Character
    Amaday
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99

Pianissimo for SCH!

Pianissimo- limits area of effect of next song to a single target and halves its spellcasting time.

Here's were I realized the scholar, who is supposed to be a tactican, is missing a key ability. i see GEO and BRD have similiar ways to get things done, I'm asking for the same for the job that is most tactical. A small example I will provide:

NNI, Meeble burrows, boss fight, what have you, it can happen at anytime other
    than these but i don't really use my sch except in these two events so please
    forgive me if that's the only time I came up with the idea.

Anyway, I'm in the middle of casting a buff like regen, I have Accession and Perpetuance up, I'm ready to cast my AOE buff. Suddenly, 1 DD takes a massive attack that puts them in the red. They just hit the top of the hate list and they are about to die if I don't do something right now.

Boom, I cure them. DD lives...the cost? Twice the mp needed (only one DD needed to be cured, I have accession up because I was about to buff), a ton of additional unneeded hate on me now, and I'm out 1 stratagem charge. Plus, I still need to accession again, in order to resume my initial action, the buffing.

Solution:

Scholar, "Insert Job Ability Name here"- limits area of effect of next Accessioned/Manifested spell to a single target and does not use/cancel stratagem charge.

Result:

After curing the DD, i can now cast my accession/manifested spell, without it going AOE and without me losing my AOE charge, so I'm ready to do whatever I orginally intended before I was forced to respond to a different threat/concern.

Now, I'd also like to point out, I currently play on the xbox 360...

Since there have been no ground breaking macro fixs (still stuck with 6 lines per macro, it's 360 so I can't use windower) I have to be very inventive with my macros, stringing up to three macros just to perform one action. the problem? Using three macros consumes more time than just one macro, hence going from enhancing set to cure set and back takes longer.

Even on a PC, you'd still get the above listed problems using windower, the hate, the lost strategim, the double mp wasted, but it's even worse on ps2/360. Thank you.

Please like this idea so it can be implemented immediately, thank you.
    (1)
    Last edited by Concerned4FFxi; 02-22-2013 at 10:24 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kincard
    The reason I keep coming back to XI as opposed to other MMOs is because of the content's lastability. While it is true that many pieces are outdated with each patch, to this day there are many old pieces of gear that are still near top-tier if not the top-tier. It encourages you to explore the whole breadth of content rather than asking you to bumrush and bypass all the old content just so you can grind the newer content. This is a model used by other MMOs such as WoW, and while I don't have anything against people that enjoy this model, if I wanted to play an MMO with that model there are many, many games vast superior to XI in terms of mechanics and especially customer service that offer such a model.

Player
    I wonder if it would be better to just have a job ability that acted to delay any and all active stratagems for one spell, so it would be more versatile.
    (5)

Character
    Zagen
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    I can count on 1 hand the times this issue has come up for me...
    (2)
    Last edited by Zagen; 02-23-2013 at 04:01 AM.

Character
    Mordru
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    I've certainly had this happen, but not enough that I'd go crazy about another JA to remedy it.

When I read the thread title I was thinking of something else. I'd like a strat or JA that allowed my next accessionable self-target spell to be cast on a single party member. So I could SS/Phalanx/Enspell the tank without running up to them. Or combine this new JA/strat with Accession to AOE the self buff centered on a party member other than me.

I imagine that would be labeled as broken or OP though because part of the trade-off of being able to use these self-cast spells on others is to put ourselves in harm's way.
    (0)