Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Character
    Masekase
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    How about giving the npc a gobbie bag ? lag etc wont be an issue as you can only call it at certain times. When called we can store gear with him in the field and if need to gain access to it at other times we can go to the rendezvous point.
    (0)

Character
    Leachpunk
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahamut View Post
    Concerns I have with storage slips:

1. The amount of time it will take to convert Weapons and Armor into storage slips and back to Weaons and Armor for each job change.

2. The space required for the storage slips. With 500-750 items needing storage, that would be too many slips for the current bags to hold if each slip takes up one space per every item.

3. The distance from point of job change to where you have to store or transfer storage slips or items for each job change. Also concerned about how many times currently we have to log out and in to transfer items from other characters to our main character for every job change. Each log out is 30 seconds each with the ability to only transfer 8 items at a time in the current delivery system.

Ideas I have:

1. The majority of my Weapons and Armor are marked (Rare) or (Rare/Ex), so something to store these would be great.

2. Most of my gear is used by level, such as for BCNM's, for level 75 cap limit content, and for level 99 content.

3. Would it be Possible to increase the amount of items we can transfer over to another character with storage slips or as actual weapons and armor.

4. Maybe a second deilvery system or a second moogle in our mog house for storage slip managment or transfering?
    Storage slips are key items.
    (0)

Character
    Leachpunk
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    That's not a complaint with the system, SE, or gear, it's a complaint with how unique you want to play your job. Because SE produces gear with certain modifiers on them, doesn't mean that you have to have them or buy them for that specific use. Just sayin
    (1)

Character
    Teraniku
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahamut View Post
    After sleeping, what you said about "it would start costing money to start doing new major upgrades", A thought hit me. I thought, there is starting to be alot of major things you can't upgrade in FFXI without it costing alot of money now. Why not use the FFXIV game engine and copy/paste our entire world onto the FFXIV game engine, and then transfer all of our characters over to it. On top of having a FFXIV rebirth, lets have a FFXI rebirth also.

After all, the last producer said that FFXIV was suppose to be for FFXI players, if thats true, then we should do this, and it would be the greatest gift ever given to FFXI players. Why not give all the FFXI players a gift of a new and better updated game engine capable of all these major updates and upgrades needed so badly and solidify FFXI's 20 year anniversry. We put so many hours into our FFXI jobs to start over, but this is something I beleive everyone whos got too much to lose in this game, would definatly pay for this to happen. I would pay atleast 60 to 100 dollars for a copy/pasted FFXI world that has a great new game engine behind it. I already pay 35 dollars a month for my two accounts. Its ultimately up to you, you are the producer and this would be a major decision, but heres my vote into that direction and feel alot of other players would agree if you just ask them.

New online games are coming out with stunning graphics and game mechanics in them, its going to be harder for FFXI to compete with these newer games without some sort of new game engine, this is something to think about when you think about overhauling major changes like in game storage. I know Elder Scrolls is going to produce an online game in the next few years and judging by the sales figures of just skyrim, I think alot of old schoool players who started playing FFXI at its birth are going to gravitate to the stunning exploration and graphics thier new game engine offers them. I would love to see FFXI be one of those games in the future with those kind of graphics and developer friendly mechanics that are so needed now in a ten year old game.
    While this would be a great thing, it's more than likely not going to happen. Cost vs. return on investment is the big issue.
    (2)

Character
    Bananavivi
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    storage slips in moghouses, wonderful idea! Sure it doesn't exactly address storage space issue, but it would make the process of changing jobs faster, easier and really just make for a more streamlined and fun user experience.
    (2)

Character
    Saricks
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Why doesn't the producer think outside the box?

The storage solution doesn't need to be loaded every time the character zones if it's stored another way. To put it simple fat choobo or ah like inventory that only loads when the inventory is directly accessed. The mog mail and Auction houses aren't loaded until they are accessed.

I think they aren't thinking outside the box. They're trying to store all the items in slips. The key item system they had was nice to. The problem I'm seeing is all these storage systems have crappy methods of retrieval and storing them. Slips use inventory and key items are limited to full sets.

Look at it this way. The mog mail can store a backlog of over 100 items. These only load when the character checks the mog box. The action house is the same way it doesn't load the data until you call up the list. Technically a version of the personal auction house (Mog Warehouse) would run basically the same as the auction house and only load when you check them. This would obviously create a separate file that would/could be huge.

Making a new backpack isn't going to help much. The developers keep making limitventory << (not spelled wrong) Instead of creating a new way of storage that stores data independent of client memory on the server. They keep creating storage that needs to load with the character file every time it loads. They know how to do it but realize this would use more server data space, take a few seconds to load when accessed, and give players a reason to cancel content id$. Space wouldn't be an issue so owning mules would be pointless unless used for auction house selling.

I don't want to read excuses or defenses from other players. With the exception of we can't create it because it'd fill up our hard drives LOL if everyone had this storage. The only one capable of responding to this is the developer himself because everyone else isn't qualified to respond.
    (2)
    Last edited by Sarick; 03-06-2013 at 02:07 AM.
    Developers take notice when a post has a lot of likes. Please support your fellow posters if they make good suggestions or comments by clicking the like.

Character
    Bananavivi
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    One question I do have regarding storage- were there or is there any plans to be able to store empyrean armor seals and +2 items with an npc? Personally this would alleviate a lot of my inventory woes.
    (2)

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Leach View Post
    That's not a complaint with the system, SE, or gear, it's a complaint with how unique you want to play your job.
    No, it's a complaint with the system, SE, and gear, because I don't want my job to be unique at all, I want it to be as good as possible.
    (5)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Character
    Sechs
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Having porter moogle accessible from inside the MH is not a definitive solution, but it's a nice compromise at least.
    Correct if I'm wrong though, currently the FFXI Inventory is structured with this scheme

A + B

B is the normal player inventory and it can hold up to 120 items, 80 normal ones and 40 temporary ones.
    A is a "dynamic" inventory and it can be any of many other repositories (Mog House, Storage, Mog Locker, Satchel, Sack etc).

My question is: shouldn't "A" be able to hold up to 120 items as well? But since there are no temporary items there, maybe we could get 120 slots for "real" items?
    Also, two further questions for Mr. Akihiko Matsui:

Some of you guys almost promised you would have made "Storage" accessible from all Mog Houses and not just from your home town. Any plan to make that change happen?
    And if adding a new Sack/Satchel item could be a problem when characters are zoning in and out, why not making it like the "Mog Locker" added in the ToAU expansion? I'm sure many of us would consider it a really acceptable compromise to have another 80 inventory spaces, even if you can access them only from your mog house.
    (3)
    And the autumn of life has finally come
    with the promise of winter thaw.

Character
    Sechs
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarick View Post
    The mog mail and Auction houses aren't loaded until they are accessed.
    The Auction House is handled by a different "server" within the architecture of each FFXI world though. Dunno if it would be technically possible to do that.
    Dunno about the Mog mail but it's likely it uses the same server.
    I do agree though that they should be thinking out of the box more than they did so far (or than they gave us the impression so far)
    (2)
    And the autumn of life has finally come
    with the promise of winter thaw.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast