Character
    Sephiran
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99

Divine Emblem Recast

Blue Mages get to use Unbridled Learning every five minutes. This gives them access to a gamut of very powerful spells; however, paladins must wait twice as long to reuse Divine Emblem, and that is to employ spells that aren't as even as potent.

May we please receive a five minute recast timer to Divine Emblem? It would be a simple and easy gesture that many paladins would greatly appreciate.
    (13)

Character
    Zagen
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    I like this idea, that said using Chain Affinity and Burst Affinity both of which give similar effects to Divine Emblem.

Oh and those are on 2 minute recasts without merits so even better argument
    (3)

Character
    Ziyyigotipyigo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 1
    If they ever get around to fixing enmity/tanking, this would probably make PLD a little too overpowered.
    (1)
    Nothing in the above post is intended to disparage Square Enix or FINAL FANTASY XI, or to criticize Square Enix staff; such behavior would be a violation of the FINAL FANTASY XI User Agreement. Any such violations of the FINAL FANTASY XI User Agreement should be reported to Square Enix immediately, by using the "Report Post" icon in the bottom-left of forum posts.

No Moogles were harmed in the making in this post. Stars save the Sibyl!

Player
    BLU is a more magey than PLD is, notice the MP pool. It makes sense that BLU would have a shorter recast because their job revolves almost completely around their magic(conceptually/design standpoint) whereas PLD is more melee/tanky with a slight magic component, but that magic is mostly meant to protect and heal others and to lightly disable/draw attention from mobs.
    (0)

Character
    Zagen
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    BLU is a more magey than PLD is, notice the MP pool. It makes sense that BLU would have a shorter recast because their job revolves almost completely around their magic(conceptually/design standpoint) whereas PLD is more melee/tanky with a slight magic component, but that magic is mostly meant to protect and heal others and to lightly disable/draw attention from mobs.
    Sorry I read this:
    PLD revolves around tanking and making sure they keep enmity as high as possible (or this is what it's supposed to be anyway) thus having a shorter recast on an ability that increases it's ability to gain/regain enmity makes sense.

In most situations the more a BLU casts the lower it's overall damage potential becomes. So no it's not necessarily "more magey". This even further weakens the argument you're trying to make.
    (2)

Character
    Ferney
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    All i can say,is yes,it needs lowered!! That would be more than ok with me,and in no way would this break Paladin in anyway...Just saying.
    (0)

Character
    Ferney
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    I also believe the MP cost should be lowered for holly II.Just toss in that out there.
    (0)

Character
    Jeremi
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by fernando View Post
    All i can say,is yes,it needs lowered!! That would be more than ok with me,and in no way would this break Paladin in anyway...Just saying.
    I agree. To be honest I think it should be on the same recast as our Flash Spell, that way we could consistently use it with our other Divine Spells to make them more worthwhile.
    (1)