Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Svetlana
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Like i mention in another post, this ability should be fix back to 100% acc like it once was if SE was really worried about nms being 1 shotted they should've made the ability work on reg mobs from worthwhile to very tough and just made nms immune to it i rather have 100% acc vs w ep dc ev t and vt and no affect on nms than miss miss miss. How is almost 1 shotting a regular mob or lets say a Very tough every 5 min or (15min if we still had the old timer) game breaking? even in exp pty it wouldn't do much. I would even not care if they gave us back the 15 min timer we had and make it like meteor stack wise, let us stack only up 2 6 SCH's. They nerft this ability cause we stacked it to do insane amounts of damage so they were like NO NO banned! but later on gave BLM the same ability which is meteor....stackable and does lots of damage how do they justify that? by their own laws meteor should not even exist, its the same thing, we had it first. If they were planning on giving our original ability to another job they should have compensated us with something awesome at the very least cause thats just messed up.

Wait and see all the people that are gonna follow this with meteor? i barely use mine or its hard to find 6 BLM's with it >< lmao thats not the point, you still got the option too do it still, and they took it away from us when they could've just made it so that less sch could stack it or simply make nms immune to it or make nm's only be affected by 1 MD at a time per Helix. instead they took our acc away from us to the point the ability is so useless might as well not use it to avoid the rage you will feel when it misses over and over or completely get resisted which is even worse so they took it away from us to just later on give to BLM's same gift different wrapping....contradiction after contradiction. it would have been fine to simply limit the number of sch's and make it just like Meteor even if only 3/6 SCH could stack on it but leave it @ full 100% acc power that would have not been game breaking.

So i say to SE unless you planning on getting us 100% acc once again and or limiting the number of SCH that can stack the ability to prevent abuse i say take away METEOR then ((((((BECAUSE BY YOUR OWN RULES))))) that spell does the same thing you said to us we could not do, the reason why you took such a useful ability and made it as useless as libra is right now. Meteor should not be allowed and it is so unfair you allowed BLM's to do the same thing you pretty much told us we couldn't do...... so i demand our ability back or an equal Meteor nerf make it miss just as much as MD at the very least to be fair to us SCH.
    (3)
    Last edited by V-1000; 08-17-2014 at 10:08 PM.

Character
    Thereaper
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by V-1000 View Post
    Like i mention in another post, this ability should be fix back to 100% acc like it once was if SE was really worried about nms being 1 shotted they should've made the ability work on reg mobs from worthwhile to very tough and just made nms immune to it i rather have 100% acc vs w ep dc ev t and vt and no affect on nms than miss miss miss. How is almost 1 shotting a regular mob or lets say a Very tough every 5 min or (15min if we still had the old timer) game breaking? even in exp pty it wouldn't do much. I would even not care if they gave us back the 15 min timer we had and make it like meteor stack wise, let us stack only up 2 6 SCH's. They nerft this ability cause we stacked it to do insane amounts of damage so they were like NO NO banned! but later on gave BLM the same ability which is meteor....stackable and does lots of damage how do they justify that? by their own laws meteor should not even exist, its the same thing, we had it first. If they were planning on giving our original ability to another job they should have compensated us with something awesome at the very least cause thats just messed up.

Wait and see all the people that are gonna follow this with meteor? i barely use mine or its hard to find 6 BLM's with it >< lmao thats not the point, you still got the option too do it still, and they took it away from us when they could've just made it so that less sch could stack it or simply make nms immune to it or make nm's only be affected by 1 MD at a time per Helix. instead they took our acc away from us to the point the ability is so useless might as well not use it to avoid the rage you will feel when it misses over and over or completely get resisted which is even worse so they took it away from us to just later on give to BLM's same gift different wrapping....contradiction after contradiction. it would have been fine to simply limit the number of sch's and make it just like Meteor even if only 3/6 SCH could stack on it but leave it @ full 100% acc power that would have not been game breaking.

So i say to SE unless you planning on getting us 100% acc once again and or limiting the number of SCH that can stack the ability to prevent abuse i say take away METEOR then ((((((BECAUSE BY YOUR OWN RULES))))) that spell does the same thing you said to us we could not do, the reason why you took such a useful ability and made it as useless as libra is right now. Meteor should not be allowed and it is so unfair you allowed BLM's to do the same thing you pretty much told us we couldn't do...... so i demand our ability back or an equal Meteor nerf make it miss just as much as MD at the very least to be fair to us SCH.
    while I agree they should have just added a cap on the number that could have been up at once... there are some flaws in your comparison....
    to start.... the growth rate between the 2 when you throw more people at it is different, each additional person after the first increases the base damage multiplier by 1.1 for meteor(atleast last i checked the known formula) while each additional modus multiplied the multiplier by 2, so on meteor the base damage gets multiplied by 1-6.5, with 6 people modus can multiply damage by 64, while the base damage for helixes is much lower, you could throw more sch at it, even ones just barely high enough level to have the ja, at 10 sch your multiplying damage by 1024, once you get to 18 sch all using it, your multiplying damage by 262144, at that point even a 10 damage helix would hit the damage cap, with a single cast of a spell that costs less than 100 mp,

they should have capped modus at 6 times or something instead of wrecking it like they did, but my point is before they changed it, they just needed enough naked sch lv 65+, meteor's limits are much harder to reach
    (0)

Character
    Svetlana
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    thats why i mention only allowing either up to 3 sch's to balance damage or simply allowing 1 sch per helix but keep 100% ACC i dont know much about damage mechanics between then 2 my argument was mainly about SE taking away our ability pretty much and then later giving something similar to another job without compensation or explanation on why is ok for BLM but not for SCH who's ability mechanics they copied paste. damage wise like i said i don't know and wasn't trying to compare that, was simply pointing out the fact that by SE own rules meteor shouldn't be allowed either even if it hits for less damage. why not lower the multiplying damage to same values or something like that, SE now has options to fix it but they simply don't want too/care too now we have 2 useless abilities MD and libra.....in the end SE does what they want so doubt will get it back but its sad for players like me who have been playing for as long as i have to see our ability get destroyed because someone found a way to exploited rather then limiting amount of SCH who could stack it or making nm those nms immune to it. i don't think SE thought about what this ability could do before they gave it to us, with so much updates and much more game knowledge i would have hope SE would have found a way to make it work like it was intended for us to use without being overkill/powered lowering the ACC the way they did wasn't the answer.

Regarding libra i dont see why SE release that either tbh maybe at 75 it would have been used more thou still useless with enmity info alone. if it showed the monsters hit point and or weaknesses/strong to what element along with emnity that would have been quite useful and kinda fitting of the job who relies on knowledge/strategies.
    (1)
    Last edited by V-1000; 08-19-2014 at 05:06 AM.

Character
    Windwhispering
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I agree its disheartening when i use Modus Vertias myself. I usually call it Modus Miss beacuse it NEVER lands on NM and very rarely on any other monster.

If SE is so concerned about multiple SCHs stacking the ability, why not make it that it can only be modified once?

As it is now, the ability might as well be removed entirely.
    (2)

Character
    Niflheim
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    I don't see why they didn't simply decrease the chance to land it with each MV landed 100% for the first and lowerin it by 16.6% for each one landed(thus meaning after landin 6 you have a 0% chance of landin MV not that your likely to even land many after the 3rd or 4th)

although with how hard we land helixs now 1k+ meanin if you land 3 MV's your dealing 8k for lets say 15 ticks(lost 3 landin the MV's for the sack of low ballin it) that's 120k dmg in 2min 15sec(889dps) that sounds kinda broken and exploitable. some ppl do say they land 2k helixs on Delve bosses that would mean they could potentioly deal 16k a tick 240k total 1778dps

i would still like this ability back :/ i liked it, from a solo stand point it is gold.
    (3)

Character
    Einalem
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Actually, Modus Veritas was never broken in the first place.
    It was a knee jerk nerf because their (at the time) pet Boss was at risk of being able to be killed in one Helix tic

Source

Not only was the nerf not necessary, it was overkill.
    Modus Veritas was actually already self balancing because of the timing window.
    (2)
    Last edited by Einalem; 08-22-2014 at 10:50 PM.

Character
    Niflheim
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Einalem View Post
    Actually, Modus Veritas was never broken in the first place.
    It was a knee jerk nerf because their (at the time) pet Boss was at risk of being able to be killed in one Helix tic

Source

Not only was the nerf not necessary, it was overkill.
    Modus Veritas was actually already self balancing because of the timing window.
    :x oh i totally forgot to account for the 75% duration on the numbers i did
    (0)

Character
    Zuidar
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Necro bumping to give my thoughts at the current times at this point of the game regarding Modus Veritas along with it's Job Point Category that enhances the effect of MV. This is disappointing to this day that nothing was ever done towards readdressing the main issue with landing Modus Veritas ever since they nerfed it over 5 years ago just because of an exploit. It's just miss a target left and right. And to have a Job Point Category added for something that almost always misses, it's really disappointing. I'd like to see Modus Veritas actually land very often and not miss at all. I find MV to be a waste of a job ability and a part of the Job Point Category slot because you miss all the time on NMs that you'd want to use it on
    (2)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuidar View Post
    Necro bumping to give my thoughts at the current times at this point of the game regarding Modus Veritas along with it's Job Point Category that enhances the effect of MV. This is disappointing to this day that nothing was ever done towards readdressing the main issue with landing Modus Veritas ever since they nerfed it over 5 years ago just because of an exploit. It's just miss a target left and right. And to have a Job Point Category added for something that almost always misses, it's really disappointing. I'd like to see Modus Veritas actually land very often and not miss at all. I find MV to be a waste of a job ability and a part of the Job Point Category slot because you miss all the time on NMs that you'd want to use it on
    Wasn't even really an exploit... it was how the ja is supposed to work and the timing of it made making it go to the theoretical insane lvls completely impossible. It was very difficult even getting 5 MVs down which did boost the dmg a bit but in this day and age of multiple mage jobs doing 99999 dmg MBs at the same time it's not exactly that crazy to have 1 strong helix tick. It's probably not even better than just doing T5 nukes. The nerf was never needed and now it just looks completely silly
    (3)
    Last edited by dasva; 07-25-2015 at 02:49 AM.

Character
    Zuidar
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Wasn't even really an exploit... it was how the ja is supposed to work and the timing of it made making it go to the theoretical insane lvls completely impossible. It was very difficult even getting 5 MVs down which did boost the dmg a bit but in this day and age of multiple mage jobs doing 99999 dmg MBs at the same time it's not exactly that crazy to have 1 strong helix tick. It's probably not even better than just doing T5 nukes. The nerf was never needed and now it just looks completely silly
    I agree that it does make it look silly, and at this point of the game, more than 5 years gone by and no change was made to the effects of Modus Veritas itself. They need readjust the accuracy of Modus Veritas back to where you'll land it without fail and then adjust it in some way after the first use of MV if multiple scholars try to stack it. With the Job Point Category "Modus Veritas Effect", they should have to consider the main issue regarding Modus Veritas's problem of constantly missing your target and have to make adjustments to it otherwise it's kinda of a wasted slot.
    (1)
    Last edited by Zuidar; 07-27-2015 at 05:29 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast