Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
    Character
    Anonymous
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kjara View Post
    If you were an Immortal, you wouldn't even be allowed to leave Aht Urhgan (the only Immortal NPC you can find out of the city borders, in fact, is a guy who has been fired for some reason).

To allow players to join this kind of ranks, say Templar Knights for PLD and such, would break all the game lore.
    Why do you hate fun?
    (0)

Character
    Saruhiko
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Caketime View Post
    Why do you hate fun?
    I'm a roleplayer and have been part of a FFXI Roleplaying Linkshell for years now. I do not hate fun, I just like to do things within lore boundaries.
    (0)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    San d'Oria, Windurst, Bastok: Rank 10
    ZM:O CoP:O AU:O ACP:O
    Italian Dragoon FTW! <3 Azure 4Ever. (Roleplayer)

Character
    Anonymous
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    So fun is only OK as long as it's pre-approved and doesn't break the already hilariously retconned lore?
    (1)

Character
    Yummypie
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I'm not too sure about this. Perhaps in a story line sense it might work somehow but from a functional sense I do not see how it would work well.

1st, how is this different than the merit system (particularly the WS)? With merit, you can only increases certain things to bring out the best of the job you like and you have to give up on others. For example, you can have your warrior with awesome Upheaval, Resolution and maybe Ruinator - making you a very powerful warrior who can wield both his 2H weapons and 1H. However, you will have to give up on other WS and so you can't have Tachi: Shoha or Shijin Spiral and that would make your Samurai and Monk less 'elite' than others.

2nd, why would people invite a Blue Mage to an event when there is already the Immortal, who is better than a Blue Mage? FFXI population tends to go with the better choice before taking the less common choice. A Bst can tank but people usually prefer a Pld or Ninja. A Pup can be a pure damage dealer but people will usually pick Drk, Drg, Sam, War or Mnk over a Pup. A Rdm can cure a party but people prefers getting a Whm on healing duty...etc. We already got a lot of favorites in certain situations. If we have an 'elite' job that is better than the normal one in every way then people will usually not invite the lesser job.

If you just give up the one-job-per-character-only then you get something like a relic/empy/mythic item. A Blue Mage with mythic will be much better than an average blue mage with only AH swords. A Monk running around with lv99 Vere and best gears will probably do better than the pink Monk totting a pair of Furor Cesti without Shijin Spiral.

If you also give up on the enhancements for 'elite' jobs then all you get will be the storyline features. 'Congrats, you're now one of the elite Blue Mage. You're the same as before and everyone will tread you like everyone else but you know you are one of the Immortals now.'
    (0)

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7