Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Mokeil
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

Cut-scene Theatre

The discussion going on over in the Religion in Vana'diel thread has got me interested in going back to watch all of the old CoP cut-scenes again. The only thing holding me back is that they're spread out across the whole dang world, and in no particular order. Re-watching them all in order would be a huge pain.

Towards that end, I'm curious how many other people would be interested in a unified place you could go to in order to re-watch all your previous cut-scenes. Missions, quests, you name it. FFXI has told some pretty epic stories throughout the years, and I think its a shame that there's a ton of effort required in order to go relive some of those memories.

Maybe if we get enough interest, the Dev Team will take a look at implementing it for us. Or at the very least, we can get a very nicely-worded yet definitive, "Sorry, but no," and I'll know to tell my LS mates not to expect me for anything for the next week and a half while I wander the world reliving my past.
    (36)

Character
    Ziyyigotipyigo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokeil View Post
    The only thing holding me back is that they're spread out across the whole dang world, and in no particular order. Re-watching them all in order would be a huge pain.
    Sacrificial Chamber gets (dis)honorable mention.

Towards that end, I'm curious how many other people would be interested in a unified place you could go to in order to re-watch all your previous cut-scenes.
    Maybe if there were a way to rewatch events from the comfort of our inn rooms Mog Houses, like a certain other MMO...
    (4)
    Nothing in the above post is intended to disparage Square Enix or FINAL FANTASY XI, or to criticize Square Enix staff; such behavior would be a violation of the FINAL FANTASY XI User Agreement. Any such violations of the FINAL FANTASY XI User Agreement should be reported to Square Enix immediately, by using the "Report Post" icon in the bottom-left of forum posts.

No Moogles were harmed in the making in this post. Stars save the Sibyl!

Character
    Metaking
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    i have to give this one a hardy third >.>/
    (0)

Character
    Aubinann
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 74
    Final Fantasy XIV has a great feature where you can do this in your house..
    Just sayin'..*

(* That's not me saying that XIV is better or anything - just that it's implementing some good stuff that the XI team should pay attention to. I'm not even going to leave for XIV. XI and DQX keep me busy enough thanks!)
    (0)

Character
    Teraniku
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I so want this, maybe make it a room or an actual theatre in Adoulin or something...
    (0)

Character
    Mokeil
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Teraniku View Post
    I so want this, maybe make it a room or an actual theatre in Adoulin or something...
    Exactly what I figured! While they're adding all sorts of new areas, it wouldn't be hard to tuck something into an unused corner. Even given that I think cut-scene data is stored on a by-zone basis, there are still a few options that will work, if the programers are willing to get creative.
    (0)

Including the opening FMV. Make it like Luca :P
    (1)

Player
    I got a suspicion all cutscene scripts are tied to their respective zone, which if that's a case, it means it wouldn't be possible to do what you're requesting without a whole load of manual work and testing to ensure it doesn't bust the cutscenes as they already are.
    (0)

Character
    Ziyyigotipyigo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 1
    On the other hand, there are already several cutscenes that move the player to a different area for the duration of the cutscene.
    (0)
    Nothing in the above post is intended to disparage Square Enix or FINAL FANTASY XI, or to criticize Square Enix staff; such behavior would be a violation of the FINAL FANTASY XI User Agreement. Any such violations of the FINAL FANTASY XI User Agreement should be reported to Square Enix immediately, by using the "Report Post" icon in the bottom-left of forum posts.

No Moogles were harmed in the making in this post. Stars save the Sibyl!

Character
    Sephiran
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    I would like to extend this idea to include the battlefields linked to cutscenes. One of my most glorious moments was soloing Promathia. I should like to relive it.
    (0)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast