, but I do enjoy that we all work together to help our friend obtain their relic. Our dyna shell is probably rare in the fact that many of us are close friend so it is nothing like someone is leeching to get their relic weapon, they work their toosh to make the gil to sponsor every week also they don't get to lot af. SE please for the love of Altana if you have any ... I thank you for making the game more enjoyable with small group of friends but please do not devalue this game, I mean I LOVE love love love the challenges in game it makes it worthwhile to play, it makes the feeling of accomplishment really great. If something is easy to obtain the feeling of accomplishment at the end of completion doesn't feel that great T.T. I hope this is a mistranslation in some way. I wouldn't mind if multiple shells could enter at the same time sort of like a bcnm but not be together in the zone seeing each other, I do have faith although for SE tho to make this game more progressive I have hope for the people leading ffxi.
    (0)

Player
    Where as I enjoy the one day re-entry time, I still think SE is going to ruin this if they turn this into another WOE. If they KI the zones, how are you limit the people you want to go in with, I surely don't want to sit around and compete with anyone that can zone in. I do dyna as low man with my ls and it keeps it simple and fun. If they turn it into an Abyssea like zone, I don't see how it would really work; zones like Sandy and Bastok are way to small to hold large amounts of people. Even then if anyone can just go, we -know- people will hold mobs and monopolize zones. On top of that, if they did make it able for groups to go in by themselves, if they don't somehow instant the zones, no one will be able to enter with fighting for it. I also won't be surprised if SE doesn't sneak in what they did with Campaign and up the mobs level caps to make them harder for low man shells to even do well in the zones.
    (0)

Character
    Wojo
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 95
    I am allergic to Dynamis 1.0.

5 hours twice a week helping someone get an all powerful relic with the hopes I can have a chance to get a now obsolete piece of gear?.... Hah, I never liked that event and I never will. Everyone that attends Dynamis immediately logs out afterwards because its so draining. Currently having a dynamis relic is the biggest trophy you can have. The big name shells in the game all monopolize their member's time and create mandatory attendance for Dynamis so their leaders can have these big name items.

If the dev team changes this racket, I for one welcome the change. Those shells rely on currency as a way to become super rich. Its going to be an interesting change for sure. Yah, I'm not going to lie, theres one or two pieces of armor that I wouldn't mind having. But theres no way i'm going to put the hundreds of hours climbing the point ladder in a given linkshell to be able to get it.

If dynamis 2.0 makes it fun and brings back a little more diversity to the game, I for one welcome the changes.
    (0)

Character
    Wenceslao
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    i hate WoW....
    (0)

Character
    Wenceslao
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    I don't care if Relic sets are obsolette, the simply joy of having one, makes dynamis worth the while...
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Momohko View Post
    I just hope SE wake up and realize there are people who still play this game who DO NOT enjoy WoW. I for one enjoy the challenges in FFXI I have been playing since NA release and I love this game very deeply. Many people say the game is to easy now and I wish to dissagree with that, sure there are some things that are easy(many people with afv3+1 or random afv3+2, but people with full set afv3+2 is kinda rare. also people with e wep lvl 90... ) I enjoy die-ina-mess even tho at times it can be kind of lasting long, but I do enjoy that we all work together to help our friend obtain their relic. Our dyna shell is probably rare in the fact that many of us are close friend so it is nothing like someone is leeching to get their relic weapon, they work their toosh to make the gil to sponsor every week also they don't get to lot af. SE please for the love of Altana if you have any ... I thank you for making the game more enjoyable with small group of friends but please do not devalue this game, I mean I LOVE love love love the challenges in game it makes it worthwhile to play, it makes the feeling of accomplishment really great. If something is easy to obtain the feeling of accomplishment at the end of completion doesn't feel that great T.T. I hope this is a mistranslation in some way. I wouldn't mind if multiple shells could enter at the same time sort of like a bcnm but not be together in the zone seeing each other, I do have faith although for SE tho to make this game more progressive I have hope for the people leading ffxi.
    Do you realize how much many of the elite players spit at your concepts?

Most of the players who consider themselves elite want to dictate what value this game has (to them AND to you) by devaluing aspects of the game (as you define it).

We need to fight this, tooth and nail...
    (0)

Character
    Yinnyth
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    First some background information on me. For almost 6 years now, I have had the privelige of leading one of the most successful and longest-lived Dynamis linkshells in the game, Trutle. Before me, it was led by 2 other people who took me in as a member and taught me everything they knew about Dynamis. Our linkshell has 2 gjallarhorns, 2 aegis', 1 apocalypse, 1 bravura, 1 amanomurakumo, and 1 mandau, all of which are currently at their level 90 form, and all of which are actively used by members in our linkshell. There are more than a half-dozen more relics our linkshell has had sponsors complete over the years, but those members are no longer with us.

I love Dynamis in it's current form, because it is the epitome of what I love about FFXI itself: "knowlege is power". I have played other MMORPGs, but all of them pale in comparison to FFXI because I have never seen any MMO in which knowlege is such a powerful tool, and nowhere in the game is this so evident as Dynamis. If you had random other players take control of all my linkshell's characters, they would not have half the success in Dynamis that we have, because they would know jack about its intricacies. I know how to pull the stones in sandy at the east and west ronfaure gates without linking. I know how to pull the Yagudo stones 1 at a time at Yoran-Oran's manor. I know how to use 3 blms to split the pull of 6 vanguard eyes before the Vanguard Dragon in half without sacrificing anyone. I know that Diabolos Diamond doesn't melee, but he does cast spells, use weapon skills when he gets TP, and every 2 minutes he'll use nightmare (20' AoE around his current target) and then follow it up with 1-6 Daydreams (single target charm, 1 minute duration) which you can outrun provided you stay out of range of nightmare when his 2 minute cycle is up, thus reducing the number of people he can charm to 1. I could fill books with the things I know about Dynamis which no one else bothers to learn or remember, and THAT is why my linkshell is so successful. If you take that away:
    •Monster distribution will receive drastic revisions.
    then we have nothing. Every other newbie who doesn't know the difference between an Avatar Icon and Manifest Icon will be able to do just as well us.

Combined with other factors, this update will be the Mercy Stroke for our linkshell. Trutle is made up of members from several different linkshells. They come to us because our knowlege and skill brings us success. They come to us because we have sponsors who pay for the hourglass. They come to us because we're an established linkshell with a reliable schedule and grizzled veterans who know what they're doing. And perhaps most importantly, they keep coming back because we know how to make Dynamis fun.

Dynamis does have it's problems. I've sent various feedback slips through the system and talked to a few GMs over the years, though none of my concerns or suggestions ever really got through which gives me little hope that I will be heard here either. The problems with Dynamis boil down to one basic problem: too much difficulty, not enough reward. The fix I wanted to see was to make Dynamis more rewarding, not make it easier and more accessible. Come to think of it, I want Dynamis to be harder if anything. But throughout the years, SE has constantly been applying the wrong fixes to Dynamis. They've increased the relic armor drop rate twice now, and it's gotten to the point where my linkshell frequently has 9 pieces of relic armor in the loot pool which causes all other drops to sort instantly without giving them a chance to get lotted. We don't need easier to obtain AF2- most of us are already maxed out on the stuff. We need better stats on AF2, a way to upgrade it more than just +1, and some new challenges.

If all of this is implemented exactly as it has been stated in [dev1000], I don't think I will have what it takes to hold my linkshell together any longer, and I will be losing my favorite event in the entire game. So please, think this over a little more.
    (0)

Character
    Birdkiller
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I have run into a problem with my own Dynamis LS I help run. Lately we have been having to do the same 2 city zones due to a couple of lowman groups, and the fact that Dynamis Beaucidine will always be taken because of relic weapon upgrades. Even starting as early as possible, people on the east coast will always be there before we even start getting ready. Changing days isn't an option for us either :< since our current ones allow for everyone to make it twice a week. I wish there was a way to actually reserve a zone ahead of time, or at the very least be able to have two instances of the same zone running so we can move a couple of people that need the Beaucidine Clear through it.
    (0)

Character
    Ilax
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Wojo View Post
    I am allergic to Dynamis 1.0.

5 hours twice a week helping someone get an all powerful relic with the hopes I can have a chance to get a now obsolete piece of gear?.... Hah, I never liked that event and I never will. Everyone that attends Dynamis immediately logs out afterwards because its so draining. Currently having a dynamis relic is the biggest trophy you can have. The big name shells in the game all monopolize their member's time and create mandatory attendance for Dynamis so their leaders can have these big name items.

If the dev team changes this racket, I for one welcome the change. Those shells rely on currency as a way to become super rich. Its going to be an interesting change for sure. Yah, I'm not going to lie, theres one or two pieces of armor that I wouldn't mind having. But theres no way i'm going to put the hundreds of hours climbing the point ladder in a given linkshell to be able to get it.

If dynamis 2.0 makes it fun and brings back a little more diversity to the game, I for one welcome the changes.
    Must be very long time you did a dynamis run Our ls only have 12~14 member max, they all end to win 1 to 3 AF per run, most of us not doing it anymore for AF (that been a while we not looking at it) Over 5yr i can tell you, our ls been a social event more then anything else on Wed/Sun where everyone hope on skype, make joke, pop youtube video, talk about everything.

One of us got Shadow Ring last night with only 42 point, member are getting ~10 point /week, is by far not horrible as it was back before abyssea where everyone was deleveling and crying for R3, ppl actually yell to get R1 because who care about exp lost now? I don't even know who in my ls need RDM hat or THF hand >< at last news someone had it in his comment for his mule, and only because no one else needed....
    (0)

Character
    Kaliyah
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    My biggest issue with this announcement is that it will interfere with LS that do dynamis for the sake of upgrading relics specifically. Everyone has worked their butts off to obtain the necessary requirements and now we find out that the Dev team is planning to change restrictions/requirements to entering? I'm sorry, I don't find this announcement as useful at all to anyone, it just turns everything into a free-for-all lot fest against people that otherwise can't work with a group. I'm speaking from an LS point of view, not a low man group. I still have a LS with 20~30 active members still showing up, now we are going to have to worry about people randomly jumping in to ruin a set system that has worked for the past 4 years without a hitch.

The selling of currency has never really disturbed the economic structure of the game, nor has it been outright abused. If it isn't broke, why fix it? I don't want "Walk of Dynamis" in the least.
    (0)
    Last edited by Kitkat; 03-09-2011 at 06:25 AM.

Page 6 of 77 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast