Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    yeah, you're not crazy. First of all if you are a new/returning player like me, chances are you don't really have the option of leeching cause you don't have cruor to buy keys and most folks if they are going to allow a leech, are going to want to give that spot to their friend or their other account.

Second of all, exp is actually really fast without leeching. I went from 42-51 playing on Friday night and Sunday afternoon/night, and did my first level break. That really isn't that slow. The key is getting a party together though. Soloing just gets demoralizing and it is half the speed of even the slowest party.
    (1)

Character
    Rinzler
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 34
    yeh with Double EXP and insane skillups its quite easy to level outside if you can get the players. Its just....getting them and keeping them.

Leeching is not a choice for the new player.
    (1)

not crazy at all. i leeched nin and thf in abyssea and its just not the same really. now i gotta skill up everything, i have no clue what kind of gear is good, and i just honestly don't feel the kinda bond that i have with my WHM and BLM that i took months upon months to level from 1-75
    (2)

Character
    Mesheef
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Khajit View Post
    Not crazy but it's not going to go very quickly at all and it really is more fun once you're a decent level. There are abyssea shouts all the time if you're too lazy to make em yourself after you get high lv so you'd be able to party to your heart's content nonstop AND make gil from the cruor/dominion notes.
    Plus if you really just want to kill stuff with random people you can ask to join some of the better( as in avoid the shouts asking for 18 people to kill a duo/trioable mob) shouts out there. I do admit that sometimes it is fun joining in on that 18 man nonsense just to see some of the truly awful players getting owned for hours by stuff you've killed within 3 minutes.
    I lol'd in remembrance of watching a ls die repeatedly vs Pallid Percy. While they were still raising each other I duo'd it me nin/war and a blm/brd
    (0)

Character
    Rinzler
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 34
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingofgeeks View Post
    not crazy at all. i leeched nin and thf in abyssea and its just not the same really. now i gotta skill up everything, i have no clue what kind of gear is good, and i just honestly don't feel the kinda bond that i have with my WHM and BLM that i took months upon months to level from 1-75
    Skilling up is extremely easy, the rate and difficulty of it was adjusted.
    Gear well im sure thats kinda obvious, most where all same thing so you can find gearsets online (clopediaz)
    And the bond, yeh i get that, thats more of a personal issue we have

I am going to do my NIN myself but rdm or sam i might try and leech.
    (0)

Character
    Sincentius
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    YO I HAVE MYSELFS A LVL 22 WUR AND I'D LUVES TO PARDEH IN THE DOONES LIKE IN DEM GOOD OLE DAYES BUT I CAN'T FINDS MYSELVES A PARDEH!! AND I AM DERFTHEGALKA DANGIT! O___________O
    (2)
    O__________O "OAH ITS DANG OL GOOOOOOOODDDDDDDDD OLE DERFTHEGALKA YO!!!"
    WWW.DERFTHEGALKA.COM

Player
    I agree with OP and the people who say they should make abyssa only for high level players. This game is ruined for new people like me who want to -enjoy- and explore the real world outside of abyssa. I *want* to level slowly with the same people. I *want* to learn how to play the game that way.. but I can't. Everyone isn't even around to play with because they are over there *not* playing the real game.

I am going to avoid abyssa for as long as possible. I want to learn about the game the real way, just like everyone else got to. I applaud you, OP, for not going there. I am new too so I don't really know what I am talking about but it seems like there are two ways I can play this game:

- the real way
    - the new way

I feel like I am forced to spend money on abyssa just to experience a social element in this game. I wish they would raise the level there so more people would be around to play and learn with. I dont even want to go there until I know what I am doing.. The reality is that I prolly will have to because my options are slim.
    (2)
    Last edited by Lamer; 03-30-2011 at 07:05 PM.

Character
    Delvish
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    A lot of people have posted some very valid comments about not partying in abyssea when you're early on. If it is your first time through (or first time with this character) then correct, abyssea is not for you. However, you still want to buy the expansion and then Get yourself in a situation where Joachim is stacking your stones. Then while you're leveling your normal jobs and getting them skilled up properly (emphasis on this because it's very important), Joachim is stacking stones and you'll have over a hundred by the time you're ready for abyssea and you're not on the short end always hoping for that next stone to come in.
    (1)
    Samurai Archery is said to be a thing of the past, but it isn't dead yet!

Except that gil is hard to come by to get gear to level outside Abyssea, and player-sold gear for levels below 75 is rare on the AH. Getting cruor in Abyssea is the best way to get gil for players starting. 1000 cruor from a treasure chest in Abyssea can be converted to about 2200 gil by buying armor and selling it to NPCs outside Abyssea. Mobs also start dropping a lot of it after you've built up enough lights.
    (0)

Character
    Guardianzero
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    But look at it this way also if you dont have weapon up to date on skills and dont have right atmas you can be lvl 90 and you are considered a leech in my book.
    (0)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast