Internet Connection Speed: 1.5mb/s

Date & Time: February 20th, 2013 / multiple times of the day

Frequency: Always

Character Name: Aisho

Race: Hume M

World: Shiva

Main Job: PLD

Support Job: WHM

Area and Coordinates: Pso'Xja - Area 2 (The problems should occur in all areas of Pso'Xja)

Party or Solo: Solo

NPC Name: None

Monster Name: None

Steps:

1. Take the entrance into Pso'Xja from Beaucedine Glacier at G-9

2. As you continue down the path and come to the Tonberries, significant slow down should occurr. The slowdown appears to happen in all areas of Pso'Xja, not just Area 2, and happens almost anywhere on the map. If you continue to explore the area will you notice that the slow down will fluctuate from place-to-place, but there is almost always a lot of slow down no matter where you are.

3. If you fight mobs, the game slows down even more significantly, if you are fighting multiple mobs at the same time, it is even worse.

4. The game will sometimes actually freeze when opening your inventory or interacting with objects, such as the chests, depending on how slow the game is running when you attempt. It has also frozen occasionally while fighting a mob, usually at the end of the fight when you are about to kill it. It is not on any particular mob in the area, it is all of the mobs.

--

The Playstation 2 version of FINAL FANTASY XI is having critical slowdown and freezing in the area, Pso'Xja. The game slows down more as fighting mobs and even more so when spawning the NM's to obtain the bracelets. This was tested in the area with myself being the only player in the zone... It tends to freeze when interacting with objects or even attempting to open your inventory if the frame rate is low when attempting to do so. I have nearly no slowdowns at all in other areas. I have been in full alliances and in very busy towns such as Jeuno with not nearly as much slowdown.

I was skeptical that it may have been my Playstation 2 console (SCPH-30001). I had played the game before on my 60GB PS3 (the original model with the Emotion Engine built-in), which never had a problem before, and decided that I would reinstall the game on my PS3 and update it... the problem persists on that system as well.

While playing on the PS3 60GB console, the slowdowns are only slightly less than on the PS2 console, but it is still practically unplayable on both the PS2 and PS3 consoles. On both systems, it has had massive slowdowns and freezing while either opening inventory or interacting with objects when slowdown is present. The crashing has happened several times on both consoles. I have checked files with PlayOnline on both consoles with no error returned.

I do not see any possibility of hardware failure as I have tested the PS2 version on two completely separate installations. I am certain that any player would consider this slowdown to be unplayable and especially the crashing when interacting with objects or opening inventory.

I have spent most of my time dealing with this issue in Area 2, entrance G-9 from Beaucedine Glacier. I have been in other areas of Pso'Xja with just as much slowdown also.

PS2 players, please test this yourselves, I would like to hear if any PS2 players are not having any issues of this sort. I have a good DSL internet connection and I am 100% certain that my internet is not the problem. I would take my best guess that there is an issue with memory mapping that occurred in the PS2 version that happened in an update.

On a final note, please do not bash the PS2 version, is the original version of the game and for that reason deserves some respect. It would seem that Adoulin may never reach the other nations outside of Japan on the PS2 platform, so please don't say to give up and move to another platform. To each his own, please. Japan is certainly receiving Adoulin on PS2 and for the very least this needs to be debugged for their sake if nothing else.

Square-Enix, will you please fix this problem? I feel that this is something that really needs to be fixed and certainly not overlooked. Thank you for your time.
    (0)
    Last edited by aisho; 02-22-2013 at 12:21 AM.

Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by aisho View Post
    The Playstation 2 version of FINAL FANTASY XI is having critical slowdown and freezing in the area, Pso'Xja.
    Fill out this form:

Platform:
    ISP:
    Type of Internet Connection:
    Internet Connection Speed:
    Date & Time:
    Frequency:
    Character Name:
    Race:
    World:
    Main Job:
    Support Job:
    Area and Coordinates:
    Party or Solo:
    NPC Name:
    Monster Name:
    Steps:
    <*Add more steps if necessary.>
    Quote Originally Posted by aisho View Post
    On a final note, please do not bash the PS2 version,
    No.
    (0)

Character
    Ziyyigotipyigo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Economizer View Post
    Fill out this form:
    No need to fill out a new form for S-E to ignore when they can just keep ignoring mine from last month.
    (0)
    Nothing in the above post is intended to disparage Square Enix or FINAL FANTASY XI, or to criticize Square Enix staff; such behavior would be a violation of the FINAL FANTASY XI User Agreement. Any such violations of the FINAL FANTASY XI User Agreement should be reported to Square Enix immediately, by using the "Report Post" icon in the bottom-left of forum posts.

No Moogles were harmed in the making in this post. Stars save the Sibyl!

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I'll be happy to escalate your report to the developers for testing. However, they will need the following information for testing. While some information may seem unnecessary, it is needed to help reproduce the problem. Can you please fill out the template below? Thank you for understanding:

Thread Title:
    Short outline explaining what sort of issue you are experiencing.

Platform:
    Specify which platform was in use to play the game.("PlayStation2", Windows, and/or Xbox 360)

ISP:
    Name of ISP you use to connect to the Internet.

Type of Internet Connection:
    Specify the type of connection. (dial-up, DSL, CATV, Optic Fiber, Other)

Internet Connection Speed:
    Specify the speed of internet connection. (Example: 768Kbit/s, 5Mbit/s)

Date & Time:
    Date and time of when the issue occurred. Please be sure to state the time zone of your region. (Example: Pacific Time = PST/PDT)

Frequency:
    State how frequently the issue occurs. Please select from the following.
    1. Always
    2. Sometimes
    3. Once (did not reproduce)
    4. Unknown

Character Name:
    Which character did the issue occur with?

Race:
    Race of your character when the issue occurred.
    (Hume M, Hume F, ElvaanM, ElvaanF, TarutaruM, TarutaruF, Galka, Mithra)

World:
    World where the issue occurred.

Main Job:
    Main job and level of your character when the issue occurred.

Support Job:
    Support job of your character when the issue occurred.

Area and Coordinates:
    Area and map coordinates where the issue occurred.

Party or Solo:
    If you were solo when the issue occurred, please write "Solo". If you were in a party, please write "Party". With alliance, please write "Alliance."
    *If you wrote "Party" or "Alliance", please also include the number of members.

NPC Name:
    Name of NPC that your character was interacting with when the issue occurred.
    *If you were not interacting with any NPC, then please write "None".

Monster Name:
    Name of monster that your character was battling against when the issue occurred.
    *If you were not battling against any monster, then please write "None".

Steps:
    Detailed steps on how the issue occurred.
    *Please try to include the following details.

* What you were doing when the issue occurred. (Example: Battle, mission, quest, crafting, synthesis, etc.)
    * Please do your best to write using official terms for item names and skill/ability names. Please avoid any abbreviations or improper terms.
    * If you were using macro commands when the issue occurred, please include the details of the command.
    * In case the error message appeared when the issue occurred, please include what the message said.

*In case you cannot post all of the information in a single post due to character limitations, please make multiple posts.

SQUARE ENIX MODERATOR
    (0)

5. 02-21-2013 11:54 PM

Character
    Aisho
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 75
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziyyigo-Tipyigo View Post
    No need to fill out a new form for S-E to ignore when they can just keep ignoring mine from last month.
    Who knows... maybe they are working with other problems... The best we can do is make the forms and hope for the best... I'm pretty sure that the more reports there are of this problem, the more it will get their attention... its a very critical problem and from the looks of it, it is effecting all of the PS2 installations. I would guess the only reason it hasn't been addressed more is because its not a very busy area to begin with.
    (0)

7. 02-22-2013 12:23 AM

Character
    Aisho
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 75
    Quote Originally Posted by Qeepel View Post
    Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I'll be happy to escalate your report to the developers for testing. However, they will need the following information for testing. While some information may seem unnecessary, it is needed to help reproduce the problem. Can you please fill out the template below? Thank you for understanding:
    I edited my original post and added the form into the beginning. Please review it for me.
    (0)

Greetings Aisho,

Thank you for filling out the template as requested. I have made sure to submit your information to the development team, and they will make sure to thoroughly investigate this matter, based on your report. Unfortunately, I cannot guarantee that a direct response will be posted on this thread, but I do recommend consulting http://www.PlayOnline.com or http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/fo...ersion-Updates for any details about the development team's investigation. Thanks again for your report!

GM Bublex
    (0)