Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 64
  1. #51
    Player kingfury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Allegiance: Ancient Galkan Empire
    Posts
    1,308
    Character
    Kingfury
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsukino_Kaji View Post
    You forgot the add the nut shot.

    But on a more serious note, as sweet as this looks, I have to dissagree with it. Whm battle gear needs to involve plate.
    ----------------------
    lol @ the money shot XD

    Well I tried that route remember? Here's a refresher:
    But technically, this suggested new set would combine metal(or some gold'ish type) trim adorning the cloth, so you would have some weight to be proud of
    (1)
    Last edited by kingfury; 03-09-2013 at 03:03 AM.

  2. #52
    Player Myo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Gha Naboh Matriarchate
    Posts
    25
    Character
    Myou
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Kingfury, do you work for SquareEnix? If not, you really should... Your ideas are awesome! Not to mention you obviously listen to the feedback of other players almost 100%.
    (2)

  3. #53
    Player Merton9999's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    528
    Character
    Mordru
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    I've loved the look of that Hardlight set since you first posted it. I see myself being a lot more excited to play as WHM if I were wearing that.

    Although, if the faction you've proposed as the "alternate" involved more melee prowess at the expense of more potent healing, a less-white, more-red armor might feel more appropriate.

    That's why I like the idea of multiple faction choices for each job. Not only customized abilities by faction, but also different looks. I wouldn't even mind of they did a cheapo color swap of the same gear when you switched factions, and had gear like this:

    New RDM body:
    Time Mage Faction (Green): Enfeebling magic ignores all immunities (hahahaha...)
    Mystic Knight Faction (Black): bonuses to melee stuff

    It might be weird for two opposing (?) factions to use the same set of armor, but they could handle it by the faction leaders blessing or enchanting a base piece instead of giving it to you.
    (0)

  4. #54
    Player kingfury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Allegiance: Ancient Galkan Empire
    Posts
    1,308
    Character
    Kingfury
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Myo View Post
    Kingfury, do you work for SquareEnix? If not, you really should... Your ideas are awesome! Not to mention you obviously listen to the feedback of other players almost 100%.
    ------------------------
    /Sigh
    Only in my most wonderful dreams unfortunately. Thank you kindly for the great compliment /bow
    (0)

  5. #55
    Player kingfury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Allegiance: Ancient Galkan Empire
    Posts
    1,308
    Character
    Kingfury
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Merton9999 View Post
    I've loved the look of that Hardlight set since you first posted it. I see myself being a lot more excited to play as WHM if I were wearing that.

    Although, if the faction you've proposed as the "alternate" involved more melee prowess at the expense of more potent healing, a less-white, more-red armor might feel more appropriate.

    That's why I like the idea of multiple faction choices for each job. Not only customized abilities by faction, but also different looks. I wouldn't even mind of they did a cheapo color swap of the same gear when you switched factions, and had gear like this:

    New RDM body:
    Time Mage Faction (Green): Enfeebling magic ignores all immunities (hahahaha...)
    Mystic Knight Faction (Black): bonuses to melee stuff

    It might be weird for two opposing (?) factions to use the same set of armor, but they could handle it by the faction leaders blessing or enchanting a base piece instead of giving it to you.
    --------------------
    Yeah, the heavier plate armor would be a wonderful set to play with on WHM and just fun to see imo

    I think RDM in all black would be absolutely brilliant to see for their melee side of things and I cannot resist that challenge. A green set would be intriguing to see as well. Didn't they have that green pointy hat gear from Voidwatch?

    I could definitely see the base job specific gear starting out as the same looking low powered gear, similar to how the Trial of the Magians works. It could be sort of a "rookie" type of gear to reflect your accepted status in a given faction of sorts. After a certain point in one's rank climb, the gear would eventually evolve to look like the finalized faction gear. I thought it was an interesting approach that the Devs let us wear Empyrean with extremely low stats and then walk around in the gear for every step of the upgrades. It was rewarding to see the base gear I suppose, but you could never tell who had finished upgrading just by passing them in town.
    (0)

  6. #56
    Player Camiie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Bastok
    Posts
    1,495
    Character
    Camiie
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Myo View Post
    Kingfury, do you work for SquareEnix? If not, you really should... Your ideas are awesome!
    Sadly awesome ideas are no longer allowed at SquareEnix.

    Not to mention you obviously listen to the feedback of other players almost 100%.
    Nor is this.

    In all seriousness, I do hope kingfury gets to work somewhere that will appreciate his talents and his good nature. The gaming industry sorely needs people like him.
    (2)

  7. #57
    Player Kjara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    237
    Character
    Kenjii
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    If you were an Immortal, you wouldn't even be allowed to leave Aht Urhgan (the only Immortal NPC you can find out of the city borders, in fact, is a guy who has been fired for some reason).

    To allow players to join this kind of ranks, say Templar Knights for PLD and such, would break all the game lore.
    (0)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    San d'Oria, Windurst, Bastok: Rank 10
    ZM:O CoP:O AU:O ACP:O
    Italian Dragoon FTW! <3 Azure 4Ever. (Roleplayer)

  8. #58
    Player
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Ru'Lude Gardens!
    Posts
    4,310
    Quote Originally Posted by Kjara View Post
    If you were an Immortal, you wouldn't even be allowed to leave Aht Urhgan (the only Immortal NPC you can find out of the city borders, in fact, is a guy who has been fired for some reason).
    I thought people at the staging points and at the entrances to the ruins were Immortals, true they are on duty, but we are the personal mercenary of the Queen of Aht Urhgan, I am sure with that being the case we could be allowed Immortal training without being bound to the country and its surrounding areas.
    (0)

  9. #59
    Player Kjara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    237
    Character
    Kenjii
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon6324236 View Post
    I thought people at the staging points and at the entrances to the ruins were Immortals, true they are on duty, but we are the personal mercenary of the Queen of Aht Urhgan, I am sure with that being the case we could be allowed Immortal training without being bound to the country and its surrounding areas.
    My pardons, I mistyped and meant "country borders", not city borders. Still, as far as I know the Immortals are the personal guard of the Empress, as well as a sort of secret agents that are only sent in small units (usually solo or duo at most) in very top secret missions within the country of Aht Urhgan. This goes against the concept of the mercenary work adventurers do, that requires freedom and the ability to go anywhere you are needed.

    Also, the mercenaries are not "owned" by the Empress. The Salaheem's Sentinels are a large mercenary agency that yes, is sponsored by the Empire. But that's another kind of relationship.

    Also, last but not least, all the BLU cutscenes imply that being an Immortal pretty much implies selling your soul to the cause. This wouldn't even allow us to like, change job. (In fact, by just unlocking BLU you get a Mark of Zahak, which is a permanent key item). By lore, to be an Immortal BLU is equal to obtain an immeasurable amount of power at the cost of your own freedom and life as an individual. Of course I'm not saying all the job factions would be as such; some of us have seen the guilds in XIV. I'd be more prone to that kind of feature, rather than making Immortal a rank actually accessible to adventurers.
    (0)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    San d'Oria, Windurst, Bastok: Rank 10
    ZM:O CoP:O AU:O ACP:O
    Italian Dragoon FTW! <3 Azure 4Ever. (Roleplayer)

  10. #60
    Player
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Ru'Lude Gardens!
    Posts
    4,310
    Quote Originally Posted by Kjara View Post
    Also, the mercenaries are not "owned" by the Empress. The Salaheem's Sentinels are a large mercenary agency that yes, is sponsored by the Empire. But that's another kind of relationship.
    Well the main thing I was referring to is that in the story the majority of your work comes from the Empress or branches off from her work she gave you before. Also besides that she often refers to you as 'her' mercenary, which is why I made the comment, we are basically the only mercenary she seems to trust with matters she needs handled, and I am sure with all of the things that happen in that story line it would be possible to at least get the training of an Immortal, even if you do not officially become one. Basically a loophole while would let us learn and access anything special that being an Immortal would entail without actually becoming one so we are not bound by their rules and such.

    Though I am fine with any way they would or could go about it, I just thought it would be an interesting point to bring up on the subject.
    (0)

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast