Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Warrior's "Defender" merits

Heyo I just noticed that Defender is merit-able, and it it reduces recast time by six seconds each merit.. But even without merits, Defender is usable as soon as the effect is up!
    Can we have a different merit in that spot?
    (4)
    It's important to hold onto your dreams.. Even if it means staying half-asleep.
    -rd

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Oi, don't mess with my WAR merits.
    (0)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by radicaldreamer View Post
    Can we have a different merit in that spot?
    Okay, you can have a Defender duration merit instead!
    (5)

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    Okay, you can have a Defender duration merit instead!
    Or better merits that enhances it's effect like how LR merits work. 2% per level so you can get +35% defense -35% attack .... :trollface:
    (3)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelix
    Ragnarok's aftermath is only 5% crit rate, even with lv99, so there's almost no point in using Scourge, you just spam Resolution. Even then you become just a boring meathead DD.

Apoc with both Catastrophe and Entropy gives you crazy sustain of both HP and MP. With the Haste aftermath you can wear a ton of -PDT and solo almost any 75 content.
    Doing damage is for WAR's, DRK is about soloing 75 content yo.....

Character
    Luvbunny
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I think the merit should be damage reduction physical and magical, gives 15% total fully merited that stack with other bonus so you can blood tank and deal a little bit more damage than Paladin
    (0)

Character
    Ziyyigotipyigo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 1
    That reminds me: the game could use a text command to cancel status effects (e.g. Defender), so that cancelling it can be macro'd.
    (5)
    Nothing in the above post is intended to disparage Square Enix or FINAL FANTASY XI, or to criticize Square Enix staff; such behavior would be a violation of the FINAL FANTASY XI User Agreement. Any such violations of the FINAL FANTASY XI User Agreement should be reported to Square Enix immediately, by using the "Report Post" icon in the bottom-left of forum posts.

No Moogles were harmed in the making in this post. Stars save the Sibyl!

Quote Originally Posted by radicaldreamer View Post
    Defender is usable as soon as the effect is up!
    Not that I agree with it, but I believe the reasoning is that you can then cancel Defender more often to make it not hurt your WSs. Or something.
    (1)

i dunno, isn't this kind of a non problem? i mean... between double attack and berserk merits, what does a war have left to spend on defender?

hell, even if they raised the cap: aggressor.

maybe if the def changes matter this would be worth revisiting but as it is now, bad defender merits are like a blessing in disguise. double attack and berserk are so good that it's like... thank god we can just ignore the others, right?
    (4)

Character
    Aisaka
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Doombringer View Post
    i dunno, isn't this kind of a non problem? i mean... between double attack and berserk merits, what does a war have left to spend on defender?

hell, even if they raised the cap: aggressor.

maybe if the def changes matter this would be worth revisiting but as it is now, bad defender merits are like a blessing in disguise. double attack and berserk are so good that it's like... thank god we can just ignore the others, right?
    Not that I could see Warriors ever meritting Defender, the merit system is pointless if everyone is making the same decision because it's the only good one. The devs really need to make meritting jobs more of a choice, and meritting other things [Weapon Skills] less of a choice.
    (2)
    /人 ‿‿ 人\

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Kari View Post
    Not that I could see Warriors ever meritting Defender, the merit system is pointless if everyone is making the same decision because it's the only good one. The devs really need to make meritting jobs more of a choice, and meritting other things [Weapon Skills] less of a choice.
    I'd love a revamp of tier I merits similar to what happened to tier II merits, to make them less of a complete and total idiot-check and more of an actual choice.

Maybe this is just the absurdist view I've developed about certain parts of FFXI, but I think it would be weird if just Warrior (or any one job's) tier I merits changed. Right now, almost all tier I merits are very consistent in being idiot checks so at least there's consistency across the board.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast