Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Moghouse Beautification: The storage space trade off

Hi all,

In light of the recent fat chocobo discussion, I would like to offer an idea I thought of.

Being able to decorate one's moghouse allows people to take pride in their home; full of memories and trophies/memorabilia. However, doing so comes at a cost to potential storage space for gear/seal/etc.

Would it be possible to create another form of storage "Mog Warehouse" (just a made up name) that could store furniture-specific items and from which people could decorate their moghouses? If this was possible, then people could be able to freely decorate their moghouses without the current storage space penalty of "Mog safe"/"Mog Storage" (obviously setting a storage limit of say 30 items in the "Mog Warehouse").

Could make it a set of quests like the "Mog Safe" upgrade quests.
    (34)
    As I stand looking out from my mog house window, I reminisce about the old days and the many ups and downs of my adventures throughout Vana'diel.

It is then that I know achievement.

this could worl by easier to decorate from vs mog safe. plus with all the added storage each item can be, and the possiblity of storage being from any mh.. This could help alot with space.
    (1)

Character
    Kristal
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    I've suggested a similar idea a few times: Mog Furniture.

Initially, all furniture (placed or not) is moved from Mog Safe to Mog Furniture. (Afterwards, this is done manually.) MF only allows furniture items to be placed in it, contrasting Mog Storage. Placed furniture remains placed, so mog storage remains intact.
    Size of MF depends on size of Mog Safe.

This allows for freedom to design your moghouse as you see fit, without it choking your mog safe. You want that collection of statues displayed? Now you can. You want a chocobo stable without dropping that lvl 99V2 emp weapon? Go ahead!
    (5)
    "Puppetmaster was our last best hope for peace. It failed.
    Now it's our last best hope.. for victory!"

Character
    Dann
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Yes Please! Something like this would be great!
    (1)

Player
    I'd love this. Even if it were just 30 spaces and couldn't be expanded, for some weird reason, that would be more than enough for me.

I could finally construct the garish chamber of horrors I have always wanted my moogle to suffer through. That little jerk-faced ball of fuzz would regret the day he was born as every noise-making furnishing available to me made itself known to him.
    (5)

Player
    This kinda thing might stop my room from being just a series of boxes & a bed...
    (3)
    Last edited by Demon6324236; 07-20-2012 at 11:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Demon6324236 View Post
    This kinda thing my stop my room from being just a series of boxes & a bed...
    yup... lol xD
    (1)
    As I stand looking out from my mog house window, I reminisce about the old days and the many ups and downs of my adventures throughout Vana'diel.

It is then that I know achievement.

Character
    Dann
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    This could also make a larger market for furniture for more then just storage space. Which would make the crafters happy as well.
    (4)

All 5 of my mog houses are pretty awesome, I would be thrilled if I didnt have to lose 50~ inventory for each.
    (2)

http://www.twitch.tv/wish12oz
    http://www.youtube.com/user/r5n/videos

Character
    Westyle
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    I was originally going to care how my Mog House looked, but then:

Wrong furniture breaks Moghancements
    Gil cost of furniture