Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Elements to be Implemented in the March 27th Version Update

Greetings everyone!

Please take a moment to read over the following post by Producer Akihiko Matsui regarding adjustments that will be taking place in the upcoming version update.

---
    Hello,

Matsui here.

I've been quite busy preparing for the release of Seekers of Adoulin and I'm sorry that my posting frequency has gone down a bit.

I'd like to make a separate post in regards to content related to Seekers of Adoulin, but I've been writing and erasing text, so for now I'd like to inform you all about the adjustments mentioned previously that will be implemented in the March 27th Version Update.
    • Enmity Adjustments
      In regards to enmity, we will be performing the first stage of the content that was discussed previously. To start out, we will be making adjustments so that if the target is level 51 or above, the enmity generated in proportion to the damage dealt, and the enmity incurred in relation to the amount of HP cured, will be reduced. In the case that the target is above level 99, the amount of enmity generated will be reduced to 30% compared to before adjustment (the current level). We are also making adjustments at the same time so that the enmity gains from Cure V are reduced.

While this isn't limited to enmity adjustments, we understand this is an element that we need to continuously follow and address, and I wanted to remind you that this would be the first step.

• Attack/Defense Ratio Adjustments
      This is in regards to the post I made previously about future battle system adjustments.
      We will be making adjustments based on the content described under the "Regarding Defense" header. After the adjustment, in the case that a player's defense is significantly lower compared to a monster’s attack power, the amount of damage received will be higher than what it is currently.

Example:

For the below values:
      Monster attack damage value = 100
      Monster attack power = 1000
      Your defense = 250

The damage received will be as follows:
      Pre-adjustment amount of damage received = 200
      Post-adjustment amount of damage received = 400
      *This is just a simple calculation to make it easy to illustrate the change.

To go along with the above, the below two adjustments will also be made:
      • The maximum value for damage dealt from the attack defense ratio will be adjusted so they are identical for both single-handed weapons and two-handed weapons.
      • The defense reduction penalty for "Counterstance" will be reduced.

• Embrava and Perfect Defense Adjustments
      This is regarding Embrava and Perfect Defense adjustments that were described previously.
      There have been no changes made to the aspects outlined previously, but I'd like to go over the adjustments once again. Along with these changes we will be making adjustments to various battle content, so I will be going over each of the adjustments planned breaking it down by content.
      • Embrava
        BeforeAfter
        Effect Duration5 min90 sec
        Haste+1% per 15 enhancing magic skill+1% per 20 enhancing magic skill
        RegainRegainRefresh

• Perfect Defense
        BeforeAfter
        Effect Duration90 sec30 sec (+1 sec per 20 summoning magic skill)

For adjustments related to various battle content, we will be performing the adjustments outlined in my previous post and the follow-up made by Camate.
    • Adjustments to Nyzul Isle Uncharted Area Survey
      Adjustments will be made to the levels of monsters.
      FloorLevel
      Floors 1-19Reduced by 10 levels
      Floors 20-39Reduced by 7 levels
      Floors 40-59Reduced by 4 levels
      Floors 60-79Reduced by 2 levels
      Floors 80-100No change

*These changes will also be applied to notorious monsters.
      Adjustments will be made to the stats of a portion of notorious monsters that only spawn in Nyzul Isle Uncharted Area Survey. We will be making adjustments so that damage dealt will be higher than the current values when utilizing a mode of attack that exploits a monster's weakness, such as blunt attacks, piercing attacks, magic attacks, etc.

• Adjustments to Legion
      Special characteristics will be attributed to the monsters that spawn.
      In addition to the reduction of stats such as HP, attack power, and defense, we will also be setting special monster weaknesses. While some monsters stats will see increases at the same time as the reductions, it will be possible to defeat them much easier than before the adjustment when attacking their weakness.

• Adjustments to Einherjar
      Stats such as HP, attack power, and defense for Odin will be reduced for Odin's Chamber II.

• Adjustments to Voidwatch
      The range of use for Void clusters will be expanded to Provenance.

• Adjustments to Walk of Echoes
      Monster levels will be reduced, the "EX" status will be removed from each type of coin and sack, and sacks will be added that dispense multiple Devious Die and Liminal Residue.

• Adjustments to Salvage
      The drop rates for level 35 equipment will be revamped, and changes will be made so that monsters other than the NMs that spawn from ramparts in Bhaflau Remnants drop the same equipment.

• Adjustments to Twilight Scythe
      As was mentioned in a previous post, we will be changing the weapon so that the regular attacks are slashing damage and by using an enchantment they can become non-elemental.

The enchantment can be used 10 seconds after equipping the weapon and will be set as below:
      Effect duration: 60 seconds
      Recast time: 10 minutes
      Charges: Unlimited

Finally, here are some other adjustments that will be made.
    • Expansion of the /yell Feature
      As outlined by Camate, we will be expanding the range of /yell in the below manner; however, the addition of this feature to the Chocobo Circuit will not take place at this time until other features have been added to that area:

Ru'Lude Gardens / Upper Jeuno / Lower Jeuno / Port Jeuno

Ru'Lude Gardens / Upper Jeuno / Lower Jeuno / Port Jeuno / Aht Urhgan Whitegate / East Adoulin / West Adoulin

• Changes to Mog Tablet Rewards
      As was mentioned by Camate, we will be keeping the Nomad Moogle statute and Talaria as prizes, but will be switching out other rewards. To keep it a surprise, we won't reveal which rewards have been switched, but keep in mind it's still a bonus type of item.

• Auto-translate
      Since it would not be possible to add new terms related to Seekers of Adoulin without deleting words that are not used frequently, we will be eliminating words to add new ones. Moving forward we plan to switch out words in the dictionary as well.

As I mentioned at the beginning of this post, I will be doing my best to make a post next week about the addition of Seekers of Adoulin content.

Also, we've been working extremely hard on other adjustments besides the ones described above, and once we are at the stage where we can share information I will be sure to make a post on the forums.

Thank you all very much.
    ---
    (24)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Greetings everyone!

Please take a moment to read over the following post by Producer Akihiko Matsui regarding adjustments that will be taking place in the upcoming version update.
    I'd like to make a separate post in regards to content related to Seekers of Adoulin, but I've been writing and erasing text, so for now I'd like to inform you all about the adjustments mentioned previously that will be implemented in the March 27th Version Update.
    Demon Wall of Text!~

We are also making adjustments at the same time so that the enmity gains from Cure V are reduced.
    You are including the nearly useless Cure VI in the enmity reduction right? Right? (For the MP cost I almost expect Cure VI to reduce enmity...)

Is it your intent to have White Mages have to tradeoff between less efficient Cure V/VI with less enmity or bigger enmity Cure III/IV but more MP efficiency?

While this isn't limited to enmity adjustments, we understand this is an element that we need to continuously follow and address, and I wanted to remind you that this would be the first step.
    Will spells be included in the enmity adjustments, or will we see magic damage draw more enmity now?

• Attack/Defense Ratio Adjustments
    Should mages be stocking up on Tavnazian Tacos now, or will there be actual mage food implemented that provides a valid tradeoff compared to stacking defense?

As outlined by Camate, we will be expanding the range of /yell in the below manner; however, the addition of this feature to the Chocobo Circuit will not take place at this time until other features have been added to that area:
    This sucks, I was hoping the Chocobo Circuit would be a convenient gathering place for building parties.

• Auto-translate
      Since it would not be possible to add new terms related to Seekers of Adoulin without deleting words that are not used frequently, we will be eliminated words to add new ones. Moving forward we plan to switch out words in the dictionary as well.
    Is this purely a PS2 limitation or server side as well? Do you track usage frequency of auto-translate phrases used?
    (3)

Player
    1-handed adjustments are cool, though I thought he mentioned something about increasing accuracy for 1-handed, and attack for 2-handed, instead of just increasing the pDIF cap. Either way, I can't complain.

I hope the "other adjustments" are RNG recycle adjustments.

Furthermore, something more needs to be done with provenance. It's an annoying, time consuming event with horrible drop rates. The problem is NOT killing provenance watcher or the caturaes (void cluster adjustment is unnecessary). The problem is you have to kill 6 NMs before you can even face the one you're really there for. All that needs to be done is to simply reduce the cruor cost of the key items.
    (4)

Character
    Starskyy
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Adjustments to Twilight Scythe
    As was mentioned in a previous post, we will be changing the weapon so that the regular attacks are slashing damage and by using an enchantment they can become non-elemental.

The enchantment can be used 10 seconds after equipping the weapon and will be set as below:
    Effect duration: 60 seconds
    Recast time: 10 minutes
    Charges: Unlimited
    Will Ws be affected during this time? Talk about a waste of inventory space if it is not. At least leave it some use before I toss it ><;;
    (5)

Player
    30% emnity drop on what I assume is all forms of damage, doesn't really seem like it'd change up much in the grand scheme of things, unless monsters start hitting for 1,000 damage normally that would necessitate a proper tank, vs. damage dealers in -DamageTaken setups.
    (2)

Hello Camate

There is a debate currently going on at the other forums, and I'd like to see if you could clear this up for us.

Original japanese text:

対象のレベルが99以上の場合で、調整前(=現状)の3割程度に軽減されます。
    Translated earlier today by Slycer on BG:

If the level of the target is higher than 99, it will be reduced to about 30% of the amount before the adjustment.
    Translated by you:

If the level of the target is higher than 99, it will be reduced by about 30% of the amount before the adjustment
    Of course saying it's reduced by is completely different than being reduced to, so you can see where the confusion is coming from.

For example:
    100% - 30% = 70% <<< Example of reducing it BY 30%
    100% - 70% = 30% <<< Example of reducing it TO 30%

If you could please clear this up for us and double check it would be a great help

If he used "o/wo" instead of "ni" as his particle then Camate's would have been correct, but as it stands, I'm pretty sure mine's correct. Maybe someone with more technical knowledge of JP grammar can help clarify.
    (10)
    Last edited by Kalilla; 03-16-2013 at 06:37 AM.

Sorry for the confusion. I didn't actually consider the difference in how it sounded with "by," but I can see the problem now. It will be reduced to 30% of the current value. I made edits to the original post as well.
    (15)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Character
    Bepe
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    This is nice start with the enmity. Now give PLD a subbable job trat(like lvl 49) that increases the enmity gained per damaging action back to its original value. That way RUN/PLD would be very viable, as long as RUN gets its own provoke type action.
    (1)

Sorry for the confusion. I didn't actually consider the difference in how it sounded with "by," but I can see the problem now. It will be reduced to 30% of the current value. I made edits to the original post as well.
    Thank you so much for the quick response Camate
    (3)

Character
    Evlkairi
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Will we see the New Sp's (1hrs, 2hrs whatever you wanna call em) implemented whit the update or are we waiting 2-4 more months to maybe get all that content wich been promised so long now?
    (1)

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast