Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    Character
    Rustic
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahamut View Post
    After sleeping, what you said about "it would start costing money to start doing new major upgrades", A thought hit me. I thought, there is starting to be alot of major things you can't upgrade in FFXI without it costing alot of money now. Why not use the FFXIV game engine and copy/paste our entire world onto the FFXIV game engine, and then transfer all of our characters over to it. On top of having a FFXIV rebirth, lets have a FFXI rebirth also.
    That wouldn't be a rebirth, it'd be an execution.

There's a lot that could be done to update the FFXI engine into FFXI-2, though. Making the baseline standards for modern PC's/PS3/XBox, including data transfer and all else would leave the devs considerably less constrained in developing the game further.

Then just give us "legacy" items to pass over to the new accounts that increase in power as the character does, whether simply as a reflection of the character's job levels or as a series of upgrade quests.

Say, if you'd done Warrior to 99, you'd transfer over with a "Old Rusty Greataxe" that's Rare/Ex, Lv1 with modestly nice stats for a L1 character- the equivalent of a decent DMG/Delay with STR+1 or something. But at 10th, you find some nice Moogle in town who can polish it up. Now it's a good L10 Greataxe with better stats. L20, someone in the area you're leveling up in offers to restore that wrapping on your old axe's grip. And so on, and so forth. Legacy characters would have additional "AF" storylines to go through related to their old jobs.

The heart of the game is still sound. Getting an opportunity to modernize it from the bottom up would give you a 2014-2015 era game- graphics, story, and all.
    (2)
    Old-time player, new-time character- Ragnarok server.

When you get the CxO's involved the idea of porting FFXI to a new platform gets shot down quickly. As someone earlier said, it's all about money. I am curious though how many players WOULD return if they found out FFXI was being rewritten from the ground up on new technology with minimal limitations.

IMHO FFXIV SHOULD HAVE been that game. Creating a new world/storyline I think was a mistake. Especially when you try and morph current races into new ones and just slap a new name on them. I weep for my Tarutaru becoming a Lalafell or whatever. They are twice as tall and half as cute.
    (2)

I have posted a new idea to bring more storage to players and attempt to make crafting popular again. Crafting Storage Idea

Elaric
    (0)

Character
    Thegreatmonkey
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Elaric View Post
    I have posted a new idea to bring more storage to players and attempt to make crafting popular again. Crafting Storage Idea

Elaric
    Nice Idea.

I had an Idea to.
    Give us another slot where only linkshells and/or furniture is only allowed in it. This will free up more space to be used in the player's normal bag/mog inventory.
    (0)

Character
    Valflux
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    I'd like to see a way to store -any- item in the same slip so that I could make slips for specific jobs... That would be amazing... Switch Jobs, just put everything back in its slip from the previous job and open the slip for the new job, instantly have all relevant equipment in inventory ready to go~
    (1)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5