Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15
Results 141 to 149 of 149
  1. #141
    Player Concerned4FFxi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    borg
    Posts
    604
    Character
    Amaday
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon6324236 View Post
    Yeah, no shit, the point in lowering their power at the same time as lowering their recast is because as a 1-hour recast you would be able to use to powerful of abilities to quickly in succession, but wait, we already do that with CORs and such anyways, so really its a balancing tactic as well. If you can not understand that then its your problem not mine, but I can assure you SE never intended us to do events relying on two jobs SP abilities while we bring 5 CORs to reset them when needed, that was all the player bases idea, and part of why it does need balanced. Basically your saying you prefer them leave them as they were because you get stronger abilities with no penalty at all because even though they set the higher timer, no one actually gives a damn about that timer when you can reset it anyways.
    We are saying the same thing, again and again. You keep talking about COR and all that shit has nothing to do with what I'm saying. All your doing is saying the obvious about events and reusing our two hour. That has nothing to do with what I'm saying, please stop. Here it is one more time:

    I prefer two hour abilities to stay as two hour abilities. I'd be happy if they made them 24hour abilities. The logic is simple, and can't be agrued. The longer the ability recast, the more that ability can offer due to balancing it's recast timer. There is no agrueing this, the DEV has said it about balance, and we all read the embrava nerf info, your not breathing any light into this.

    Also note, I stated that smn and sch two hours were overpowered compared to the other job abilites, and i stated that I would have prefered keeping two hours as two hours (because if it's a two hour then the effect of the ability can last longer, they said they shorted the duration of embrava and pd because it's no longer a two hour ability AND was overpowered) and increasing the other 20 jobs two hours so that their could have been balance.

    Not you, nor I, have said anything that the DEV didn't already post. All your doing is trying to come out on top in an arguement, that isn't even an arguement... It's you going off topic about resetting a job ability while hating on me, meantime I'm asking for a one/two/24 hour job ability that's worth using.

    Summary: I prefer two hour abilities that are worth using, over watered down 1hour. I prefer improving the other 20 job's two hours, so they can be balanced with the old pd and embrava. That's it. It's not a discussion about tactics or resetting abilities.
    (0)
    Last edited by Concerned4FFxi; 03-29-2013 at 02:02 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kincard
    The reason I keep coming back to XI as opposed to other MMOs is because of the content's lastability. While it is true that many pieces are outdated with each patch, to this day there are many old pieces of gear that are still near top-tier if not the top-tier. It encourages you to explore the whole breadth of content rather than asking you to bumrush and bypass all the old content just so you can grind the newer content. This is a model used by other MMOs such as WoW, and while I don't have anything against people that enjoy this model, if I wanted to play an MMO with that model there are many, many games vast superior to XI in terms of mechanics and especially customer service that offer such a model.

  2. #142
    Player Karbuncle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4,314
    The idea is to balance away from everything being PD/Embrava > Zerg, not "Buff the other 2hours so its even easier to PD/Embrava > Zerg everything".

    I know and understand the reasoning for their nerfs. Because if they didn't, every enemy in the game would need to be balanced around the idea of PD/Embrava... Likely meaning good old Deathga. They said this when the nerf was brought up, if they kept the abilities as is, the entirety of the new expansion would need to have Enemies balanced around PD/Embrava so they weren't just easy zerg fests, I.E boring.

    I like the new direction, It likely won't completely stop zerging, But at least it'll be a bit less mindless. I know the name of the game is doing everything fast and instant gratification (yayhumanity), but I like that they're trying to make the game more than 3 R/E/M DD and a Slew of Support buffers.
    (1)

  3. #143
    Player
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Ru'Lude Gardens!
    Posts
    4,310
    Quote Originally Posted by Concerned4FFxi View Post
    I prefer two hour abilities to stay as two hour abilities. I'd be happy if they made them 24hour abilities. The logic is simple, and can't be agrued. The longer the ability recast, the more that ability can offer due to balancing it's recast timer. There is no agrueing this, the DEV has said it about balance, and we all read the embrava nerf info, your not breathing any light into this.
    Your right, there is no arguing this, you are asking for something stupidly. You are saying they should have longer timers so they are stronger abilities even though the player base will not be effected by the timer anyways. You are gaining all of the benefits of having the longer recast without any of the flaws of having a longer recast, is it really so hard to understand why that is wrong?
    (3)

  4. #144
    Player Kincard's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    648
    Character
    Kincard
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    they said they shorted the duration of embrava and pd because it's no longer a two hour ability
    When have they ever, ever said this? The only reason embrava and PD were ever nerfed were because they were ridiculously powerful. You obviously have no idea what you are talking about. The abilities are balanced based around the idea that you can only use them once (and twice if you're really stretching) per event, barring using special abilities and revitalizers that come from that event itself. The timer was shortened because of they way they are now designing their events (With the intension that you won't play them long enough to get more than one use out of the SP ability), it has nothing to do with an ability's timer affecting it's potency or whatever the hell it is you are trying to make up.

    If they wanted to implement "I win" buttons on a 24 hours timer they would've done that.
    (2)

  5. 04-01-2013 06:08 AM

  6. #145
    Player Concerned4FFxi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    borg
    Posts
    604
    Character
    Amaday
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kincard View Post
    When have they ever, ever said this?
    In the very orginal posting about the nerf, the director went to great lengths to explain why it was done. In it he cited these reasons for the nerf:

    1. the abilities were already better than most other two hrs, the player base was abusing it to clear content and become dependant on it instead of coming up with alternative play styles, so it warranted change to the formula themselves, e.i. refresh and not regain for embrava.

    2. all 2hrs were gonna be one hour, so the duration of PD and embrava were adjusted because of this

    I think you guys need to understand there was two seperate reason for the nerf, and each reason contributed differently to said nerf. the length of the abilities themselves were reduced because they were now a 1 hour ability. The effects of the abilities were changed because they were overpowered.

    I am asking that the length of all 1hour abilies be returned to two hours and increase the duration (in the case of PD and embrava) and other two hours get some sort of balanced boost, instead of taking the easy way out which is what SE did and will continue to do, and insteaad of buffing 20 1/2hr abiliies they just gimped these two, so that the other 20 jobs can live.

    As for embrava, it's like the defense/attack ratio change. i support change, I just don't support using a missile to kill a sniper!
    (1)
    Last edited by Concerned4FFxi; 04-01-2013 at 06:37 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kincard
    The reason I keep coming back to XI as opposed to other MMOs is because of the content's lastability. While it is true that many pieces are outdated with each patch, to this day there are many old pieces of gear that are still near top-tier if not the top-tier. It encourages you to explore the whole breadth of content rather than asking you to bumrush and bypass all the old content just so you can grind the newer content. This is a model used by other MMOs such as WoW, and while I don't have anything against people that enjoy this model, if I wanted to play an MMO with that model there are many, many games vast superior to XI in terms of mechanics and especially customer service that offer such a model.

  7. #146
    Player Concerned4FFxi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    borg
    Posts
    604
    Character
    Amaday
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon6324236 View Post
    Your right, there is no arguing this, you are asking for something stupidly. You are saying they should have longer timers so they are stronger abilities even though the player base will not be effected by the timer anyways. You are gaining all of the benefits of having the longer recast without any of the flaws of having a longer recast, is it really so hard to understand why that is wrong?

    One Job's 1hour has nothing to do with the rest of the 21 job's 1hour. Saying the game can't get this, or that, because COR can reset the ability is just stupid. In case you didn't realise, if sch and smn get lengthened recast timers in exchange for buffing the ability, so would cor. So, it's balanced. It will still take a cor 2hr to reset there own 2hour.

    In your post above, you state that you don't believe it would happen. And because of this, you state the way I went about asking for an improvement is stupid. At no time, did you say you would or would not welcome the increase, if it was done in the manor i asked for it (buff all 1hours and make them longer recasts). That makes you a troll, instead of saying thats a good or bad idea and here's why, you went into attacking me because you insist that it won't happen because of cor resetting these uber, lengthly abilities. You are an Ass.
    (0)
    Last edited by Concerned4FFxi; 04-01-2013 at 06:40 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kincard
    The reason I keep coming back to XI as opposed to other MMOs is because of the content's lastability. While it is true that many pieces are outdated with each patch, to this day there are many old pieces of gear that are still near top-tier if not the top-tier. It encourages you to explore the whole breadth of content rather than asking you to bumrush and bypass all the old content just so you can grind the newer content. This is a model used by other MMOs such as WoW, and while I don't have anything against people that enjoy this model, if I wanted to play an MMO with that model there are many, many games vast superior to XI in terms of mechanics and especially customer service that offer such a model.

  8. #147
    Player
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Ru'Lude Gardens!
    Posts
    4,310
    Quote Originally Posted by Concerned4FFxi View Post
    One Job's 1hour has nothing to do with the rest of the 21 job's 1hour. Saying the game can't get this, or that, because COR can reset the ability is just stupid. In case you didn't realise, if sch and smn get lengthened recast timers in exchange for buffing the ability, so would cor. So, it's balanced. It will still take a cor 2hr to reset there own 2hour.

    In your post above, you state that you don't believe it would happen. And because of this, you state the way I went about asking for an improvement is stupid. At no time, did you say you would or would not welcome the increase, if it was done in the manor i asked for it (buff all 1hours and make them longer recasts). That makes you a troll, instead of saying thats a good or bad idea and here's why, you went into attacking me because you insist that it won't happen because of cor resetting these uber, lengthly abilities. You are an Ass.
    Ok then, I am an ass, and I'm still right. You want the benefit of a longer recast without the penalties of having to follow through on that recast, games are not supposed to work like that, its a simple truth. Your saying you can only have CORs reset once, well right now thats basically what we do anyways, we only reset once. I rather it stay as it is, it seems more balanced. As for not "One Job's 1hour has nothing to do with the rest of the 21 job's 1hour." the entire adjustment to Embrava and PD were just as you said in your other post, effected by the fact us players abused them, as such, they changed them. We abuse COR 2-hours as well, why should they not take this into account when looking at your idea? I am not attacking you, I am attacking your idea by saying it sounds dumb for a few reasons I am trying to explain to you, but rather than listen you contend that I am now a troll, an ass, explaining the obvious, and have come off insulting yourself. Please rethink your position on this before you bother replying to this post.
    (2)

  9. #148
    Player Kincard's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    648
    Character
    Kincard
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    2. all 2hrs were gonna be one hour, so the duration of PD and embrava were adjusted because of this
    You may want to consider the next time you paraphrase something someone said that you make sure that it's something they actually said, otherwise you just destroy your credibility on any kind of sensible point you might have had buried somewhere deep inside your posts.
    (2)

  10. #149
    Player Economizer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,397
    Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    (2)

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15