Character
    Feenee
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 27

Getting back into FFXI on 360

Hello,

a couple of friends and I have decided to revive our ffxi accounts on xbox and I had a problem someone might be able to help me with...

I originally owned a copy of the Vana'diel Collection, but no longer have it in my possession. My friends still have it so I am able to install without an issue. However, once I'm done installing they'll need it back so I'm looking for an alternate method of running the game.

First of all, I'm 98% sure this is a dumb question, but I'm going for it anyway: Is it possible to run FFXI without the disk? I mean, its 2013, the majority of the game is saved to the hard drive. It doesn't seem like an unrealistic option, but I understand if this isn't in the cards.

My second question would be can I run the game using a different disk than the version that is installed to my xbox? I.E. I'm installing using the Vana'diel Collection, but if I were able to get my hands on the copy "Final Fantasy XI: Chains of Promathia, Rise Of The Zilart, Treasures of Aht Urhgan" could I run it that way? Its significantly less expensive, even used.

Or if anyone could recommend a place where I could find an affordable used disk that I could use to run the game, I would be quite grateful.

Thanks for reading and any advice is greatly appreciated.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrfeenee View Post
    Hello,

a couple of friends and I have decided to revive our ffxi accounts on xbox and I had a problem someone might be able to help me with...

I originally owned a copy of the Vana'diel Collection, but no longer have it in my possession. My friends still have it so I am able to install without an issue. However, once I'm done installing they'll need it back so I'm looking for an alternate method of running the game.

First of all, I'm 98% sure this is a dumb question, but I'm going for it anyway: Is it possible to run FFXI without the disk? I mean, its 2013, the majority of the game is saved to the hard drive. It doesn't seem like an unrealistic option, but I understand if this isn't in the cards.

My second question would be can I run the game using a different disk than the version that is installed to my xbox? I.E. I'm installing using the Vana'diel Collection, but if I were able to get my hands on the copy "Final Fantasy XI: Chains of Promathia, Rise Of The Zilart, Treasures of Aht Urhgan" could I run it that way? Its significantly less expensive, even used.

Or if anyone could recommend a place where I could find an affordable used disk that I could use to run the game, I would be quite grateful.

Thanks for reading and any advice is greatly appreciated.
    You can not run it without the disk. You can run it using any FFXI disk for Xbox so far as I know however I would advise against getting the game right now, on the 26th of this month the new expansion comes out as well as a full collection with all of the expansions and the game, meaning you will also get all of the add-ons you are currently missing as well as the new expansion, the total price is 40 dollars for the full thing.

This is a link to Final Fantasy XI:Ultimate Collection Seekers Edition for Xbox 360 on Amazon.
    (1)