Character
    Weesol
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99

CoP "Dawn" Set to Current Quest, Is also completed, Can't flag "Storms of Fate"

My Wife and I were transferred from Ramuh, but were not active players at the time. We reactivated recently.

We were going to attempt to complete the "Storms of Fate" Quest. We currently each have our rings (Tamas for her, Rajas for me).

In order to flag Storms of Fate, I am supposed to enter the Audience Chamber in Ru'Lude Gardens. I am unable to do so at this time.

Dawn shows Completed, but it also shows current. Is this a bug of some sort from the transfer?
    (0)

Character
    Dragmagi
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Have you cleared zilart mission lines?
    (0)

Character
    Ziyyigotipyigo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 1
    In general, "Dawn" will always be listed as "current" until you get onto "The Last Verse." To make sure you are really, really, truly done, go to the Goblin Footprint in Lufaise Meadows at (K-8) (right by the Swirling Vortex from Valkurm Dunes) and see if you are able to replay the event "The Chains Fall Free(pt.2)." If not, you're missing some post-battle NPC dialog, potentially a lot of it.

Note to above responder: Rise of the Zilart completion isn't necessary for Storms of Fate, only for what comes after.

Note to S-E: This right here is why the in-game quest and mission logs need to be made more robust.
    (3)
    Nothing in the above post is intended to disparage Square Enix or FINAL FANTASY XI, or to criticize Square Enix staff; such behavior would be a violation of the FINAL FANTASY XI User Agreement. Any such violations of the FINAL FANTASY XI User Agreement should be reported to Square Enix immediately, by using the "Report Post" icon in the bottom-left of forum posts.

No Moogles were harmed in the making in this post. Stars save the Sibyl!

Character
    Ziyyigotipyigo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 1
    Oh, you already said you had your reward ring, so that should indicate that you're really done.

"Dawn" is a mission. "Storms of Fate" is a quest. Since you said you've been away for a while, it's possible you've already flagged it. Check your open Jeuno quests.
    (0)
    Nothing in the above post is intended to disparage Square Enix or FINAL FANTASY XI, or to criticize Square Enix staff; such behavior would be a violation of the FINAL FANTASY XI User Agreement. Any such violations of the FINAL FANTASY XI User Agreement should be reported to Square Enix immediately, by using the "Report Post" icon in the bottom-left of forum posts.

No Moogles were harmed in the making in this post. Stars save the Sibyl!

Character
    Spirachub
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    reward ring != complete quest. I personally got my rajas ring and did not do the rest of the CS - there are still some after the reward ring. So the poster should do what Ziyyigo said and make sure you got the CSs
    (1)

WeeSol, are you still experiencing issues in triggering Storms of Fate?
    (0)

Character
    Anonymous
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Dear OP,

Have you viewed the final cutscenes of the Promathia storyline? You need to molest the door on the third floor of the Safehold and then go to Blueblade Fell before Storms of Fate can be triggered.
    (0)

Character
    Weesol
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    We did solve it. Ultimately, we found that we had actually completed Storms of Fate. (Found it in Jeuno Completed Quests).

We were trying to Flag Shadows of the Departed, to prepare ourselves for an Apocalypse Nigh run (For the nice earrings).

The problem was a missing cutscene in Jeuno, Tenshodo Headquarters, with Aldo, for the end of Awakening in Rise of the Zilart. That quest is completed now, so next week we should be able to flag "Shadows of the Departed".

Thanks for all the suggestions, especially the two about checking the cutscenes at the Goblin footprints, and checking that we had also completed Zilart.
    (0)