Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Character
    Pimpchan
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Ok girls someone explain me why every endgame content gets ajusted except ADL ? Can we at least nerf ADL's HP ? Even legion got nerf to ridiculness. Not that it matters because noone does legion so even less will do it after the nerf, but still, ADL provides the means to get the best weapons in the game >< so people will need it ad infinitum. In other words marrows are becoming ~ 2x harder to gather.
    (2)
    Last edited by MarkovChain; 03-16-2013 at 07:14 AM.

Ultimate DPS simulator
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7wbcilaHsTecldhZm94a1gtZnM/edit

Character
    Prothescar
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    hahahahaha

ok then now to respond to the adjustments:

actually looks really good, im impressed that SE's finally addressing these issues and actually succeeding in making changes that will have some feasible impact on gameplay. tanking for a few minutes instead of a few seconds should now be possible as the damage required to cap CE has effectively tripled
    (3)

Character
    Lowen
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Camate, can we get clarification on whether or not the attack ratio adjustments for one-handed weapons will apply to Hand-to-hand or not?
    (2)

Character
    Pimpchan
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Oviously it will, it makes makes monk the best DD +12.5%.
    (0)

Ultimate DPS simulator
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7wbcilaHsTecldhZm94a1gtZnM/edit

Character
    Prothescar
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    hahahahahahahahahahaha
    (13)

Character
    Rayix
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99

At least leave SOME challenge in the game!

Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    • Adjustments to Voidwatch
      The range of use for Void clusters will be expanded to Provenance.
    First off: /vote no. Voidwatch is already farrrr too easy thanks to the overwhelming amount of skill-killing temporary items. Provenance is the one place in Voidwatch that you CAN'T take an alliance of freshly-leveled abyssea noobs wearing perle and aurore gear and beat it simply by using 5 Void clusters all at one time, please do NOT take this away.

• Adjustments to Legion
      Special characteristics will be attributed to the monsters that spawn.
      In addition to the reduction of stats such as HP, attack power, and defense, we will also be setting special monster weaknesses. While some monsters stats will see increases at the same time as the reductions, it will be possible to defeat them much easier than before the adjustment when attacking their weakness.
    NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, and again HELL NO. Just hearing the words "special monster weaknesses" calls to mind visions of abyssea and voidwatch where setup is determined by proc jobs, and mobs are frozen for open, mindless zerg-fest. Legion is FUN because it is one of the only events that is actually CHALLENGING in this game, do NOT take this away from us.

This requires a much more detailed explanation as to how this is WON'T be a repeat of the proc-based disasters of prior events. Without such an explanation, this sounds like a terrible, terrible idea. PROC SYSTEMS ARE TERRIBLE!!! Now if it's more akin to disabling a certain TP move or ability...that's one thing, but the history with exploiting weaknesses is one of terrorizing the mob for mindless face-raping. I'm sure I'm far from alone in wishing for Legion NOT to suffer such a cruel fate.

Other than that, I have nothing but cheer (or tolerance) for the rest of what Matsui said. I'm in favor of Perfect Defense and Embrava getting nerfed globally, and for the enmity adjustments, and Dark Knights getting face-raped twice as hard.

Updating the auto-translate dictionary is fine...just do a study on what people actually USE in auto-translate...I.e: Don't get rid of such things as [Are you alone?] or [I don't know how answer that question.]

That's my two gil on the matter...cheer at most of it, but utter revolt at the proposed adjustments to Legion and Provenance. I realize these are both heavily Embrava-reliant events at this time, but I would rather see them made unbeatable for a time by the masses than made too easy in fear that the Embrava nerf will prove too severe for those situations.
    (9)
    The truly mighty ones don't flaunt their power.
    How can I explain this to you... The sly eagle hides its claws.

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Attack/Defense Ratio Adjustments
    This is in regards to the post I made previously about future battle system adjustments.
    We will be making adjustments based on the content described under the "Regarding Defense" header. After the adjustment, in the case that a player's defense is significantly lower compared to a monster’s attack power, the amount of damage received will be higher than what it is currently.

Example:

For the below values:
    Monster attack damage value = 100
    Monster attack power = 1000
    Your defense = 250

The damage received will be as follows:
    Pre-adjustment amount of damage received = 200
    Post-adjustment amount of damage received = 400
    *This is just a simple calculation to make it easy to illustrate the change.

To go along with the above, the below two adjustments will also be made:

The maximum value for damage dealt from the attack defense ratio will be adjusted so they are identical for both single-handed weapons and two-handed weapons.
    The defense reduction penalty for "Counterstance" will be reduced.
    Camate .... very big & important question. The other thread you mentioned raising the monster attack cap from 2.0 to 3.0, the above example is assuming a 4.0 cap. Monsters are already hitting people for 400+ a hit, does SE expect us to take 800+ in damage per hit? Also the other thread mentioned removing the monsters level based attack bonus, is this still being removed along with the raising of the monster attack ratio cap?

I mentioned these because if the level based attack bonus is not removed ... high level monsters will be dealing 1000~2000+ damage per melee hit on anyone who isn't an Paladin with Burtang. I know SE is wanting to make defense more important, yet 4.0 as a cap is extremely excessive if the monster is allowed to keep it's level bonus.

-=Edit=-

Another thing that came up. Camate will the developers be doing anything about the rampant use of defense down by every NM they've created? Currently all the harder NM's use some form of aoe defense down move that renders our defense useless. Even someone with Defender + Cocoon + Protect V + Taco will have no defense if something like Aegis Schism, Bilgestorm, Tourbillion, Yaksha: Damnation, Shadow Wreck, Dark Star or Flank Opening hits them. There are too many -defense moves to name and they all make defense pretty useless of a state to use.
    (11)
    Last edited by saevel; 03-16-2013 at 09:14 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelix
    Ragnarok's aftermath is only 5% crit rate, even with lv99, so there's almost no point in using Scourge, you just spam Resolution. Even then you become just a boring meathead DD.

Apoc with both Catastrophe and Entropy gives you crazy sustain of both HP and MP. With the Haste aftermath you can wear a ton of -PDT and solo almost any 75 content.
    Doing damage is for WAR's, DRK is about soloing 75 content yo.....

Character
    Mdkuser
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryx View Post
    First off: /vote no. Voidwatch is already farrrr too easy thanks to the overwhelming amount of skill-killing temporary items. Provenance is the one place in Voidwatch that you CAN'T take an alliance of freshly-leveled abyssea noobs wearing perle and aurore gear and beat it simply by using 5 Void clusters all at one time, please do NOT take this away.
    Are you trying to explain us you win provenance without procs and temps or something? Those fights are equally retarded as any other VW fights, clusters are good news if you dont have to gatehr 18 peopel to win. bringing 18 people =/= skill.
    (0)

Character
    Shidoshii
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Where is the Elemental Magic update?
    (5)

Character
    Luvbunny
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    This is very good news, finally most endgame contents are adjusted to be more accessible and easier to complete. Amazing news for Voidwatch, now you can even do it with much more ease. Great thinking overall, looking forward for the expansion, hopefully they make one that will be able to beat Abyssea as the most amazing add ons ever created. It's about time we are getting a real add ons that is well done and accessible for all players. Hoping the contents are not limited for 4 years before you get to see most of them.
    (1)

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast