Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Player
    Here's how I'd list my inventory desires, from top to bottom:

1. More "active" inventory or any way to get more use out of the 80 spaces I can macro from and use items from. This, by far, is more of a concern for me than how I'm going to store stuff. Things are getting tight even for melee jobs as more weapon-skills appear and the need for a -% Damage Taken set becomes stronger. I want this more than I want to see a toilet that uses fire instead of water, and I promise, that's a lot!

2. Any way to get at stored stuff that's currently a bit awkward in a way that's easier or faster. Access to equipment slips from my moghouse, access to storage from any moogle anywhere, etc. Playing a number of jobs isn't just about having space for all their stuff, it's about being able to change equipment out fast enough that people aren't made to wait.

3. Another set of 80 slots that I can't use items or macro from. This would be very helpful, don't get me wrong. I just can't imagine someone desperately needing this unless he or she stores equipment for level caps or does something else more niche than the market for all-vegan bacon-flavored hair gel.
    (8)

Quote Originally Posted by Twille View Post
    Is it really not possible to expand our inventory past 80 spaces?
    More or less not possible without first gutting something else from either the UI or elsewhere in the client's code to free the additional resources needed for the increased placeholders and such. It's a holdover from legacy code that SE still wants to maintain across all clients.
    (0)
    Last edited by RAIST; 03-08-2013 at 08:24 AM.
    {DISCLAIMER} Posts may contain opinions based on personal experiences that are not be meant to be taken as facts. What may appear as fact with no source reference may be recollection of information with no source, and may be subject to scrutiny without source reference. Any debate over validity of said facts without source references may be considered conjecture of all parties in that debate. Player comments may not be the expressed position/consent of SE, their affiliates, or any employees of said organizations. Please take these posts with a grain of salt if you are offended by the views of the player and understand that opinions are like assholes... everyone has one, not everyone wants to hear it.

Character
    Nebo
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by RAIST View Post
    More or less not possible without first gutting something else from either the UI or elsewhere in the client's code to free the additional resources needed for the increased placeholders and such. It's a holdover from legacy code that SE still wants to maintain across all clients.
    It would not be possible unless SE started spending the money that we pay them for the service on....developing the service.

You won't see that.

At this stage, you are more likely to see further cutting of costs and funneling resources toward developing new products. (*COUGH FFXIV: ARR)

FFXI are dying or are SE putting a bullet in its head so they can afford to feed their new red headed step child?

News at 11.
    (1)

Character
    Ziyyigotipyigo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Nebo View Post
    FFXI are dying or are SE putting a bullet in its head so they can afford to feed their new red headed step child?
    I know it looks that way short-term, but I think they're trying to take a longer view and emulate SOE's example of being a central hub of multiple vibrant MMO's (for varying definitions of "vibrant").

Sure, we've seen Fantasy Earth: Zero sold off and TetraMaster shut down entirely, but most people reading this never played those games. In the meantime, we've also seen the introduction of S-E Accounts and Crysta, two mechanisms that seem intended for handling multiple MMO subscriptions specifically. POL accounts were designed for "online gaming" in general, to be S-E's answer to Xbox Live (if you can wrap your head around that), but now S-E seems to be focused on subscription-based MMO's as a business model.

Think about it: even if S-E did shut down FFXI, they still have two flagship MMOs they want to run simultaneously: FFXIV and DQX. Those are two games they will not cannibalize for the sake of the other.

Hell, they created this forum.

Granted, XI has seen its high-water mark. As an older game, there are diminishing returns for money spent developing it. The playerbase is fueled mostly by prior emotional investment at this point. But it's still profitable enough to put into station-keeping in the long-term, much like EverQuest. We'll never see another Chains of Promathia, but that doesn't mean no more expansion packs at all, just that they won't meet that high standard.

The best may be behind us, but I think so is the worst. All that remains is to see what the new normal looks like come March 26.
    (4)
    Nothing in the above post is intended to disparage Square Enix or FINAL FANTASY XI, or to criticize Square Enix staff; such behavior would be a violation of the FINAL FANTASY XI User Agreement. Any such violations of the FINAL FANTASY XI User Agreement should be reported to Square Enix immediately, by using the "Report Post" icon in the bottom-left of forum posts.

No Moogles were harmed in the making in this post. Stars save the Sibyl!

Quote Originally Posted by Nebo View Post
    It would not be possible unless SE started spending the money that we pay them for the service on....developing the service.

You won't see that.

At this stage, you are more likely to see further cutting of costs and funneling resources toward developing new products. (*COUGH FFXIV: ARR)

News at 11.
    Actually, it's a design issue that dates back to the turn of the century. A "hard" resource limitation that SE is still determined to keep across all clients, even though it technically only affects one platform that is slowly phasing out through attrition in most regions.

Until that situation resolves itself somehow to allow the other clients to exceed that resource limit....81+ per container is not gonna happen.
    (0)
    Last edited by RAIST; 03-08-2013 at 02:27 PM. Reason: not necessarily a "flaw", but was an issue with the original design we can't seem to escape
    {DISCLAIMER} Posts may contain opinions based on personal experiences that are not be meant to be taken as facts. What may appear as fact with no source reference may be recollection of information with no source, and may be subject to scrutiny without source reference. Any debate over validity of said facts without source references may be considered conjecture of all parties in that debate. Player comments may not be the expressed position/consent of SE, their affiliates, or any employees of said organizations. Please take these posts with a grain of salt if you are offended by the views of the player and understand that opinions are like assholes... everyone has one, not everyone wants to hear it.

Character
    Yinnyth
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    I really would like if SE took the initiative on phasing out PS2 themselves. Instead, they seem content to wait until the last PS2 player's laser burns out and stops reading disks so they're forced to upgrade or quit.

Not that phasing out the PS2 would open the flood gates and make FFXI suddenly awesome. It was still originally programmed for PS2, and it would take nothing short of a complete reboot of most of the code which is a crapload of code after 10 years of expansions and updates.
    (1)

Character
    Raksha
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    How about allowing us to access storage from any nation like was mentioned a long time ago.

P.S. Not gonna read 4 pages to see if anyone else brought it up.
    (3)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    I want to say that there's a middle ground here but this isn't really middle ground. A lot of old systems were shit. Some new systems aren't much better. What's in the middle of shit and shit? More Shit. So no, I don't want a middle ground. I want something good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Landsoul View Post
    >Twilight Scythe is overpowered that's why we're nerfing it
    >Weapons with double damage compared to relic

LOGIC.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    \m/ (*.*) \m/ "THIS SOLUTION IS THE MOST METAL!" \m/ (*.*) \m/

Character
    Twille
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Raksha View Post
    How about allowing us to access storage from any nation like was mentioned a long time ago.
    THIS.

There are a lot of things we were promised that we still haven't seen. Cait Sith & Atomos summons anyone?
    (2)

Character
    Saricks
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    One thing I never did like/understand was all the added sacks sachals etc start with MOG. It's like a joke or something because it reminds me of the McDonalds foods (McPizza, McRib, Chicken McNuggets etc.)

Seriously why does everything need MOG attached to it if it's not in your mog house?
    (0)
    Developers take notice when a post has a lot of likes. Please support your fellow posters if they make good suggestions or comments by clicking the like.

Character
    Ferney
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    I like the idea,just hope you dont have to run out of mog house to get your items like the empy storage mog!!
    (1)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast