Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Character
    Katz
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 57
    If you are old school player then you will understand the skillchain kills and will quickly level up outside of abyssea. I was in a party of 41s this morning in crawlers nest (real old school cos no one goes there now lol). I was getting 480 exp per kill unlike the abyssea leech role who has to wait on domi or boxes or exp to climb before he has to leave to get skillups and kill mobs repetitively to be any use to anyone. I say old school still rocks to killing mobs for skillups only sucks
    (0)

Character
    Rinzler
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 34
    Quote Originally Posted by Haglaz View Post
    I myself, being a veteran from PS2 NA release; do not like the Aby-leeching simply because (as everyone has been saying) it ruins not only the personal experience for the player (imo) but also for the entire community. i.e a power leveled player has no capped skils, no crafting, and no common knowlage base of the mathmatical mechanics associated with play.
    So tell them to go on clopedia for a day to gain all the knowledge, spend a bit of time on these forums, then spend a week skilling up (as it goes at an extreme rate now). Crafting is not included....Even if you levelled to 90 the original way you wont have a craft out of it.
    (0)

i respect you for wanting to lvl up in a pt where your personal performance actually matters and a little time needs to be spent.

that being said, i dunno if i'd wanna do it for 90 lvls. i miss sc's and mb's, i miss plds being tanks and blms being in the same pt as a warrior, on purpose. i remember the old 2005 setups fondly, and would do that again.. but just for a couple hours.. not to actually lvl.

from a practical pov... the difference is just to huge. it took me 2 years to get my first 75. i've seen people burn jobs from 30 to 90 over a weekend.. how do you compete with that? especially when, at this point, everyone you know is a lvl 90, and is focused on true endgame events. imo the game always REALLY "started" at 75, now it's 90... and you can get there way faster.

so i don't begrudge people that burn there jobs. the only reason i haven't done it is because i have no more jobs i want lvled. but there is still something to be said for a player who "paid there dues" and was willing to put forth the time and effort. it proves you "meant it" instead of just dabbling or bandwagoning.
    (1)

Character
    Noirin
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    when i came back to ff11 last month i told myself,i was going to level the same way i did 3 yrs ago when i played.i set goals for myself[get my kazham pass,get to this lvl etc] and worked on those.abyssea doesn't appeal to me that much.i may want to get to endgame like anyone else does,but i want to get there with the whole game experience once again.
    it's only been a month or so and i'm back to lvl 64,so i'd say i'm doing a pretty good job
    (0)

Character
    Nuri
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I am a returning player (lvl 60 rdm) and like some people here, I have been trying to just level the way I used to. Mostly because I don't understand the first thing about abyssea. It is a little intimidating.

Unfortunately, I'm finding I end up solo skilling most nights because there is nobody around to party with. I'm about to bite the bullet and go find out what this abyssea thing is all about.
    (0)

Character
    Cybermario
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaknafein View Post
    Kudo's to everyone in this thread leveling the way the game was originally intended. One of my most favorite activities in the game is to go out and solo some fov, or team up with a couple friends lvl 15-60ish. It's those times spent together, and parties back in the day that are the true fun of XI. End game is great in it's own way. Nothing can replace that fun relaxed low level xp party feeling however.
    Amen for that!
    (0)

Level how you want, Screw what anyone else says. If you wanna exp in Abyssea, Blow your butt to 90, If you wanna exp the old way, More power too you. Its your choice, Not theirs. Its your money, Its your Time, And its your enjoyment. Play however the hell you want.

Play for your own Enjoyment, Not how others tell you too. If you're sitting there thinking to yourself "I really would like to exp quicker" Get your butt into an Abyssea Exp party. If you're thinking "Its fine how it is and I'm having fun" Continue on your current path.

Do whatever you want, Its your time, money, and fun!
    (2)
    Last edited by Karbuncle; 04-18-2011 at 02:50 PM.

Character
    Rinzler
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 34
    Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    admittedly i don't want to filter through any of the pompous high-horse BS going on in this thread. Or any Anti-Abyssea Propaganda whining that i know this thread is littered with.

So That aside.

Level how you want, Screw what anyone else says. If you wanna exp in Abyssea, Blow your butt to 90, If you wanna exp the old way, More power too you. Its your choice, Not theirs. Its your money, Its your Time, And its your enjoyment. Play however the hell you want.

Play for your own Enjoyment, Not how others tell you too. If you're sitting there thinking to yourself "I really would like to exp quicker" Get your butt into an Abyssea Exp party. If you're thinking "Its fine how it is and I'm having fun" Continue on your current path.

Do whatever you want, Its your time, money, and fun.
    You should read the thread and not judge, most comments are like yours :/
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by viion View Post
    You should read the thread and not judge, most comments are like yours :/
    I will honest to god Admit that I'm shocked >.>.

also I'm not judging anyone specifically, I'm just used to every thread that even hints at abyssea is usually riddled with people yelling back and forth about how much they hate Abyssea or Hate old Exp :\

Just goes to show... Everyone is full of surprises ^^
    (0)

Player
    Exp how you want... I do think taking the time to level up a first job outside of abyssea can be a good thing though

Maybe find a duo / trio partner(s) and go do random fov pages... exp should be fairly fast paced with the new exp changes..

You could also level up bst if you have trouble finding a few people to exp with.... bst can make some decent solo exp.. make it up to chain 5 easy.

It's why i leveled up bst when i first started the game.. most people won't take the time to help a noob out.. and they complain about your gear... as bst.. gear isn't as important while leveling.. the pets you charm do most of the work ^^
    (0)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast