Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Chimerawizard View Post
    first, gauspe is situational. If you are in dynamis for some easy Gil, do you bring gauspe or other bodies... End of story, situational, end of story.
    The whole rest of the game did not go away, it was just outclassed.

"in order to be at all useful"...you should have read it better. He was saying those were the two TOP TP sets at the time of posting. Yes hq feet were needed to be at top dps. It still does hella better than gauspe when the enemy has no killer effects to exploit.

Just realized, you're trolling, aren't you.
    You should read it yourself. He said those were the best set ups for DC monsters you can't intimidate, (dynamis only) where you're eating red curry buns, (which will cut off about half the money you make, with dynamis currency hovering at 4.5k) are solo, and have no buffs. And even then it's a miniscule boost, in dead content, for 1 single job. And the spreadsheet comparison was done before Adoulin came out, and very much did make the rest of the game obsolete.

Are you seriously so thick as to believe that a piece of equipment that requires you to get another piece of 300 million gil equipment to be made at all useful, in only a single event, that you only do to make money in the first place, and is worse than free gear you can get in an afternoon in adoulin, somehow justifies that dual wield is broken and overpowered, and would take BST from one of the games worst DD's to the game's best? Despite the fact that 4 other jobs can already do the same damn thing and are still looked down upon as too weak?!
    (2)
    Last edited by Louispv; 05-24-2013 at 07:51 AM.

It be cool if they allowed us to duel wield, but does it even matter, since /dnc is still going be the best sub job we can use, since if were to do massive damage with other subs, are pets will not tank and we will die faster, since you can not cure yourself, and would waste cures from the mages. When you look at the big picture you will see and pull hate from the pally and other jobs to wipe the party , that were only as good as are pets and if we get to much dd gear you will tank with horrible defense, and die, before you can snarl the pet.

The coolest way would be, we just have 18 people alliance all BST and just zerg mobs, till the cows come home.
    (0)
    Last edited by sc4500; 05-31-2013 at 07:24 PM.
    A Mind that has been stretched will Never Return to its original Dimension....
    (author unknown)

utsusemi, ride shadows til snarl is ready. it works wonders.
    /dnc is best for dynamis & I prefer it for solo play.
    (2)

Player
    Nah, just have an "Oh shit" macro that equips the same damage taken- gear you have for every other job. Then assuming you have maxed killer effect merits, best case scenario gear, and Ferine body+2 you'll have 80% DT-% 4mins/5 while killer instinct is up, and 57% for the one minute it's down and take hits better than everyone but PLD.

If you're using jugs, which you should since it will always let you have the correct pet family for killer instinct, you can just snarl onto them for the 1 minute killer instinct isn't up, if you're somehow getting too reamed to handle healing. I'm sitting at 29%/51% right now and I can almost always heal myself just with /DNC so long as there's just one enemy, since I usually am only taking double digit damage per swing.
    (2)

Character
    Darkone
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Metaking View Post
    http://wiki.bluegartr.com/bg/Kerehcatl ( DMG:156 Delay:288 Accuracy+28 Attack+25 Pet: Accuracy+28 Attack+28) + this http://wiki.bluegartr.com/bg/Brethren_Axe (DMG:132 Delay:288 Accuracy+16 Enmity-4 Pet: Accuracy+20) and lets say you could get dw3(25%) naturally Skadi's Cuirie +1 (7%) suppa(5%) Thurandaut chapeau(5% tho I dont think bst can cap haste and use it atm with everything else listed here) so 42% dw would leave you with about 334 delay cap haste(gear) and you at like 250ish not sure if the game will round that up or not.... moveing on, 4.8 tp per hit throw on a rajas and it becomes an even 5 tp per hit.

so 287 dmg at 250delay under your own power is kinda scary, but when coupled with such a beefy weapon skill im pritty sure drg and pup would be dropping a peg on the latter to make way for bst with the rest of the dws having to bring there A game or get crushed, and without how bad most of are(dw'ers) merit weapon skills are.... yea you could be alittle op at that point especially with war sub

ps before someone says it, yes i realize there weapon skill only uses the main hand dmg for the weapon skill excluding the last hit which is with the off hand
    Using just adding damage for each hit that puts a naked MNK, with only boss delve weapon at 398 dmg, 376 delay, throw on 25% haste from gear and you are at 398 dmg, 282 delay. Put them both at delay reduction cap and BST looses by a lot since they both have the same delay, but MNK has MUCH higher damage fists. MNK beats BST by a lot even just using normal delve H2H weapon.

BST also looses a lot more tp per hit from DW than lower delay jobs. Which puts them at another disadvantage.

Now BST does have a pet and can help the entire party with debuffs from your pet, or from killer instinct. BST does have Ruinator which is an amazing WS. Really I would put BST ahead of most if not all other 1hand damage dealers.

The problem is that since this new update 2hand jobs and MNK have all become much stronger and well ahead of 1hand jobs.
    (2)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by darkhorror View Post
    Using just adding damage for each hit that puts a naked MNK, with only boss delve weapon at 398 dmg, 376 delay, throw on 25% haste from gear and you are at 398 dmg, 282 delay. Put them both at delay reduction cap and BST looses by a lot since they both have the same delay, but MNK has MUCH higher damage fists. MNK beats BST by a lot even just using normal delve H2H weapon.

BST also looses a lot more tp per hit from DW than lower delay jobs. Which puts them at another disadvantage.

Now BST does have a pet and can help the entire party with debuffs from your pet, or from killer instinct. BST does have Ruinator which is an amazing WS. Really I would put BST ahead of most if not all other 1hand damage dealers.

The problem is that since this new update 2hand jobs and MNK have all become much stronger and well ahead of 1hand jobs.
    That's not all....

- Killer Instinct.... one of the only useful abilities BST has to offer to a group is reportedly nerfed from 15% down to 10% in delve according to BG.
    - The Max HP Down effect from slug does not seem to trigger on mini delve NMs. (At least none of my 0/8 attempts on force pop NMs)
    - Unknown if Slug's -DEF/-ATK can proc on these monsters, but even if it could your pet would not be able to get any TP due to monster evasion and/or pet constantly being killed, paralyzed, stoned, slowed, etc...

I'm withholding final judgement until I see what SE has in store with the new jug pets or if they add any other adjustments in the update... Perhaps they nerfred everything BST has to offer a group because the new pets are incredibly strong. For right now though, everything SE has done seems to suggest that they don't want BST doing anything besides farming dynamis... which is also being made irrelevant, so asking for DD-related buffs on bst might just be pointless.
    (4)
    Last edited by Mavrick; 06-09-2013 at 01:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mavrick View Post
    they don't want BST doing anything besides farming dynamis... which is also being made irrelevant
    It's swings and round-a-bouts I'm afraid.

The decent BSTs were well ahead of the game when it came to new-style proc dynamis, especially whilst they had TH 3. Those that were able to do dynamis every day were able to rake in a ton of gil very quickly, or just save up a ton of currency to make themselves a guttler to enable themselves to farm more gil/currency even faster to make another relic/mythic even.

However. Delve arrived and made airlixers so much better for making gil, that people stopped farming dynamis. This had 2 effects:

1) the price of airlixers went down.

2) the price of currency went up

Though you'll see people occasionally shouting to sell their currency at 4.5k or whatever, there's not many of them selling it, and there's not many of them buying it either (due to r/m/e being over-shadowed right now by delve weapons).

However. There are a few people who are waiting with baited breath for SE's upgrades to r/m/e, and among them are people who have not yet completed their relic. With dynamis appearing to be failing, they are selling airlixers to buy currency, rather than farm their own currency. Unfortunately, noone's selling it.

So, I'm running around with currency in my bazaar at 6.5k each (over-priced so that people don't actually buy it), then I see it all vanishing from my bazaar, or I get tells, saying "if you don't want to sell that, you'd better raise the price to 8k before I find you!"

My advice: go and farm Dynamis and see how high you can sell currency for now
    (0)

Character
    Falkirk
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Mavrick View Post
    That's not all....

- Killer Instinct.... one of the only useful abilities BST has to offer to a group is reportedly nerfed from 15% down to 10% in delve according to BG.
    This is actually a Killer Instinct nerf that pertains to any and all Impossible to Gauge monsters (the nerf has been around since at least March 2012). Which makes for an even sadder state of affairs.

Sucks to hear about Purulent Ooze being ineffective as well...
    (2)
    Last edited by Falkirk; 06-15-2013 at 10:50 PM.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Falkirk View Post
    This is actually a Killer Instinct nerf that pertains to any and all Impossible to Gauge monsters (the nerf has been around since at least March 2012). Which makes for an even sadder state of affairs.

Sucks to hear about Purulent Ooze being ineffective as well...

Okay, After many, many, many attempts I was finally able to land Purulent Ooze on Chapilu on the test server. His HP dropped to 89%. I had Pet Mag. Acc Axes x2, and /nin for Water resistance down. So it appears the NM are not totally immune to it just extremely resistant.

We should petition SE to add a potent Magic Accuracy bonus to Spur, Run Wild, and/or Familiar since additional effects are pretty much the only thing BST pet have of value to a group but we lack gear/abilities to increase the success rate.
    (2)
    Last edited by Mavrick; 06-17-2013 at 05:10 AM.

Character
    Falkirk
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Wow, nicely done! So it actually can work...

Forgive me if it's been mentioned, but can you get the finished Pet: M.Acc axes from the Magian Moogle on the test server? Or did you build those beforehand on the main servers?
    (0)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast