Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Character
    Kariana
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    I want to know why these were changed. What was so broken about the twilight scythe?

Why is embrava getting the reduction? Because people are using it the way it was designed?

I really don't understand why all these things are being brought down. And i'd really like an answer. Not because I am ranting. But because it seems like these changes get made regardless of player opinion. I mean seriously. Why are you doubling the damage we take by mobs for having low defense?

Just some explainations as to why would be "VERY" appreciated.
    (4)

Player
    I like all of this except for one thing, please make Embrava at very least 150 seconds rather than 90 seconds. The duration as it is currently going to be set to is simply much to low for it to really be effective. I understand the idea of weakening it, and its a good call, but the duration its currently getting will make it much weaker than I believe you are aiming for, to the point few will care to use it rather than more reliable buffs.
    (6)

Character
    Landsoul
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    I am honestly more concerned about the adjustment towards monster's attack, let's say TP move use to do significant amount of damage 1k+ would this mean that after this update the damage would only increase further if you have melee using Berserk or DRKs in this case using Last Resort. I think this could be a rather problematic adjustment if not executed right making it for melee impossible to Berserk or Last Resort without taking to much damage which resulting being oneshotted by TP moves. If a TP move did about 1-2k before and if it only would increase further it would be impossible for melee DD to use propper buffs. Guess we'll just have to see how it turns out.

I just hope the developement team will take it into consideration not going overboard with the attack adjustments on NMs/Monsters making it impossible for melee using Berserk or Last resort without taking to much damage. If this only counts for melee hits while still being capped on TP moves I wouldn't see this as a to big of a deal. If this also significantly boosts the damage of TP moves, when it comes to hard fights or even future content it could pose an issue unless you think fighting something with multiple deaths is a good idea.
    (2)
    Last edited by Landsoul; 03-16-2013 at 12:09 PM.

Character
    Ziyyigotipyigo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Fermion View Post
    Where is the Elemental Magic update?
    Right after the Collect Underpants Subligar update.
    (0)
    Nothing in the above post is intended to disparage Square Enix or FINAL FANTASY XI, or to criticize Square Enix staff; such behavior would be a violation of the FINAL FANTASY XI User Agreement. Any such violations of the FINAL FANTASY XI User Agreement should be reported to Square Enix immediately, by using the "Report Post" icon in the bottom-left of forum posts.

No Moogles were harmed in the making in this post. Stars save the Sibyl!

Character
    Infidi
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Poor Cait Sith. No one loves you.
    (6)

Character
    Trumpy
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Ryx, i am pretty sure the weakness system they speak of is exactly the same as what they described immediately above it. its not a proc. its a weakness. like how many mobs are more weak to peircing or slashin or blunt. aka skeletons are weak to blunt (hence KRT mnk parties back in the day.) colibri are weak to piercing. they want to make these weaknesses mean something again by makin it show more difference then a couple points of dmg.

ShadedOnyx i understand ur disappointment, i am as well but they ve explained these changes a lot already thru out the year. We might not understand them however. Im sad by the embrava nerf but honestly i couldnt believe what it did when it was added to the game. thot it was probably too powerful. problem is that they started designin stuff that was very difficult to beat without embrava. I dont see many people usign embrava at all after this. (i cant think of a time recently where mages didnt have enuf refresh somehow or another or using that much to need another form of it) but in changin it at least they are changin the things we felt we needed to use embrava for. Will it be enuf i dunno but im hopin.

Ive not done legion yet nor have i done alot of the other stuff (i have gottena brief taste tho). but i have seen a video of some guys killin at least 16 of the nms in legion in a run. which is more than i imagined from what i heard about it. So it must be possible.
    (2)

Character
    Kincard
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    It baffles me somewhat that people don't understand why most of these nerfs are needed when they've explained multiple times over the past couple months why these nerfs are coming.

Attack/Defense Ratio: "We can't just mindlessly ride berserk every time the timer is up now"- that's the point. There's no strategy involved if what the players are facing is "Our defense is so low berserk has no downsides anyway". If they make it so that defense matters again, you need to actually pay attention when to use berserk, when to not use berserk, and when to cancel berserk if its already up. I will agree though, that the only worry I have is stuff like Enraged Hydra that can already do over 1500 damage with Trembling even without berserk up. If the ratio is raised to a 4.0 cap for monsters that means Trembling is going to be doing 3000 damage which is obviously impossible to prevent. You'd need to wear 50% PDT, put up defender and such and you'd still take way more damage than is reasonable.

Embrava/PD: Don't think it needs to be explained further, these abilities broke the game into "buff, embrava/PD, zerg". There seems to be this misconception running around that they "designed" events around embrava and PD simply because the playerbase using them for eventse. If the playerbase comes up with strategies that involve nothing but embrava, that isn't the designers saying "this event is made with embrava in mind", that's called the playerbase using an overpowered tool that should've never been added in the first place.

The task is to chop down a tree. They give you an axe, a saw, and a laser cannon. That isn't them designing the tree only to be cut down by the laser beam, its them giving you a tool that completely outclasses the other ones when chopping down the tree was meant to be a task to help you build character. (In b4 someone takes this metaphor too seriously like most people on the internet)

Still, I agree that the duration should probably be just a bit higher than what it currently is. In the planned state it's hard to take full use of an ability that's meant to be most effective over time. If they just want to make it an "oh shit button" 90 seconds probably is still too short. Most battles last longer than 90 seconds. I think 150 or even 180 seconds would work better.

Twilight Scythe: Ouch, I understand why this nerf had to be done, but I think it went way too far. The scythe is basically useless now unless you're an entry-level DRK in need of a decent weapon. Probably would get Wroth Scythe before this thing, though.

The enmity changes are a good start, but all it'll do is allow for maybe 2 minutes before people hit hate cap instead of 45 seconds or whatever. Gonna need something a lot more drastic, and probably also going to need new hate spiking moves for the tank jobs.
    (8)

Character
    Lordsquall
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Well with the changes to Embrava... get your Neo-Nyzul Isle gear asap (if you don't have it already), cause the level changes that are gonna be made on the monsters are neglectable, and are not gonna make it any easier with the many crappy floor jumps...
    (2)

Character
    Dazusu
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    I'm concerned that easy content just got nerfed. There's other ways around the Embrava nerf. March & Tacticians Roll for exmaple; not as amazing and can be dispelled - but nonetheless, a healthy substitute. The few remaining tidbids of end-game don't need nerfing; that is unless you are prepared to offer end-game straight out of the gate with Adoulin (which I doubt)
    (0)

Character
    Lordsquall
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazusu View Post
    I'm concerned that easy content just got nerfed. There's other ways around the Embrava nerf. March & Tacticians Roll for exmaple; not as amazing and can be dispelled - but nonetheless, a healthy substitute.
    It requires 2 jobs to the the job of 1, seeing as the 4DD + 2 SCH, that makes 1 SCH, that might be changed to RDM or WHM, a BRD for march, a COR for tactician roll, that leaves room for 3DD, a COR can do some damage but personally not impressed by it, due to gun being a slow weapon, with embrava people can spread out and find and kill: all, single, Leader, Family, floors but with the nerf people gonna have to stick together, due to short regen, no regain, which making it slower floors gonna take longer then 3 minutes, where you have about 2 min per floor to get a win out of it really, so unless they add extra time to Neo-Nyzul, or make it possible to start at floor 51 there is only a real slim chance to even make it to floor 80.

I am all about making the game more balanced and people experiment with NNI to broaden the job choices for it, but atm i just don't think it will be possible.
    (2)

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast