Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Amaday
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Economizer View Post
    Note: This is not an agreement with the quotation.
    Dear Moogle,

Many things in this game were an oversight, because the game wasn't orginally intended to last this many years and still be in service. But, happily, we are all going strong, so please add the books its required by your players to play better with your already six line limited macro pallet; especially after breaking xp with abyssea and making it possible to level all jobs easily. This type of dedication those subscribers show to your product can best be returned by adding the two books. Thank you.
    (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kincard
    The reason I keep coming back to XI as opposed to other MMOs is because of the content's lastability. While it is true that many pieces are outdated with each patch, to this day there are many old pieces of gear that are still near top-tier if not the top-tier. It encourages you to explore the whole breadth of content rather than asking you to bumrush and bypass all the old content just so you can grind the newer content. This is a model used by other MMOs such as WoW, and while I don't have anything against people that enjoy this model, if I wanted to play an MMO with that model there are many, many games vast superior to XI in terms of mechanics and especially customer service that offer such a model.

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe View Post
    Furthermore, why is adding more macro books for every new job a bad thing? SE makes it sound like this would really be that hard to do. I thought it should have been a given. Whether it was a coincidence or not. I don't believe that, I think someone, somewhere at SE, thought about the idea of 20 jobs / 20 macro books, it just makes sense (there's no way everyone at SE is that stupid that no one thought of this before).
    The original implementation was one macro book. When they expanded it to 20, there were only 18 jobs. There's no intentional correlation between the number of macro books and the number of jobs. That's just a coincidence that came to be when they added Dancer and Scholar.

I always enjoy it when this happens:

Player: Please give me this.
    Square Enix: No.
    Player: I pay money so I should get whatever I want!!!! *throws temper tantrum*

It boggles the mind that you can't make do with 4000 macros. That really sounds like your problem. Be honest, do you seriously have 200 macros for all 20 jobs? I can't fathom any melee job using more than 40, tops.

Hint: You can put more than one job on one macro book. I have a macro book labelled "Other" that contains macros for 10 different jobs.
    (3)
    Last edited by Zarchery; 03-06-2013 at 07:49 AM.

Character
    Wolfemasters
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by RAIST View Post
    They aren't killing PS2 support....they just aren't selling one expansion to the non-JP regions on the PS2.

PS2 is still in production by Sony until 2015 (I think it was, forget the exact details of how long they vaguely commited to it).
    Great, it's still in production. They stopped producing the fat systems a few years ago. They are only selling the slim models. Last I checked, FFXI required a HDD in order to play it. Which means, PS2 support is DEAD. You can no longer buy a new PS2 system to run FFXI if yours fails. Which means that you will be FORCED to buy a new system (360/PC), not a PS2.

You know what works a LOT better than waiting for SE to kill PS2 support and let the game expand quicker? Using Windower or other third party apps that allow you to customize the game to its fullest potential. For example, removing the fog from the game and increasing the draw distance so that you can see more of the game.

If SE wants to keep PS2 support, fine. Let the JP users keep going with it. Just make them understand that they are playing on an outdated system and if they want more, they need to can it. Let PC and 360 users have full access to the game. Remove the 30 FPS cap, enhance the draw distance, explode the auto-translate dictionary, let this game become the best out there. The potential is already there, SE just wants to baby their PS2 fan base and keep letting them think that they are more important than the rest.

I guarantee that if they kill PS2 support, more than half of the PS2 users would buy a new system to play on. They are borderline/lazy and if they get this kick in the pants, they would just do it already. Once you upgrade from PS2, you will always wonder why you stuck with it for so long to begin with and never ever look back. JP players can love their PS2 all they want, but they need to pull their heads out of their ass and wake up. PS2 is a dead system, want proof? The PS4 is already in development and looking at a release date that is within the next 2 years (at the latest).
    (0)
    "Love thy wolf, more than thy neighbor." ~ W. Masters
    "I'm sorry if you don't like me, but I'm not sorry for being who I am." ~ W. Masters
    "There's nothing wrong with being wrong." ~ W. Masters

Quality of Life Ideas & More:
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/43689-Quality-of-Life-Ideas-More

Character
    Wolfemasters
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarchery View Post
    The original implementation was one macro book. When they expanded it to 20, there were only 18 jobs. There's no intentional correlation between the number of macro books and the number of jobs. That's just a coincidence that came to be when they added Dancer and Scholar.

I always enjoy it when this happens:

Player: Please give me this.
    Square Enix: No.
    Player: I pay money so I should get whatever I want!!!! *throws temper tantrum*

It boggles the mind that you can't make do with 4000 macros. That really sounds like your problem. Be honest, do you seriously have 200 macros for all 20 jobs? I can't fathom any melee job using more than 40, tops.

Hint: You can put more than one job on one macro book. I have a macro book labelled "Other" that contains macros for 10 different jobs.
    Each job has my standard set of macros. Now, when I am on a job that has to proc for Abyssea, Void Watch, Dynamis, etc., I switch to a different macro set that allows me to gear swap sufficiently. Do I use all 10 macro sets for each job? Just about. I can't give you an exact number for each one, but I'd be lucky to have 1-2 macros for 1/4 of the jobs. Pet jobs are all filled up, fully. Even Dragoon, which has attack/support and numerous variations. I was actually amused that I managed 7 macro sets for it, with one set that is all kinds of messed up, just for fun (which you SHOULD have, since it IS a game).

I love that you think you can reduce my arguments to that of a child throwing a temper tantrum. I'm offering my point of view and when people like you start attacking me, I'm going to get more than a little upset.

You can't fathom any melee job using more than 40 macros, seriously? You must really suck at this game. I don't see any ONE job using that many, but all of the jobs out there, combined, yes. I have a few friends whose macros exceed mine, by far. My macro sets are looked at as pathetic because I don't gear swap for every little bit of extra damage. Some people take this game seriously and want to squeeze out every bit of extra damage they can muster.
    (0)
    "I'm sorry if you don't like me, but I'm not sorry for being who I am." ~ W. Masters

Character
    Chillo
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    You must really suck at this game.
    I don't gear swap for every little bit of extra damage.
    1) Just wanted to point that out.

2) If you don't gear swap, then why are you complaining about macros? When I first entered the topic I had assumed that you were uber into macros and swapped gear every time you used one. But if you're not even swapping gear and you're just using macros for quick JA, Spells, or WS (which all only take one line per macro) then there's no way you need more than 20 books.

I'm all for giving the fans what they want, but I highly doubt anyone is using all 4000 Macros we currently have access to.
    (2)

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I love that you think you can reduce my arguments to that of a child throwing a temper tantrum. I'm offering my point of view and when people like you start attacking me, I'm going to get more than a little upset.
    See, your response when told that you don't get 22 macro books was not "Oh okay. I'm disappointed, and here are the reasons why maybe you should reconsider." or something like that. It was this:

Really? You are going to tell us what is acceptable and what isn't? Aren't WE the ones that keep telling YOU what should be included in the next updates? YOU give US what WE want. That's how this works. WE pay YOU for stuff that WE want. If WE don't get what WE want, WE don't pay YOU. It's very simple logic, I assure you.
    I classified it as a temper tantrum because that's what it is. When you were denied what you wanted, you immediately started crying about how you are the customer and you are unconditionally entitled to what you want.

You can't fathom any melee job using more than 40 macros, seriously? You must really suck at this game. I don't see any ONE job using that many, but all of the jobs out there, combined, yes.
    See this is odd. In your first sentence, you tell me that I am stupid for not believing that any melee job could use more than 40 macros. Then in your third sentence, you acknowledge that no one melee job would use that many, and you have to combine all jobs to use them.

Why would you need a different macro book for a job just because you're in a different location? Is there some magical property to Dynamis that says that a gear set optimizing damage for, say, Steel Cyclone, works differently there than it does in a Voidwatch battle out in Lower Delkfutt's Tower?

You have FOUR THOUSAND macros at your disposal. If you were saying that the 6 line limit per macro was too limiting, I'd agree. But if you can't fit everything you need to do inside those 4000 macros, the problem is on you. I would love to hear an actual breakdown of someone using 200 macros on one melee job. It would take 12 lines, or 2 macros, to switch out every piece of gear that doesn't reset TP, and another 2 to switch them back in. That's 4 macros in what seems like a pretty extreme case to me. 5 if you then include the actual weapon skill. Are you doing that for every single weapon skill and job ability? On every job? Why aren't you putting some of those into the body of the job ability macro itself? You can equip and unequip 2 pieces of gear in one macro for any job ability or weapon skill. I've got a Chakra set on MNK that switches in 8 pieces of gear for Chakra. 6 come in on their own macro and then switch back on a separate macro. 2 more switch in and out on the same macro that activates Chakra. It's a set of 3 macros pasted onto two different macro bars (one for DNC sub and one for WAR sub).

