Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Player
    Quote Originally Posted by nyheen View Post
    wow someone remember pso? i didn think it was still going. last time i played was on the dreamcast o.o
    PSO2 just came out in Japan within the last year I think and is coming out in other countries in the next year or so.
    (0)

Character
    Aubinann
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 74
    But anyway, anyone really pumped at the idea of an offline FFXI?
    I do think the question has to be asked, after 10 years, how can we expect to have a piece of FFXI history? Will there eventually be some way in which we can hold onto our characters for offline?
    (3)

Player
    I am curious about the same thing, this is so far the only Final Fantasy that will be gone once its gone besides the original FFXIV. It would be a shame to lose such a well developed world and story simply because there are not enough subscribers any more and the game gets shut down. Any other Final Fantasy currently you can slap in your old console and relive the game, but this one it seems will simply die, and unless they do something like that, it will be gone forever with no way to relive it once again.
    (4)

Character
    Horadrim
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon6324236 View Post
    I am curious about the same thing, this is so far the only Final Fantasy that will be gone once its gone besides the original FFXIV. It would be a shame to lose such a well developed world and story simply because there are not enough subscribers any more and the game gets shut down. Any other Final Fantasy currently you can slap in your old console and relive the game, but this one it seems will simply die, and unless they do something like that, it will be gone forever with no way to relive it once again.
    Agreed.

I feel like all of the PSvita FFXI talking is something that will be playable offline or adhoc. I really really want a mostly pure FFXI experience that I can keep post server shutdown (2-5 years at the most, it seems like). Just like I'm revisiting old RPGs like Chrono Trigger right now, I'd like to be able to revisit this down the line as well.
    (0)

Character
    Horadrim
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon6324236 View Post
    PSO2 just came out in Japan within the last year I think and is coming out in other countries in the next year or so.
    Its coming out on PS Vita later this year, I believe.

I played PSO on GameCube when it was released as Phantasy Star Online Episode I & II. I also played Phantasy Star Online: Blue Burst (Episode 4) for a short while before getting bored.
    (0)

Player
    I admit it would take a lot of work on SE's part I am sure, but I know a ton of fans would love if after the game goes down SE would go back and remake FFXI in a single player form. It would allow them to release it as a finished standalone game, they could work out any problems from the current game that online creates, use a Gambit system much like FFXII's but more advanced for the newer consoles, and let us play it alone while getting party members in the game. A redesign of some parts and fixing things in the story to line up better with others for any plot holes that were ever created, enhancing drop rates on certain things, making some NMs easier, but overall keeping the game intact while making it a standalone game.

I think it could work at least, I mean FFXII was one of the best games on PS2 in my opinion and it was basically a standalone version of FFXI which was single player but not related, there were obvious changes all over because it was a different game, but it was still similar. Systems like the hunts from FFXII could be used for NMs out in the field of FFXI's offline game, NPCs could be much more instructive on where to go and what to do, the story more streamlined rather than being somewhat a side activity as it is today. But overall maintaining a lot of the FFXI feel. Party members could be done in a number of ways, either allowing you to level them as extra characters which you can play and evolve yourself just like your own, leveling up their separate jobs as well, or they could make it so that its NPCs in the game who join you and fight by your side, much like Phantasy Star's partner card system.
    (3)

Character
    Toadie
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    I feel that even if they were to make and release an offline version of FFXI as a seperate disc to purchase, I would buy it happily.
    (3)
    Each person is an individual being, capable of independent thought and unique emotion, deserving respect, dignity, and compassion in all things, at all times, and in all places.

To do anything else denies the self of its humanity.

Character
    Aubinann
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 74
    Who wouldn't?!
    Give me an offline version of XI where I can hire other players for parties, charge me a lot of money for it, I don't care (lol) - I'll buy it.
    (3)

Character
    Horadrim
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    I made a petition: http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/ffxioffline

They don't usually do anything, but it worked for Dark Souls, right? Worth a shot.

Maybe if they know there's money in it they'll consider it.
    (0)
    Somewhere in space... this could be happening right now.

Character
    Luvbunny
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Maybe they can release this ad hoc mode when they decide to plug the servers from FFXI so you can take your hard worked characters and their accomplishment and continue playing it. Like a swan song compilation disc, and they can do it Monster Hunter style, which is very possible. Vita just does not have good games to justify the purchase at this point.
    (2)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast