Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 LastLast
    Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    While balancing content such as Skirmish, we noticed that when white mages used Cure V the frequency of enemies targeting them was high, so we are currently making adjustments.
    An alternative translation of similar comments made by Mocchi yields something like this:

Since there aren't many situations in which you need to cast Cure VI, if you just cast Cure VI as a replacement to Cure V, you will gain more enmity. Cure VI is really just intended as a last resort emergency cure.
    I think it was from this post here:

Quote Originally Posted by Mocchi View Post
    ケアルVに関しては、スカームなどのコンテンツバランス調整中に、
    ケアルVの詠唱を行うことで白魔道士がターゲットされる頻度が高かったため、調整をしています。

本職ということであれば、精度の高いフィードバックをいただけると信じていますが、
    もし何かあった場合でも、噛みつかずにコメントをお寄せいただけるとありがたいかなーと思います。
    コメントをいただけるのはありがたいことですので、ぜひご協力ください。

余談かつ、あまりないケースではありますが、ケアルVIについては調整を行っていませんので、
    「とりあえずケアルVI」という使い方をしていると、すぐ敵対心を取ってしまうと思います。
    これまで通り、「イマだ!!」という時にご利用ください。

Can you confirm this officially? I think it would provide some much needed insight into future discussions on healing magic to have the official sign off that this is in fact the dev team's official position on Cure VI, particularly when discussing cures with other players on these forums.
    (0)

Character
    Raksha
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Eliminating the cumulative magic resistance right away would only cause melee to be unnecessary
    Toss your relics boys and grab them magian staves.
    (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    I want to say that there's a middle ground here but this isn't really middle ground. A lot of old systems were shit. Some new systems aren't much better. What's in the middle of shit and shit? More Shit. So no, I don't want a middle ground. I want something good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Landsoul View Post
    >Twilight Scythe is overpowered that's why we're nerfing it
    >Weapons with double damage compared to relic

LOGIC.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    \m/ (*.*) \m/ "THIS SOLUTION IS THE MOST METAL!" \m/ (*.*) \m/

Character
    Amaday
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon6324236 View Post
    Two hours are not two hours anyways. Two hours are really just "once an event" abilities, we have many different ways to reset them prematurely that we never really wait the two hours if we actually need it again before hand. Take for example, parties for NNI, they use CORs for their 2hour via either shouts or DDs changing jobs, if thats not available, they use MMM or Revits from Besieged or Abyssea. People in Dyna doing ADL use CORs, people in Prov use CORs in the event of a wipe. These are things people do to avoid that problem and circumvent it.
    Instead of derailing, stay on topic. The reason i stated i prefered two hour abilities to one hour is exactly that. A two hour ability is better, the reason for the embrava nerf and perfect defense nerfs, are because they are already powerful two hour abilities and when the DEV decidied to change all two hours to one hour recast they said those two abilites will have to be nerfed because they would be even more overpowered as 1 hour abilites. Conclusion, if the recast time for an ability were longer than the ability itself can be greater, I.E. balance.

Instead, you chose to lecture about obvious stuff, like cor in adl fights, lmao, no shit.
    (0)
    Last edited by Concerned4FFxi; 03-27-2013 at 11:55 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kincard
    The reason I keep coming back to XI as opposed to other MMOs is because of the content's lastability. While it is true that many pieces are outdated with each patch, to this day there are many old pieces of gear that are still near top-tier if not the top-tier. It encourages you to explore the whole breadth of content rather than asking you to bumrush and bypass all the old content just so you can grind the newer content. This is a model used by other MMOs such as WoW, and while I don't have anything against people that enjoy this model, if I wanted to play an MMO with that model there are many, many games vast superior to XI in terms of mechanics and especially customer service that offer such a model.

Character
    Amaday
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kincard View Post
    Accusations of them not knowing how the game works isn't going to be treated with any credibility if you post in a way that makes it seem like you don't understand how ratio works. This isn't a "you will always take 100% more damage from here on" adjustment.
    1. Do you not read the DEV posts, I won't point out names, but one of the top programmers/leaders for 11 has stated he didn't beat maat and doesn't have a character at max level... I'd say that qualifies as not playing the game, don't you? (especially today were returning players can be at cap in a week or less)

2. I never said you will always take 100% more damage from here out, I said I noticed 25% increase/decrease from berserker/defender, and how insane an increase to 100% will be. And lets face it, if you noticed 25% your gonna feel 100% five rows back. like when someone you don't know gets kicked in the junk, and you feel it...

It's real simple, but you took my words, and twisted them. All I said was 100% is too much. I gave, what i thought was simple, a reference about how I notice the damage increase from berserker, as well as the damage taken increase. Based on this, I feel increasing ANY DAMAGE TAKEN to 100% it's current value, under ANY CONDITION, is too extreme and shows a lack of judgement on the DEV. My belief, as based upon their responses and personal statements made about thier own game play experiences lead me to believe this.
    (1)
    Last edited by Concerned4FFxi; 03-27-2013 at 11:51 PM.
    The reason I keep coming back to XI as opposed to other MMOs is because of the content's lastability. While it is true that many pieces are outdated with each patch, to this day there are many old pieces of gear that are still near top-tier if not the top-tier. It encourages you to explore the whole breadth of content rather than asking you to bumrush and bypass all the old content just so you can grind the newer content. This is a model used by other MMOs such as WoW, and while I don't have anything against people that enjoy this model, if I wanted to play an MMO with that model there are many, many games vast superior to XI in terms of mechanics and especially customer service that offer such a model.

Character
    Amaday
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Lastly, here we are minutes/hours before the update takes full effect, I'm curious as to what long term effect changing the attack/defense will do to the current balances:

STR Based WS are currently the most powerful (non-abyssea) weaponskill. Will this attack nerf further the gap between Str based modifying WS and other stat based WS.

Example, CDC is 60% Dex mod, well, I always tried to stack attack and accuracy on hnm, rather then trying to hit cap dex, now with the nerf is it even worth it to use stat modifiers in ws like the empyrean ones, were the modifiers are high, but not as high as a merited ws? I'm sure some dex will be required, but if you can get more bang for your buck by loading up attack....

I'll be the first to admit I'm not savy with numbers, but this is a concern I've illustrated it enough so that my point can be clearly made.

I don't see real application by the DEV here, I just see a modist reworking, so they can focus on "more important issues"
    (0)
    Last edited by Concerned4FFxi; 03-27-2013 at 11:42 PM.

Character
    Tennotsukai
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    So with the update, anyone know if there was a fix to certain blu spells/other ws's additional effects that do not function properly?

ex: barbed crescent.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Concerned4FFxi View Post
    A two hour ability is better, the reason for the embrava nerf and perfect defense nerfs, are because they are already powerful two hour abilities and when the DEV decidied to change all two hours to one hour recast they said those two abilites will have to be nerfed because they would be even more overpowered as 1 hour abilites. Conclusion, if the recast time for an ability were longer than the ability itself can be greater, I.E. balance.
    Yeah, no shit, the point in lowering their power at the same time as lowering their recast is because as a 1-hour recast you would be able to use to powerful of abilities to quickly in succession, but wait, we already do that with CORs and such anyways, so really its a balancing tactic as well. If you can not understand that then its your problem not mine, but I can assure you SE never intended us to do events relying on two jobs SP abilities while we bring 5 CORs to reset them when needed, that was all the player bases idea, and part of why it does need balanced. Basically your saying you prefer them leave them as they were because you get stronger abilities with no penalty at all because even though they set the higher timer, no one actually gives a damn about that timer when you can reset it anyways.
    (1)
    Last edited by Demon6324236; 03-28-2013 at 05:59 AM.

Character
    Bloodrainx
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    [*]Adjustments to Twilight Scythe
    As was mentioned in a previous post, we will be changing the weapon so that it is useless. So, by all means, just drop it now to clear some room in your inventory.
    That sounds about right.
    (4)

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I can assure you SE never intended us to do events relying on two jobs SP abilities while we bring 5 CORs to reset them when needed
    No, What they actually intended was for us to use a paladin to tank everything and for fights to last like 30 minutes. They never wanted us to Zerg anything. They come from a culture or mode of thinking where teaming up and fighting a nasty nm with a bunch of friends is the highlight of the game. They intended us to still be miles behind where we are now because they think we should be enjoying the game for the game play. Not the gear. Unfortunately for them, I want my shinies now. Not later.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankReynolds View Post
    No, What they actually intended was for us to use a paladin to tank everything and for fights to last like 30 minutes. They never wanted us to Zerg anything. They come from a culture or mode of thinking where teaming up and fighting a nasty nm with a bunch of friends is the highlight of the game. They intended us to still be miles behind where we are now because they think we should be enjoying the game for the game play. Not the gear. Unfortunately for them, I want my shinies now. Not later.
    Basically your saying you prefer them leave them as they were because you get stronger abilities with no penalty at all because even though they set the higher timer, no one actually gives a damn about that timer when you can reset it anyways.
    Lets just ask SE to make Tabula Rasa have a 6 hour recast, that way they can buff Embrava a ton so that it lasts like 20 minutes, then when we use Perpetuance and AF3+2 Gloves we can have Embrava for 50 minutes instead! Its not like we will be effected by the timer anyways since we just reset it after we use it.

No, the entire point in a recast is that you can not use the ability for a certain amount of time, in the case of SPs they are very powerful, and thus, a very long recast. Recast times are meant to be a penalty for the high powered ability, really we don't even go by 1-hour recasts as it is, the fact we spam them the way we do by reseting them is why they should have been nerfed anyways. When we can not reset them any more, then we can have back their old potency, because it will be balanced, till then, no.
    (1)

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 LastLast