I've still got 160 macros left for MNK alone. If I wanted to follow the same structure and do a big time gear swap for all 12 hand to hand weapon skills, that's 60 macros. Great. I still have 100 macros left at my disposal, even after making an entire 12 piece gear set for stuff like Combo and One Inch Punch and so forth. ONE HUNDRED MACROS. On ONE JOB.

Now suppose I want to, for some reason, do the same thing on every job ability. MNK has 12 job abilities, if you count Hundred Fists and the two merit unlocked job abilities Mantra and Formless Strikes. As far as I know, Mantra just gives a straight percentage boost to max HP based on the number of merits you dumped into it, so no gear would ever help it. But still, 5 macros for every job ability is still 60 more macros. Add that in, and you still have a whopping 40 macros remaining on one job. Remember that we have gone out of our way to waste macro book space here.

I have a little more trouble with macro space on my mage jobs. BLM for example has the magian trial staves for all elements. I squeezed every spell of a certain element into one macro (so like Fire 2, 3, 4, and 5 are all one macro), which works okay for straight damage but sucks for procs. It only uses 50 macros. I've been meaning to expand that out, so that, like, Fire IV and Fire V are on different macros. Straight offensive spells only take up 18 macro slots out of 200 for BLM. If I expanded those out, we'd be up to 72, but still well under the 200 macro limit without spilling over into another job. I could conceivably see a mage job pushing up against that 200 limit, but not even a freakishly macro obsessed melee who does this for every single job.

This complaining about the limitation of macro numbers is a lot like someone who doesn't use porter moogles or claim slips or mules complaining about the lack of inventory space. It's like... inventory space is an actual problem we can talk about, but some people don't even try to work with what we've got. I propose that I don't suck at the game, but rather that you suck at organizing and you want Square Enix to rectify that, and that they are duty bound to do so because you are the Almighty Paying Customer.
    (3)

Character
    Wolfemasters
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Chilloa View Post
    1) Just wanted to point that out.

2) If you don't gear swap, then why are you complaining about macros? When I first entered the topic I had assumed that you were uber into macros and swapped gear every time you used one. But if you're not even swapping gear and you're just using macros for quick JA, Spells, or WS (which all only take one line per macro) then there's no way you need more than 20 books.

I'm all for giving the fans what they want, but I highly doubt anyone is using all 4000 Macros we currently have access to.
    Okay, try reading the whole thing. I don't gear swap for EVERY little bit of damage. I have macros for gear swapping, I also have macros for different sets depending on what I am doing. I also have friends that gear swap for EVERYTHING.

I classified it as a temper tantrum because that's what it is. When you were denied what you wanted, you immediately started crying about how you are the customer and you are unconditionally entitled to what you want.
    If you don't understand how business works, then just say it. If you go into Burger King and order a burger without pickles and they just throw them on there anyway, are you going to be okay with that? Hell no. You are going to "throw a temper tantrum." You are going to COMPLAIN. It is NOT what you want.

If you ordered onion rings and they give you fries, are you going to be okay with that? "It's more popular than the onion rings, so we know that's what you really wanted anyway."

See this is odd. In your first sentence, you tell me that I am stupid for not believing that any melee job could use more than 40 macros. Then in your third sentence, you acknowledge that no one melee job would use that many, and you have to combine all jobs to use them.
    Okay, my bad. It was late at night (or early enough that I hadn't gone to bed yet, I can't remember) and worded it crappy.

Why would you need a different macro book for a job just because you're in a different location? Is there some magical property to Dynamis that says that a gear set optimizing damage for, say, Steel Cyclone, works differently there than it does in a Voidwatch battle out in Lower Delkfutt's Tower?
    Simple, when you're in Dynamis and trying to get a proc on a DD style mob and get get it to proc, you don't want damage. So, you use weak weapon skills and any armor that you have that will weaken it, allowing you to get a better chance at a proc. Once you get the proc, you switch over and kill it with as much damage as you can muster. Personally, I just like being able to have macros that can do anything I can think of and display information for me (utilizing the /echo feature).

Now, when you are in Abyssea, you are going to have different macro sets depending on what atmas you have active. I also like having macros that will use temp items before doing something. In Voidwatch, you have the very same thing, but the atmas there are completely different (especially since you can level them up, which can change things dramatically for different weapon skills).

You have FOUR THOUSAND macros at your disposal. If you were saying that the 6 line limit per macro was too limiting, I'd agree.
    It is WAY too limiting, but that is also why I decided to split up a LOT of my macros and fit other stuff that I need elsewhere. Hell, if SE would double the space from 6 lines to 12, that would resolve a lot too! When they allowed you to put <wait 6> at the end of a line, that made a HUGE difference and allowed me to go in the direction that I wanted with my macros. I used to have at least one set of macros JUST for gear swapping. I'd hit a macro that would send me to my gear swap list, hit the one I wanted and have to go back to another set to hit the macro for the WS I wanted. That got real annoying, real quick. And like I've said before, I wasn't even doing this for every little bit of damage. That was just for some of the bigger overall numbers (ex. Not swapping for 3 DEX to a WS, but swapping out for 5% crit. hit damage or haste).

But if you can't fit everything you need to do inside those 4000 macros, the problem is on you. I would love to hear an actual breakdown of someone using 200 macros on one melee job. It would take 12 lines, or 2 macros, to switch out every piece of gear that doesn't reset TP, and another 2 to switch them back in. That's 4 macros in what seems like a pretty extreme case to me. 5 if you then include the actual weapon skill. Are you doing that for every single weapon skill and job ability? On every job? Why aren't you putting some of those into the body of the job ability macro itself? You can equip and unequip 2 pieces of gear in one macro for any job ability or weapon skill. I've got a Chakra set on MNK that switches in 8 pieces of gear for Chakra. 6 come in on their own macro and then switch back on a separate macro. 2 more switch in and out on the same macro that activates Chakra. It's a set of 3 macros pasted onto two different macro bars (one for DNC sub and one for WAR sub).
    You actually use a pretty good example by mentioning Monk and Chakra. Okay, one macro for gear swapping, then you use another macro to use the ability, then need another to swap all your gear back. That's three macros overall, for just ONE ability. Now, with my Monk, I like to have fun with Footwork. So I actually have a Footwork build. It's not the greatest, but it's a work in progress and I have fun with it. The whole point of this game is to have fun. I can be serious about my damage when I need to be, or I can just have fun putzing around and seeing what I can do. You have to have a set of macros for /DNC and /WAR. Those are the most common sub jobs for Monk. What about other times that you may want to do something else? I've seen people /PLD for Phalanx (not my thing, but hey, do what you want in this game). When these two new jobs come out, who's to say that you won't want to try /RNF or /GEO? That would need a new macro set too.

Most mage jobs need a few macro sets all to themselves. I have a DD WHM macro set, I have to change macro lines to swap me from one macro set to another if I'm set to DD or backline. For example, I have my Protectra & Shellra macro on the second set (since you only need it once every 30 minutes, it's not used as often as Cure V). So, the last line is /macro set 1, which allows me to return to my first line. If I switch over to my DD macros, they are on set 5. Instead of bouncing to the second set for P&S and having to bounce back to my fifth set, I have P&S on the sixth set as well. It may not seem like much, but when you do this with a lot of jobs, it's a hassle to have to change that last line every time you change your job or task with that job. Hence why they even gave us macros books to begin with.

I've still got 160 macros left for MNK alone. If I wanted to follow the same structure and do a big time gear swap for all 12 hand to hand weapon skills, that's 60 macros. Great. I still have 100 macros left at my disposal, even after making an entire 12 piece gear set for stuff like Combo and One Inch Punch and so forth. ONE HUNDRED MACROS. On ONE JOB.

I have a little more trouble with macro space on my mage jobs. BLM for example has the magian trial staves for all elements. I squeezed every spell of a certain element into one macro (so like Fire 2, 3, 4, and 5 are all one macro), which works okay for straight damage but sucks for procs. It only uses 50 macros. I've been meaning to expand that out, so that, like, Fire IV and Fire V are on different macros. Straight offensive spells only take up 18 macro slots out of 200 for BLM. If I expanded those out, we'd be up to 72, but still well under the 200 macro limit without spilling over into another job. I could conceivably see a mage job pushing up against that 200 limit, but not even a freakishly macro obsessed melee who does this for every single job.
    So, instead of looking at the mage jobs, that could do this EASILY, you are talking about doing it on Monk. Okay, fine. It CAN be done. I have friends that have 2 full books of macros JUST FOR WARRIOR! Blue Mage can do the same thing, depending on if you are playing the job as support, DD, tank, whatever. Blue Mage has an issue because you have to set spells for different effects. I know a few people that LOVE their BLU and have 5 macro books dedicated to it. But, BLU could pretty much destroy that 200 macro set all by itself. I have 2 Corsair friends that use a crap ton of macros (no idea how many, I never asked for an exact count, but one of them uses at least 4 sets, the other uses 2 books). Puppetmasters? How many different sets can you make here? That depends, let's go with the 3 main automaton sets and work around that. Depending on what accessories you equip to your pet, you can have one book dedicated to each one. I know this because, again, there are full time PUP that dedicate themselves to the job. There are nowhere near as many of these are there are of others, but the people that take the job seriously can do it.

Now suppose I want to, for some reason, do the same thing on every job ability. MNK has 12 job abilities, if you count Hundred Fists and the two merit unlocked job abilities Mantra and Formless Strikes. As far as I know, Mantra just gives a straight percentage boost to max HP based on the number of merits you dumped into it, so no gear would ever help it. But still, 5 macros for every job ability is still 60 more macros. Add that in, and you still have a whopping 40 macros remaining on one job. Remember that we have gone out of our way to waste macro book space here.
    Now you're just being stupid.

This complaining about the limitation of macro numbers is a lot like someone who doesn't use porter moogles or claim slips or mules complaining about the lack of inventory space. It's like... inventory space is an actual problem we can talk about, but some people don't even try to work with what we've got. I propose that I don't suck at the game, but rather that you suck at organizing and you want Square Enix to rectify that, and that they are duty bound to do so because you are the Almighty Paying Customer.
    I've spent my fair share of time complaining about that too. But, they are actively working on solutions for that. I do crafting on my main character too. Which restricts my inventory space a lot. I use storage slips as well as the event NPC to store my stuff. Oh yeah, I also have slips for FULL sets of armor, remember that storage guy? I use that too! And yet, I still run out of space. BUT, I can move my less used stuff to a mule if I really don't want to toss something out. I have a mule that I use JUST for storing crystals (it's nice when I actually decide to start working on my crafting again).

Just because YOU can't fill up your macro set, doesn't mean that no one else can. There are dedicated players out there that can. Easily. I try to restrict myself to just one book per job. Most of my jobs have full books. Now there are two more jobs coming out and you are trying to tell me that there is no way I can fill up a book for each one? Have you read what the jobs can do? They sound an awful lot like Scholar (Light Arts, Dark Arts, weather effects, etc.), Puppetmaster (Harlequin, Stormwaker, Valoredge, Sharpshot frames), Blue Mage (I'm not even gonna try), Summoner (everything changes with EVERY pet). Depending on what you want to do with the job, and the fact that the job can change so entirely depending on what you have active, now factor in sub jobs. This can change how you play a job entirely as well. Especially for mage jobs.

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the fact that you put effort into your reply. But don't try exaggerating things because you play differently than others. I've logged in to friends accounts before because they're at work and wanted to participate in a LS event (back when people actually did Sky, Limbus, etc.) and looked at their macros. I usually just have them stand around because I have no idea what the hell they are doing with their macros or how to play them. But, that is how they want to play the game. I don't knock the fact that they have a crapton of macros for one job. I restrict myself when making macros. BUT, I still use a LOT. All I'm saying is that SE needs to add more macro books. Two more books isn't going to break the system.

And the reason why I'm not even mentioning being able to load up a whole new list of macros at the title screen is because of one simple little problem. If I join a random group that is doing VNM's and they want me to come as one job, then need me to switch to another, that is a HUGE pain in the ass. Same thing goes for my Linkshell, which they have done to me on more than one occasion (and not just one LS, a lot of them). Now I have to log out, change my macros that I loaded up, and when I log back in, find out that I missed an important message or that they want me to swap to a different job (which may require either the macros I had loaded, or maybe a new set altogether). I've missed important messages before just from mule-ing armor (such as changing where we are going to do Dynamis, because I missed out on a vote).

I would like it if I could load up my macro list OUTSIDE of FFXI and make changes to it without having to load up the game. Even more so, I would love to be able to show off my macros to friends and sit down and compare so we could all help each other out. I love my WHM, and every now and then we do something that means someone else would be on WHM and not me (or I'm not even there to participate). I would like to be able to help my friends out by showing them what I have and how I play the job. Or, if a friend wants me to play his account for him, and I would be on WHM. I could load up MY macros and keep going without slowing down.
    (0)
    Last edited by Wolfe; 03-07-2013 at 09:37 PM. Reason: Read the Bold, quit skipping this and then asking me about it!

adding to Zarchery's examples:

I too have similar macros like he is describing on MNK (I do the exact same thing with a Chi-Blast prep for boosting, the blast macro itself, then seperate macros for swapping in evasion, fighting, etc. to swap back into the mode I need to run in. Do the same thing on BLM...have a bank for when I need to be in support rolees, one for light nuking/DoT, one for heavy nuking, one for farting around in Campaign....hell, I even have one for WHM mode and even have some macroes tossed in for /NIN (I like to play battle mage mode for sh!ts and giggles and have banks for club, staff, dagger, and scythe melee) and I still haven't maxed that book out yet. I have a full set of SMN ToM staves, as well as a Pet MAB one, the cure potency one---and banks of macros for using them all for different situations, and SMN STILL is not completely filled up.

The list can go on and on, but hopefully that helps solidify Zarchery's point more about needing to be better organized?

Also, let's not forget that one can actually split things into seperate "profiles" if you wanted too. One save slot could be strictly for melee jobs, one for mage/support jobs, one for pet jobs....however you want to do it. You have 4 local save slots and one on the server, netting you a total of 100 potential books at your disposal already.

Think Zarchery really hit the nail on the head....it seems more like a problem with organization.
    (0)
    {DISCLAIMER} Posts may contain opinions based on personal experiences that are not be meant to be taken as facts. What may appear as fact with no source reference may be recollection of information with no source, and may be subject to scrutiny without source reference. Any debate over validity of said facts without source references may be considered conjecture of all parties in that debate. Player comments may not be the expressed position/consent of SE, their affiliates, or any employees of said organizations. Please take these posts with a grain of salt if you are offended by the views of the player and understand that opinions are like assholes... everyone has one, not everyone wants to hear it.

If you don't understand how business works, then just say it. If you go into Burger King and order a burger without pickles and they just throw them on there anyway, are you going to be okay with that? Hell no. You are going to "throw a temper tantrum." You are going to COMPLAIN. It is NOT what you want.

If you ordered onion rings and they give you fries, are you going to be okay with that? "It's more popular than the onion rings, so we know that's what you really wanted anyway."
    There's a big difference between a conversation that starts with " Excuse me, I asked for no pickles, and I wanted Onion Rings", that quickly resolves itself by the associate apologizing and correcting your order....and some one having a hissy fit.

Sorry.... couldn't resist.

As for the bit about getting proc's.....really? If your goal is to simply land the WS in a timely fashion for the proc, why are you delaying your WS with gear swaps and not just firing the WS in your TP gear that SHOULD be including some manner of ACC in the mix already (as in, you could cue it from the menu). Do you REALLY need to be devoting entire banks of macros to WS you are only going to use for PROC? In all fairness, I actually DO have macros set up with gear swps for all manner of weapons on WAR (because I used that to pre-skill all remaining weapons outside of Staff, GK, H2H, Katana, etc. that didn't cap more or less on their own with other jobs anyway). And yet... WAR still has like 4 pallets open I think, for get exactly....but it's nowhere near full.

Summoner (everything changes with EVERY pet).
    WTF??!!!

The rest... /sigh. don't think I can read anymore....makes my eyes bleed. Time for supper.

TLDR: /facepalm
    (1)
    {DISCLAIMER} Posts may contain opinions based on personal experiences that are not be meant to be taken as facts. What may appear as fact with no source reference may be recollection of information with no source, and may be subject to scrutiny without source reference. Any debate over validity of said facts without source references may be considered conjecture of all parties in that debate. Player comments may not be the expressed position/consent of SE, their affiliates, or any employees of said organizations. Please take these posts with a grain of salt if you are offended by the views of the player and understand that opinions are like assholes... everyone has one, not everyone wants to hear it.

Character
    Wolfemasters
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I too have similar macros like he is describing on MNK (I do the exact same thing with a Chi-Blast prep for boosting, the blast macro itself, then seperate macros for swapping in evasion, fighting, etc. to swap back into the mode I need to run in. Do the same thing on BLM...have a bank for when I need to be in support rolees, one for light nuking/DoT, one for heavy nuking, one for farting around in Campaign....hell, I even have one for WHM mode and even have some macroes tossed in for /NIN (I like to play battle mage mode for sh!ts and giggles and have banks for club, staff, dagger, and scythe melee) and I still haven't maxed that book out yet. I have a full set of SMN ToM staves, as well as a Pet MAB one, the cure potency one---and banks of macros for using them all for different situations, and SMN STILL is not completely filled up.
    Okay, so if you play BLM the way you are claiming to, you really should have about one book filled up just for the job.

For BLM on my first set, I have a few buffs and debuffs with tier 5 spells.
    I have tier 3 and tier 4 spells on one set.
    'ga 3 and ancient magic on another.
    DoT and AM 2.
    Helix and ja.
    And storm spells macro'd in with Klimaform.
    And all of these have every spell lined up based on the reading that I get for what element it is. I love using storm spells with helix and ja chasers. And every now and then, I like to try to magic burst. I suck at it, but it gives me a little bit of fun to try my timing with AM 2.

Those are the 6 sets that I have for my everyday use on BLM. I still have one set for equip macros, trade macros (for faster popping), a key macro for Aby, item macros (for different items and zones), and a few other commonly used macros.

That's 7 on my BLM and I still need to go through and reorganize it. Leaving me 3 more sets to play with (I had them set for different things, but gave up on it). I don't want to be forced to always have to choose what to delete if I want to play around with a new set of macros for a job.

Back when there was only the one set of macros to choose from, I pretty much assumed I would never level anything else, or I'd have to make a whole new character if I wanted different macros. BUT, it also used to be a LOT harder to level up a job to 75. It was harder to store your gear, and there was pretty much only one way to gear a job when it came to endgame (I have WHM in mind since it was my first job to 75). But a lot changed with the addition of macro books and even more changed when they raised the level cap and introduced Abyssea.

When you play SMN, you are not going to fill up a separate list of macros for every weapon you have. Don't be stupid. You macro that in before using the Blood Pact. So, unless you are deliberately trying to be ignorant, shut up and make a valid point. I have a macro set for each pet and a universal one that will summon a pet and shortcut me to the appropriate macro set for that pet. With elementals sharing the same set as each respective avatar.

Why is it so hard for people to understand having one macro book for each job?

"That's not how I play the game, so you are playing it wrong!" <engagerageattackmode>

LOLNOOBYOUSUCK!

The list can go on and on, but hopefully that helps solidify Zarchery's point more about needing to be better organized?

Also, let's not forget that one can actually split things into seperate "profiles" if you wanted too. One save slot could be strictly for melee jobs, one for mage/support jobs, one for pet jobs....however you want to do it. You have 4 local save slots and one on the server, netting you a total of 100 potential books at your disposal already.

Think Zarchery really hit the nail on the head....it seems more like a problem with organization.
    Better organized? I think it's because I am trying to organize this too much already. THAT'S why I wanted 2 more books! Then I can dedicate those to the two new jobs. My problem is that I want to have it completely organized! You just said exactly what I've BEEN saying! The only thing you helped to "solidify" is what I keep saying and no one seems to understand.

WTF??!!!
    Do you seriously not understand Summoner? Every pet has their own list of Rage and Ward Blood Pacts. If you want to use them quickly per pet, you have a macro list set up for them. Just because you don't like a certain summon, doesn't mean no one else should have a list of macros for that summon. Can you use the Nightmare BP macro when you have Carbuncle out? Does the Predator Claws macro work with Leviathan? I like to have a macro set for every pet, if you don't, fine. Play the way you want. This is how I play as well as many other Summoner that I have talked to. I know some people out there who haven't even unlocked the job because it doesn't interest them. That's how they choose to play. I want to be able to do everything in this game and that includes having every job leveled and playing each one differently with a full book of macros.

If you are going to just reply "TLR you're an idiot," then you have no place commenting. I'm taking the time to explain myself, why don't you put forth a little effort and make your own reply worth reading?
    (0)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast