Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Character
    Niniann
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    How many mobs in the game even have that status affliction? It isn't terribly useful was my point.
    Two off the top of my head that can actually have the status removed. Not incredibly useful unless more mobs in the future have that ability~ It was still an oversight.
    (0)

Character
    Yukichibi
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Cure V is not really needed in abyssea, at least to bomb cure 1 Tank (usually a mnk or thf), you can do it without it as a sch but you need skill (statagems, sch specifics spells) and stuff (korin obi + aurorastorm, cure potency, enmity -) where whm just need his cure spells.
    IMO, the thing that makes the real difference is cureskin and whm capacity to heal more than 1 people without tanking a lot enmity (cure V + VI).
    (0)

I don't care too much for higher Cure. Maybe a higher Cure tier that also add's regen on cure (to be unique).
    SE, please just take us outside abyssea once again and all should be fine.
    (0)

Scholar has the means to make their Cure IV's extremely potent as it is and we're also able to mess around with the enmity it gives so I think a giving us Cure V could in some ways over shadow White Mage. Perhaps if it is accessible through Addendum: White and only able to be used with Penury and Alacrity (not Rapture or Accession D: as it is currently) maybe it would be presented to our spell list without unbalancing what seems to be the white mages' healing niche.
    (0)

Character
    Hiroshiko
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 90
    I'm a bit on the fence about giving SCH (and probably RDM) a higher tier Cure. I play both WHM and SCH, so personally I can attest to the fact that inside Abyssea Cure IV is usually not enough for larger NMs. However, outside Abyssea (there are things to do outside :P) Cure VI is overkill. There would need to be a way to balance Cures so that jobs are not overshadowed inside and outside. Cure V plays a happy medium since it's very low enmity and the MP cost isn't ridiculous, but would it tip the balance if SCH and RDM had access to it? Personally, I think the Cure formula needs to be revamped so that Healing Magic skill has more of an effect than it does now, in addition to making skill ups easier.
    (0)

Player
    SCH with Cure V would be somewhat overpowered (iirc with correct gear/etc SCH Cure V would beat WHM Cure VI), considering it gains less enmity than Cure IV.
    Just change Cure V and VI to having regular enmity gain (as in more than Cure VIs) and slap a Job Trait on WHM that reduces Cure Enmity gain and I'd have no problems with SCH (and even RDM) getting Cure V.
    (0)

Character
    Kegsay
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Well, hate for Cure V in particular differently than other cures, giving 400CE and 700VE static, regardless of how much you cure for.

For 'game balance', you could easily remove this static amount so Cure V for SCH works on a normal basis. Cure calcs on a target of Lv75 were:

CE = 40/55 * HP Cured
    VE = 240/55 * HP Cured

So assuming Cure V does roughly 900 HP, that would be CE=654 VE=3927, which is an enormous amount, but would definitely promote the use of Enmity- gear.
    (0)

Character
    Kasandaro
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    Scholar has the means to make their Cure IV's extremely potent as it is and we're also able to mess around with the enmity it gives so I think a giving us Cure V could in some ways over shadow White Mage. Perhaps if it is accessible through Addendum: White and only able to be used with Penury and Alacrity (not Rapture or Accession D: as it is currently) maybe it would be presented to our spell list without unbalancing what seems to be the white mages' healing niche.
    Some thoughts. Going by what I use in Abyssea, my Cure IVs will do 614 (once I finish Surya's +2). Every 48s, I can push that to 982 with Rapture (once I finish the Hat +2). But I don't have a spell to alternate with, if I'm needing to bomb, especially after an AoE.

My WHM can shellac out Cure Vs for 1000+ every 6s. And can alternate that with Cure IV and Cure VI*, as well as Cura II, Curaga II, III, and IV.

And it's not even enmity that's the issue to me. WHM Curespam is ridic low on enmity, because of the way V and VI work and the stupid amount of -enm WHM gets (on top of MM). But they will still eventually get to the top of the hate list. SCH, if they're bending their curve with Augeo, Minuo, and -enm gear, doesn't take notably faster to get there. Abyssea fights are either over so fast, enmity's not an issue, or they're so long that everyone's going to have capped CE.

I think that's what bothers me - the lack of an "ohsh" button. There's many times in Abyssea (exp parties, farming) that SCH is fine, is enough. But there are so many mobs that are capable of dropping ridiculous amounts of damage that SCH really can't keep up with normal HP, let alone on a tank with 4000+ HP. We're still fine outside of Abyssea, but inside, we really don't have an panic button, while WHM has, what, six?

(We're still better off than RDM, though.)

Maybe give us an ability like Addendum (called Apocrypha?) that adds more spells to the Grimoire, but it's only active for a single cast (or more, with high merits).

*wasteful spell - hp/mp is worse than Cure II at this point, and I haven't heard of anyone finding a hard cap yet.
    (0)

Character
    Raksha
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasandaro View Post
    Some thoughts. Going by what I use in Abyssea, my Cure IVs will do 614 (once I finish Surya's +2). Every 48s, I can push that to 982 with Rapture (once I finish the Hat +2). But I don't have a spell to alternate with, if I'm needing to bomb, especially after an AoE.

My WHM can shellac out Cure Vs for 1000+ every 6s. And can alternate that with Cure IV and Cure VI*, as well as Cura II, Curaga II, III, and IV.

And it's not even enmity that's the issue to me. WHM Curespam is ridic low on enmity, because of the way V and VI work and the stupid amount of -enm WHM gets (on top of MM). But they will still eventually get to the top of the hate list. SCH, if they're bending their curve with Augeo, Minuo, and -enm gear, doesn't take notably faster to get there. Abyssea fights are either over so fast, enmity's not an issue, or they're so long that everyone's going to have capped CE.

I think that's what bothers me - the lack of an "ohsh" button. There's many times in Abyssea (exp parties, farming) that SCH is fine, is enough. But there are so many mobs that are capable of dropping ridiculous amounts of damage that SCH really can't keep up with normal HP, let alone on a tank with 4000+ HP. We're still fine outside of Abyssea, but inside, we really don't have an panic button, while WHM has, what, six?

(We're still better off than RDM, though.)

Maybe give us an ability like Addendum (called Apocrypha?) that adds more spells to the Grimoire, but it's only active for a single cast (or more, with high merits).

*wasteful spell - hp/mp is worse than Cure II at this point, and I haven't heard of anyone finding a hard cap yet.

Even outside abyssea in events like dynamis i can feel the utility of cure4 waning, inside abyssea it's no contest: you need a decent 2nd cure to alternate spam. even with buttloads of fastcast atma i can't do back-to-back cure4s (and dont get me started on cure3)
    (0)

I think the main point to consider is that even a DNC is a better healer than a SCH or RDM right now. SCH needs the overage of HP return to be useful against most end-game NMs. As is, we are only passable to do xp party cures.
    (0)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast