Area and Coordinates:
    Everywhere

Party or Solo:
    Either

NPC Name:
    NA

Monster Name:
    NA

Steps: Basically, I keep noticing a black line down my tail. I finally figured out I can make it go away by removing my sigyn cuirie. I know there is gear out there that can add decoration to a mithra's tail but this is not a very pretty black line and it looks like it is dividing my tail in half lengthwise. Was this supposed to be a decoration or a glitch? Frankly, I do not like it and I would like it removed.

I also wonder if the same thing happens with skadi cuirie and skadi cuirie+1. I do not have those pieces yet so I cannot test it myself and salvage is not popular enough to see people wandering around in that gear so I can look at their tails.
    (0)

Character
    Ziyyigotipyigo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 1
    It's a racing stripe. It gives you +0.01% movement speed.
    (7)
    Nothing in the above post is intended to disparage Square Enix or FINAL FANTASY XI, or to criticize Square Enix staff; such behavior would be a violation of the FINAL FANTASY XI User Agreement. Any such violations of the FINAL FANTASY XI User Agreement should be reported to Square Enix immediately, by using the "Report Post" icon in the bottom-left of forum posts.

No Moogles were harmed in the making in this post. Stars save the Sibyl!

Character
    Yenecol
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziyyigo-Tipyigo View Post
    It's a racing stripe. It gives you +0.01% movement speed.
    Lol, if only!

But seriously, I would like a reply on this. After staring at my tail for years (I mean I play third-person view, not that I am perving over my character), it really bothers me to see this weird black line on it. I really hope it was not meant to be there as I really do like my sigyn cuirie.
    (0)

Greetings Yenecol,

I would be more than happy to submit this for you. In order to better understand exactly what it is you are seeing, would be able to post a screenshot showing the racing stripe black line on your tail? This will help us to determine if what you are seeing is intended or not.

Also, as you said you are on a Windows client, would you be able tell me which version of Windows you are running (XP/Vista/7? -- 32/64bit?)

And finally, would you be able to tell me which video card you have, and possibly the driver revision number?

Thank you,
    GM Bublex
    (8)

Character
    Trumpy
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    i have investigated and i also see this stripe. you are not crazy.
    (0)

Character
    Ziyyigotipyigo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpy View Post
    you are not crazy.
    Let's not get ahead of ourselves here...
    (3)
    Nothing in the above post is intended to disparage Square Enix or FINAL FANTASY XI, or to criticize Square Enix staff; such behavior would be a violation of the FINAL FANTASY XI User Agreement. Any such violations of the FINAL FANTASY XI User Agreement should be reported to Square Enix immediately, by using the "Report Post" icon in the bottom-left of forum posts.

Character
    Yenecol
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Windows 7 64 bit and my video card is an AMD Radeon HD 7700 driver version 8.982.0.0.

As for a screenshot, I just realized that the screenshots you get, even on a PC, are the same small size and horrible resolution as if I was back on a PS2! My search of the internet says easiest way to get a decent screenshot would be to use Windower. I would love to hear you say I should do that. :-3
    (1)

Character
    Yenecol
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Btw, I have been asking different people to look at my tail and all of them see the black line too!
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Yenecol View Post
    Windows 7 64 bit and my video card is an AMD Radeon HD 7700 driver version 8.982.0.0.

As for a screenshot, I just realized that the screenshots you get, even on a PC, are the same small size and horrible resolution as if I was back on a PS2! My search of the internet says easiest way to get a decent screenshot would be to use Windower. I would love to hear you say I should do that. :-3
    Hehe. I am afraid you won't hear me say that.

You might want to try running in windowed mode (not Windower), setting your game resolution just slightly below your desktop resolution, making sure you click on your desktop (so FFXI is not the active window), and hit Print Screen to screenshot your desktop (which happens to have FFXI running in a window). Then just paste it into Paint and save.

Please let me know if you have any trouble with this.

Regards,
    GM Bublex
    (3)
    Last edited by Bublex; 03-08-2013 at 06:44 AM.

Character
    Ziyyigotipyigo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Yenecol View Post
    Btw, I have been asking different people to look at my tail and all of them see the black line too!
    A random Mithra asking people to check out her tail? I'm sure they'll say whatever you want to hear.
    (2)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast