Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Rocl
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 90

Can I get a higher tier Cure?

Pleeeeeeease. I hate having to level WHM to play a healer! I guess, if the focus moves outside Abyssea it might change, but man, c'mon. ;;
    (1)

Player
    No, you may not.

That would just make white mage obsolete again.
    (1)
    Last edited by Fievel; 03-08-2011 at 05:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fievel View Post
    No, you may not.

That would just make white mage obsolete again.
    Because Regen IV, Cure VI, Raise III, Cureskin, capped Cure potency, quick and easy removal of status effects, top-tier bar-spells, Sacrifice, and Repose don't exist.

It is no contest between WHM, RDM, and SCH when it comes to top-tier healing abilities, as someone who has all three of them at 90, I think that WHM could spare Cure V and still be fairly awesome.
    (0)

Character
    Aerolite
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    I agree. Cure V wouldn't kill WHMs! Make it only usable under addendum: white if you have to!
    (1)

Character
    Darknightleo
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    With the increased need for enmity control these days cure IV isn't cutting it for any of the jobs that play healer a lot.
    Please at least give SCH a cure V. It is something everyone has been wanting and needing since Abyssea came out.
    (0)
    Proud Pupil to the great Valefor Galka Stalker Brielle.

Character
    Jullias
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 91
    OMG please please give us a higher tier cure, i feel like sch atm is a little lost in the middle D:
    (0)

Character
    Agarak
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 90
    Yeah! It´s not fun to throw in a cure after almost each enamy attack landed. After 2-3 cure IV I get hate and when the tank can´t get it back in time everyone have to run for his life. Of course WHM should still be the non-plus-ultra healing-wise but giving SCH and RDM Cure V wont break it. There are so many other things where WHM exceeds.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Septimus View Post
    Because Regen IV, Cure VI, Raise III, Cureskin, capped Cure potency, quick and easy removal of status effects, top-tier bar-spells, Sacrifice, and Repose don't exist.

It is no contest between WHM, RDM, and SCH when it comes to top-tier healing abilities, as someone who has all three of them at 90, I think that WHM could spare Cure V and still be fairly awesome.
    Regen IV > Useless when you can spam heals with no regards to MP.

Raise III > Useless when exp's value is at a record low. Who cares when you can regain that in 20 seconds?

Capped Cure Potency > RDM and SCH can already reach very high levels, around 35% (Magian staff 22%, serp set 5%, shantotto legs 5%, moogle exp hat 3%) I am sure more items will be added as well. Difference of 15% cure potency, not too huge of a gap.

Sacrifice > Rarely ever used... especially due to speed of stat removals

Status removal> SCH can do this already and rdm can too if sub whm.

Repose > Fairly useless, not many mobs resist dark based sleep that you will always fight.

I personally think giving SCH cure5 is fine, but RDM would overshadow WHM again pretty easily. Capped fast cast/recast timer on a Cure5 from a RDM ontop of its utility with Slow/para/dia3 would shadow WHM again.
    (0)

Character
    Niniann
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Enmity generation should really be the least of your concerns. SCH has access to a plethora of -Enmity gear if it so chooses. The only reason SCH should gain access to Cure V is to have a more potent cure that they can alternate with IV.

Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    Sacrifice > Rarely ever used... especially due to speed of stat removals
    It's still the only ability that removes Zombie/ST-20.
    (0)
    Last edited by Ninian; 03-08-2011 at 07:19 PM.

How many mobs in the game even have that status affliction? It isn't terribly useful was my point.
    (0)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast