Dev Team

Spring Greetings from Localization

Dear dedicated members of this forum,

Salutations to those of you who frequent our humble abode, both posters and lurkers alike.

The localization team has been hunkering down over the past few months to bring you Seekers of Adoulin content in all its glory, and as such we have been unable to reply to this forum as often as we would have liked. For that, we apologize.

Rest assured, though, that we have taken stock of the issues you have presented us in terms of errors, suggestions, and concerns, and have done our utmost to ensure that they will be fixed when Seekers of Adoulin goes live later this month. We have managed to track down every bug bar one--the atmacite of the slayer, which we are unable to reproduce--thanks to your diligent efforts and support. On behalf of the team, I would like to express our gratitude.

In a few short weeks, Seekers of Adoulin will go live, bringing with it the continent of Ulbuka, a new take on the world through the colonization system, the geomancer and rune fencer jobs, and a host of new quest, mission, and battle content. We hope that you will enjoy the stories we have worked to put forth and, as always, we will ceaselessly strive to improve your play experience.

Yours,

Unelonborro
    Localization Team
    (18)

Player
    You guys are grammatical and literary wizards. Keep up the amazing work. All the little things you do with your translations to add a unique feel to each NPC is fantastic. You guys truly go the extra mile with things like NPCs' speech impediments/rhyming styles and of course who could forget the witty and deliciously clever food descriptions. <3
    (4)

Character
    Ziyyigotipyigo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    All the little things you do with your translations to add a unique feel to each NPC is fantastic.
    Except Mayakov.
    (5)
    Nothing in the above post is intended to disparage Square Enix or FINAL FANTASY XI, or to criticize Square Enix staff; such behavior would be a violation of the FINAL FANTASY XI User Agreement. Any such violations of the FINAL FANTASY XI User Agreement should be reported to Square Enix immediately, by using the "Report Post" icon in the bottom-left of forum posts.

No Moogles were harmed in the making in this post. Stars save the Sibyl!

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziyyigo-Tipyigo View Post
    Except Mayakov.
    Jutht maybe Mayakov is a firtht generation immigrant from the thmalletht of lithleth where they lithp even thilent th'th becauthe hith ithland home wath thomehow reduced to the tinietht thpeckth of debrith.
    (6)

Character
    Gaspee
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    You guys are grammatical and literary wizards. Keep up the amazing work. All the little things you do with your translations to add a unique feel to each NPC is fantastic. You guys truly go the extra mile with things like NPCs' speech impediments/rhyming styles and of course who could forget the witty and deliciously clever food descriptions. <3
    I absolutely agree. I would also like to add that Localization's response to player feedback is both prompt and thorough. Thank you all for your hard work. <(_ _)>

As an aside, I would love to have a "Lore" forum, much like FFXIV! Localization must know the stories inside and out!
    (0)

A big thanks to Kingfury for my signature!

Character
    Rosalee
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    I love you guys, I'm looking forward to more lore posts and stuff!
    (0)
    Current Quest Counter: 2109!