Thread: Random Deal

Player

Random Deal

When a COR uses Random Deal in a party, if party members have no abilities awaiting recast, it will say
    "Player(COR) uses Random Deal."
    "Player X evades."

Wouldn't it make more sense to say "has no effect"? Evade makes it seem like it's an offensive action.
    (3)

Ophannus,

Thanks for the post.

We had a dev boot up both the Japanese and English versions to test this out, but when using the ability without any other targets in the zone besides the caster and without using any abilities or spells beforehand, only the message "[caster] receives the effects of Random Deal" displayed. Also, the ability supposedly does not have a line specified to appear upon failure, so would it be possible for you to explain in more detail the circumstances that lead to having that message display?
    (0)

Character
    Quedari
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I've seen this occur as well. I don't have COR leveled so I can't verify what a COR sees. I do know that if I'm in party with a COR, if I don't have any job abilities that need resetting when the COR uses "Random Deal", I see the message "Quedari evades." It doesn't even say what I've evaded, just that I evaded something. Your testing is going to have to be done with a party of two or more people, because it's not the COR's message that's weird, it's the other players' message.
    Steps for the dev:
    1. Make a party with a COR and some other job.
    2. Make sure the random other job has all job ability timers at 0 (none counting down).
    3. Have the COR use "Random Deal".
    4. See the message "(random other job person) evades" on the random other job person's chat log.
    (2)
    Quedari: WHM BLM RDM SMN SCH BLU BRD RUN GEO
    Mykaell: BLM RDM WAR DNC WHM THF SCH RUN

Player
    Quedari beat me to it. I've never seen it occur if I'm the COR using the Job Ability Random Deal. The message only occurs if you're in the party with a Corsair, have no abilities waiting on recast and then are hit with a party member's Random Deal.
    (0)

Character
    Raksha
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ordostrillicus View Post
    Ophannus,

Thanks for the post.

We had a dev boot up both the Japanese and English versions to test this out, but when using the ability without any other targets in the zone besides the caster and without using any abilities or spells beforehand, only the message "[caster] receives the effects of Random Deal" displayed. Also, the ability supposedly does not have a line specified to appear upon failure, so would it be possible for you to explain in more detail the circumstances that lead to having that message display?

Doesnt sound like you had a second person in the party. I think the OP is saying the 2nd person gets the evade message, not the COR.
    (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    I want to say that there's a middle ground here but this isn't really middle ground. A lot of old systems were shit. Some new systems aren't much better. What's in the middle of shit and shit? More Shit. So no, I don't want a middle ground. I want something good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Landsoul View Post
    >Twilight Scythe is overpowered that's why we're nerfing it
    >Weapons with double damage compared to relic

LOGIC.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    \m/ (*.*) \m/ "THIS SOLUTION IS THE MOST METAL!" \m/ (*.*) \m/

Ophannus, Quedari, and Raksha,

Sorry for the misunderstanding and the late response, but we believe we have the problem fixed. I also regret to inform you that it will not be reflected in the next version update, but should be fixed around the same time Seekers of Adoulin is released.

Thanks for your patience, and may you prosper in the new year!
    (1)

Player
    Sorry for the late reply.

Pic included, for great justice!

(0)
    Last edited by Ophannus; 03-14-2013 at 11:51 AM.