Page 18 of 77 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 68 ... LastLast
    Character
    Ilax
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    I think you guy kinda missing the point of dynamis, it been for several year an hostile zone where any random action could make the run a total waste, where everyone actually have to pay 100% attention to they action. The strategy was the ultimate way to success, making this event in my opinion the best ever event SE did.

If you look at WoE is pretty much close to dynamis, the only 2 difference is:
    * Open zone
    * Lottery

Making this event hard to love, the strategy is not anymore how to play the event but more about anticipate the bad action from random member that will enter in your event. The LOOT system was not bad itself, but since is an open event there some people that found a work around to just screw up everyone.

I really can't see where people base they opinion when they say is going to be awesome. The only real way SE could set all these issue is for sure by turning Dynamis in easy mode. No way these zone will remain the same. (NM trigger, Mass link of death). It would be so chaos, so in the end what SE is about to do is to change dynamis at the point where only the name will remain the same.

They said CoP will stay the same, i guess that the only part that kinda make me happy.. Well assuming everyone love the change they about to do, because if all this end up to be like campaign, and everyone lost they interest of dynamis V2 after 6 month, then is just another waste...
    (0)

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    An update to dynamis would require an update to ALL items aquired from it to equal or surpass abyssea.
    Just because the area and gear is out of date doesn't mean it has to be updated. If it's nessissary to go back and change one, you'll have to go back and change them all.
    (0)

Character
    Zyrs
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I'm funding a relic by buying the currency from the linkshell, we sell it at the going rate and split the proceeds minus enough to pay for the glass.

The concerns I have are not about relics/coins, they are about logistics. Currently, you need the key items from the four city wins to enter Beaucedine. You need the key item from Beaucedine to enter Xarcabard. And you need to beat the Dynamis Lord to win Xarcabard. There are still a lot of players that have not reached level 65/been in a Dynamis yet.

To win in each zone, you need to kill certain NMs to spawn the Zone boss. In Xarcabard, the zone boss can drop a couple of nice items along with currency. I'm betting this will make him a farming target if he is a popped boss.

How are the changes going to balance the needs of the people who need city/beaucedine/xarcabard wins against those of the people just wanting to farm nms? Is there going to be one ??? for every nm people need to pop for a win that doesn't have anything farmable and one ??? pop for people who are farming? Or is it going to be free for all where people going for the win or farming can each be frustrated in their efforts by a group that is going for the other endeavor?

Or are you going to remove the 4 city wins to Beaucedine to Xarcabard path completely and just allow anyone to enter any Dynamis they want?
    (0)

Character
    Ilax
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    DEV are not talking much about the direction all this is going, and i am surprise some jump on conclusion that will be such of amazing upgrade. But yes, there so many thing they have to change to make this possible. I kinda hope we can finish the 4th relic before this update come out, so i am not forced to join something that i probably will hate.

R.I.P. Dynamis.
    (0)

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Dynamis dose not need to be updated. This is simply a case of complainers being as vocal as ever.
    If you need an update to gear and weapons, go after the new ones. Just because you have something already, doesnt' mean that you have to use it forever. If you update one set of gear, then why shouldn't you update all of it? Since dynamis needs to be stronger/better, why shouldn't level 1 gear have larger bonusses? Why shouldn't Fields of Valor pages be more challenging? Why not re-cap COP too?
    (0)

Character
    Ilax
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    As far as i know, is the same jealous player complaining how they did not success in this event, asking none stop to SE to change it just to give them a chance.

In reality we all know what about to happen, my LS might die from this update, but another will find the way to monopolizing the event. In the end the same player will be mad + my ls might be dead. [very great idea]

Ive been doing dynamis long enough to have face multi LS that did not survive more then 6 month, and reason are multiple. Just take me for reference, i was in dynamis for 3 yr before doing mine, ive been facing enough unfair issue with leader of my linkshell, i was also doing most of his duty job... I ended to conclusion i was just wasting my time with them, and instead i did my own linkshell that turned in the first week more successful then the one i was in. Also just sad how his linkshell died the next 2~3 week.

The true story about dynamis and QQ, are the same as for every event in the game, everyone are ready to join a linkshell, take advantage of knowledge from all the leader and take every drop over everyone just because they feel is right. People are good at QQ for everything, but give them the leader status and they are PETRIFIED about what to do. Leading for me been more then abuse of my power, i had to deal with many issue that most of 'general' player will never face, i don't think i have explain any. In the end all i can say is how i success to keep a group tight and together.

As much as it can sound unfair for some about leader decision, like who sponsor, who take item, the option to do your own dynamis always been open, and you all could have done the same as i did when i was in total disagree with my leader. Leading a group is a challenge too, is not easy to make everyone happy, and trust me leader have way more to considerate then the general cry baby.

Maybe it sound unfair to you if i refuse you to sponsor in my LS, but trust me to me is even more unfair if i would tell one of my member that support us for 4yr, sorry Mr.Bob with zillion more gil then you will take your spot. Is reason my LS as many other dynamis LS are still alive, they found they way and they support, and this update is about to just erase that synergy. In the end like i said, someone else will take our place, be ready to deal with something that might be different but not necessary better as it is atm.
    (0)

Character
    Zidian
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 90
    You dont need to change the system to change dynamis. tbh there was nothing wrong with the system, it was functioning perfectly for years prior to abyssea. The reason the player base for dyna is dying is, as you said, because there is almost nothing worth getting from there for the masses of FFXI (sure every couple of people are gonna go after the relic weapons, but only so many!). In MY OPINION what SE should have done was make the rewards higher, perhaps introduce new gear and relic +2. Changing the system, in this case, is just lowering the standard: something i find unnecessary since people in FFXI are trying to get away from the over "simplified /easy post-Abyssea" world FFXI is turning into.
    (0)

Honestly... i'm inclined to agree that the reason dynamis has died is because people have what they wanted from it...those that still play and that have been playing for years... (including those that got what they wanted, then quit the game and are now back)... so in retrospect this should be a welcome change to old content---now if it's done right...well, it'll be an ENHANCEMENT to the system, not a detriment. My suggestion: Wait and see what's released... i'm sure the SE Devs have gotten more than enough of a whiff of the direction the player base wishes to see this game going and are making adjustments they deem are necessary to fit that new mold.
    (0)

Character
    Volkai
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Large Dynamis linkshells as they currently exist will no longer work. THey will have to adapt to the new system. That's not impossible to do.

Having a single person pay for a run's hourglass will no longer work, as it will now be a one-time purchase. However, these 'run sponsors' can instead put their gil towards purchasing more currency, as at least some players will be entering dynamis on a daily basis to farm currency for profit. (Chances are RMTs will try to do this, so keep an eye out for them to report them to the GMs.)

This is not the end of Dynamis. As it is, even 12 players of level 90 can clean out a zone with the right mix of jobs; and it is reasonable, I feel, to assume that the new Key Item system for NM pops will make zone bosses (including the Dynamis Lord) feasible to take on.

The questions I have are if it will be possible for an alliance to take out the dynamis weapons quickly enough, and if Yin and Yang will still need to be slain simultaneously or not.
    (0)
    "Don't take life too seriously, you can't get out of it alive."

Adoulin is installed but still not lighting up on your title screen? Here's what to do:
    Go to https://secure.square-enix.com/account/app/svc/login?cont=account and log in, then Select Service >>> PlayOnline / FINAL FANTASY XI >>> Add a service account (blue button) >>> input expansion software registration code.

Character
    Lllen
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I am in a Dyna shell, we usually run with 12-13ish players, granted there are times we have a complete wipe, but then again it fun. We have 2 people doing relic, so, we have their runs (we have 2 runs a week) and bank runs . Lol, i love the small group, sometimes we have less people and you have to really concentrate on what you do and what others need etc... The nice point of a small group is that we have a good income derived from bank runs at the end of the month and we had fun.

I'm very confused as to what will actually happen with the updates to Dyna, but I can't imagine them making it wide open for all to play at the same time as some have suggested. I am of the opinion that they will make it like Nyzul, many groups in there own little world at any given time. I want to see changes in Dyna, but I think SE need to be a little more forth coming on what they actually thinking of doing, save on forum space.
    (0)

Page 18 of 77 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 68 ... LastLast