Character
    Tennotsukai
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99

which weapon now?

I assume it's safe to say RNF will be using great swords. With that said, which weapon could one get his hands on presently to be well prepared for a 99 RNF as soon as the expansion is out?

Magian weapons are out of the loop so...Borealis? Mythic would take too long... thoughts?
    (0)

Player
    It's impossible to make a very educated guess until, at the earliest, something shows up in the .dats that is RUN usable and has a certain delay on it.

Until then, the absolute safest bet is probably the "best" non-Magian Greatsword that is usable by WAR/PLD/DRK and that can be sold back when something ideal comes along. That would be Etourdissante +1, apparently, which looks like a horrid weapon. I really hope that isn't Rune Fencer's best option out of the gate.

Gram and Jingang Greatsword are riskier (not WAR/PLD/DRK) sell-back-able choices that suck a bit less. Well, if Jingang Greatsword is still valid at level 99.
    (1)

Character
    Tennotsukai
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Ah, I see. Thanks
    (0)

Character
    Hesper
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Personaly I would look on BG Wiki and then look at Great Swords that aren't Relic, Magian (Just in case they don't allow the other weapons from this to work with the job), or Emp and go from there. If I had to take a wild stab in the dark i would say for Rare/EX Great Swords look at maybe Borealis or Dervish Sword for ones on the AH I would say Gram, Etourdissante +1, or if it's still good Jingang.

The reason why I say this is because I have a feeling that RNF is going to have at least an A- if not finally an A+ in Great Swords and more then likely access to all of the Weapon Skills that come with it. I will say that if it doesn't come with at least this most of the player base is going to be pissed at the job and not play it.
    (0)

Player
    Well, just watched a vid with RUN in it, looks like they at very least gave it Resolution, so no matter what GS they have their damage is already at least ok.
    (1)