Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Character
    Morgantis
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 95
    Level how you want. Play how you want after all you play your game for you not others. Thats the motto The key is have fun basically
    (1)

Character
    Guardianzero
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    I guess letting others do work for you is fun *.^
    (0)

Character
    Rinzler
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 34
    Those complaining about not being able to level the old-school way I think are taking it a bit to far.

Yes its low but I've managed to do it, and maybe not the very old-school way of valk > qifum > jungle etcetc, because that has been destroyed with level sync not Abyssea.

No new player will be able to get into Abyssea without friends which would defeat the object of "new player", and so abyssea has no concern for you, once you've dragged out levelling the old way, you probably wont want to do it another 20 times.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by viion View Post
    Those complaining about not being able to level the old-school way I think are taking it a bit to far.

Yes its low but I've managed to do it, and maybe not the very old-school way of valk > qifum > jungle etcetc, because that has been destroyed with level sync not Abyssea.

No new player will be able to get into Abyssea without friends which would defeat the object of "new player", and so abyssea has no concern for you, once you've dragged out levelling the old way, you probably wont want to do it another 20 times.
    I am in the qufum stage. I enjoy meeting with the same group and bumping into people from the last time I played. It is a social experience and I really enjoy it. Given that it is such a small group of wandering fighters we have gotten to know one another because we fight together so much.

Just because people in my LS or my 'friends' play in Abyssea doesn't mean I am going to join them. It doesn't defeat the 'object' of 'new player' (what does that mean, anyway?) - it makes the qifum stage go away, and I don't like that. Those [people that I party with] are my friends because I play the most with them and we stay in touch and arrange to travel so far just to be in a party and have fun together. I don't understand abyssea and I like this way that I am playing now. I found a bunch of new players like me and we're having fun exploring the world. One of them joined a LS and has been going to abyssea and is now level 59. He is missing out because he will prolly never get to see the jungle now.

Do you understand what I mean? I don't want to miss out on the world because everything is focused on Abyssea now. Because I found other new players and we made a deal to explore the world I am not really threatened by Abyssea, but initially it is frustrating because the whole game pretty much goes there. I am just glad that I don't have to worry about *not* seeing any maps. When I am level 40 I am going to trade beastman seals to fight in a cool arena I hear about. That player I mentioned who joined LS and is in abyssea - guess what he's not going to experience? That is what I mean when I say abyssea should be for high levels. It robs new players of adventures and from being exposed to different parts of this game, and subsequently robs their friends of them as a contributing member to the fighting party.
    (3)
    I am "Super" on Leviathan.

Character
    Rinzler
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 34
    Lamer you misunderstood me, I'm talking about leeching as a new player. You wont be able to leech in abysses without friends as a new player.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by viion View Post
    Lamer you misunderstood me, I'm talking about leeching as a new player. You wont be able to leech in abysses without friends as a new player.
    Ahhh, okay. Those people who are new players and want to leech are just ruining it for themselves. People who help them leech should realize that they are doing them a disservice. I can understand though, now that I know more about this game, if someone wants to have a job leveled fast who has already played through the maps and done all the quests. It's different for me though: I Like it to be slow. This way I learn more about the game and can help people, just like an old player can, instead of not knowing about certain stuff because I skipped it and let someone leech me in abyssea. I also get to make friends along the way.
    (2)
    I am "Super" on Leviathan.

Quote Originally Posted by Amanomurakumo View Post
    But look at it this way also if you dont have weapon up to date on skills and dont have right atmas you can be lvl 90 and you are considered a leech in my book.
    How are you supposed to get atmas? You gotta start somewhere. I don't think it is fair to call someone a leech just cause they are starting out...
    (0)

So, I am now 61 and exp is getting really slow. I'm worried about the next few levels.
    (0)

I myself, being a veteran from PS2 NA release; do not like the Aby-leeching simply because (as everyone has been saying) it ruins not only the personal experience for the player (imo) but also for the entire community. i.e a power leveled player has no capped skils, no crafting, and no common knowlage base of the mathmatical mechanics associated with play.

Off topic, has anyone thought of making a poll for Aby level cap increase?

Back to topic: To the OP-> Have it your way....lol, getting to 90 in a couple days doesnt make you elite, knowing how and when to pop a 15min cooldown, does!!
    (0)

Character
    Fistandantilus
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Kudo's to everyone in this thread leveling the way the game was originally intended. One of my most favorite activities in the game is to go out and solo some fov, or team up with a couple friends lvl 15-60ish. It's those times spent together, and parties back in the day that are the true fun of XI. End game is great in it's own way. Nothing can replace that fun relaxed low level xp party feeling however.
    (1)

~Party Rock Anthem~

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast